Cut Ifedi, Pete did great

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1nkn9uhr said:
Ifedi seems to be far from the train wreck of last year. The last 3 games we have barely heard his name.

That's kind of how it works. A player can improve for games, months, even years, yet one screwup and everyone will jump on his ass again as if he never changed.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
If you told me when the season started that Ifedi could at least be servicable I'd have been elated so I'm not going to rip him for one false start. The timing sucked but