Cowboys fan wants to slap Wilson in the face

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
HansGruber":5p6uazmo said:
Do Cowboys fans seriously think Romo is a good QB? I mean, really?

I just find that a bit hard to believe.

They have a whole section on the official site just for Tony Romo discussion. Believe me when I say it is not all positive.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HansGruber":29c9qu2t said:

No they don't, they hate Romo.

But like other streaky QB's like Cutler, Ryan and Stafford...........Romo can get in rhythm and do some serious damage.

But also like Cutler, Romo's flaky and will wilt under pressure.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":1chitegs said:

Romo IS a good QB. He isn't great, but if we didn't have Russ...I wouldn't mind having him. But then again, I've never hated on the guy like most

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
My favorite is the guy who keeps coming back and adamantly states that Russell is just a RB handing off to RBs. :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2lkp9rnh said:
HansGruber":2lkp9rnh said:

Romo IS a good QB. He isn't great, but if we didn't have Russ...I wouldn't mind having him. But then again, I've never hated on the guy like most

I would never want Romo.

Guys like Romo and Cutler are the current day Jeff George's, tons of talent, but for some reason can't ever put it together.

Not saying Romo can't win, as we're seeing this year when you surround him with a run game he can be fine. But if you need a drive or a game where he HAS to be clutch? He craps the bed just about every time.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
That 'DallasGoon' guy is such an idiot it's actually entertaining. :lol:

-He goes on and on about Wilson isn't a QB but a running back, and can't throw from within the pocket.

-Another poster shows how good Wilson's stats are from within the pocket...

His reply:

Dude, I don't care what stupid stats you pull out. I know what my damn eyeballs tell me.

14cywrt

:lol:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Body build the Failure sounds like a real funny guy. A bit on the special dumb side, but he's the kind of people you can convince to drink a bucket of pee for a dollar. A total tool.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Just poking around on that board, I keep seeing their keys to win this game: Stack the box with 8 or 9, don't let Lynch or Wilson run, make Wilson beat them with his arm.

Just an observation... that every time I visit an opposing teams board they same that exact same thing.

But here we are, 31 wins, 10 losses later.... good theory guys.

Rocket

Reaction score
Making a statement like he's "just a RB that takes a snap" is just unimaginably silly. He's never ran for more than 540 yards in a season. If you're gonna make a stupefying claim like that, at least find a QB that run for over 700-800 yards.

How many "RBs that take a snap" throw for more than 7,300 yards, 60 TDs, just 20 INTs, 64.4% and sport a career 102 QBR? And that's in his first 36 games as a pro.
This sums up the Cowboy Confusion™, from one of their own.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
DavidSeven":29quzg4h said:
Seems like the majority of the fans in that thread actually recognize Wilson's talent (if you go back to page 1). Spoiled apples in every bunch, but I see a lot of level-headed posts in there.

Agreed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3g13w8qg said:
Let's be honest, the large majority of Russell's throws are one read throws. Especially this year with all the short throws to Harvin.

BUT, not all Russell's fault, because that's what Pete and Bevell have implemented into our offensive game plans.......plays that suit Russell's style, which is more like a college offense (lots of play action, layered deception from the same look, etc).

Rarely does Russell sit in the pocket for 3-5 seconds and go through 3 or 4 progressions. If he does, then it's planned roll out, then he hits a 2nd or 3rd progression receiver.

The question is, why do we care? If another team's fans are too stupid to understand that there are many different ways to win a football game, and that you don't have to have a prototypical 3-5 step dropback QB that goes through progressions? Like it diminishes Russell's skill or legitimacy as a QB?

Oh man, find/replace Wilson for Kaepernick and this is a 9ers fan post. :lol:

(not that I disagree with you BTW, just ribbing. ;) )

Largent80

Reaction score
I think Wilson wants to slap that fan in the face. Oh WAIT, maybe he already did..... :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1w0v0nkd said:
Sgt. Largent":1w0v0nkd said:
Let's be honest, the large majority of Russell's throws are one read throws. Especially this year with all the short throws to Harvin.

BUT, not all Russell's fault, because that's what Pete and Bevell have implemented into our offensive game plans.......plays that suit Russell's style, which is more like a college offense (lots of play action, layered deception from the same look, etc).

Rarely does Russell sit in the pocket for 3-5 seconds and go through 3 or 4 progressions. If he does, then it's planned roll out, then he hits a 2nd or 3rd progression receiver.

The question is, why do we care? If another team's fans are too stupid to understand that there are many different ways to win a football game, and that you don't have to have a prototypical 3-5 step dropback QB that goes through progressions? Like it diminishes Russell's skill or legitimacy as a QB?

Oh man, find/replace Wilson for Kaepernick and this is a 9ers fan post. :lol:

(not that I disagree with you BTW, just ribbing. ;) )

It'd be a Kaepernick post if all the roll out one progression throws ended in overthrows and interceptions.

Rainger

Reaction score
byau":388wtecf said:
Sprfunk":388wtecf said:
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/39841-russell-wilson-has-a-real-slappable-face/page-4\

Some of the Boys fans advocate for Wilson, and thats nice to hear. Some of thier fans seem resonable and thoughtful, a few don't fit that bill.

"he(Wilson) is a running back that takes snaps and sometimes hands to another running back."

"Wilson is a one read and run QB"

If you only watched the game this week vs Redskins, a conclusion of "one read and run" isn't farfetched. Most of his runs were pretty quick after the snap and not extensive scrambling in the pocket before running. And he got 120+ yards.

Even though they say they weren't I think the Monday game plan was exactly that. Those were mostly designed read options with him as the primary runner. I think because they knew they were on the national stage they would do that as much as they did to create ideas in the up coming game coordinators heads.

If the other teams have to game plan for that then the Hawks will do something different because everyone will be scheming to stop RW on the run. This is the chess match Pete is setting up. Also they knew that the REDSKINS crashed a lot on the ends they would take advantage of that until they stopped RW.

I am sure this is not the new MO of the Hawks only a way to get the league confused.

byau

Reaction score
rainger":3jddr2sr said:
byau":3jddr2sr said:
Sprfunk":3jddr2sr said:
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/39841-russell-wilson-has-a-real-slappable-face/page-4\

Some of the Boys fans advocate for Wilson, and thats nice to hear. Some of thier fans seem resonable and thoughtful, a few don't fit that bill.

"he(Wilson) is a running back that takes snaps and sometimes hands to another running back."

If you only watched the game this week vs Redskins, a conclusion of "one read and run" isn't farfetched. Most of his runs were pretty quick after the snap and not extensive scrambling in the pocket before running. And he got 120+ yards.

Even though they say they weren't I think the Monday game plan was exactly that. Those were mostly designed read options with him as the primary runner. I think because they knew they were on the national stage they would do that as much as they did to create ideas in the up coming game coordinators heads.

If the other teams have to game plan for that then the Hawks will do something different because everyone will be scheming to stop RW on the run. This is the chess match Pete is setting up. Also they knew that the REDSKINS crashed a lot on the ends they would take advantage of that until they stopped RW.

I am sure this is not the new MO of the Hawks only a way to get the league confused.

I totally understand that. There were some plays designed for him to run (because he clearly did no-reads). Other plays it looked like he ran pretty quickly after his first read. A lot of the time he scrambles and still looks poised to throw. The Redskins game I think the offensive strategy was to look for the first read, then look for the run, then improvise from there.

I also agree with previous poster about replacing Wilson with Kaep and it looks like a 49ers post. Because the game did remind me of watching Kaep's play from the NFCCC game last year (btw, I think only five people have rushed for 100 yards since Pete's been coach, Kaep is one of them in the NFCC).

Ironically, when I watched the condensed game of the 49ers for week 5, Kaep looked like Russ: looked like he scrambled to throw and keep his reads open and used his run for yardage closer to a last resort

hawker84

Reaction score
Ya i saw this thread over there. Mild compared to "Denial Zone" threads about the same topic. Russ will keep doing what he does and folks will still proclaim he shouldn't be in the same catagory as Luck..

Unless you're a real NFL fan and keep up on all the teams, or a Seahawk fan obviously, you'll never fully appreciate what RW does week in and week out. For the last 2 1/4 years to boot.

HansGruber

Reaction score
rainger":mk7zp2nb said:
byau":mk7zp2nb said:
Sprfunk":mk7zp2nb said:

Mike Holmgren said that Jim Haslett has always run that pass defense, where defenders push to the outsides and leave the middle underneath zone open. I forgot the name he gave it, but he said that Seattle had obviously studied the film, seen the defensive tendencies and countered perfectly with the run plan executed by Wilson.

Warren Moon was on ESPN yesterday talking about the same thing. Said Wilson had watched film of the Washington defense through the long break, identified specific tendencies in Haslett's system, with DBs playing the underneath and intermediate zones along the sidelines, which is often really effective in stopping rollout passes, screens, and routes along the sidelines which is what Seattle tends to prefer. According to Moon, Wilson had approached Bevell and specifically asked for more responsibility in the run game, in order to take advantage of what he saw on film.

Both jive with each other and are very interesting. One thing is for sure, Seattle was ready for that defense and they played it perfectly. Teams in the future will definitely realize if you just roll out coverage to the flat, you're going to pay against Wilson. Warren Moon was waxing poetic about what that could mean for our offense later in the season, as teams are going to see that on film and be like, "Oh crap!"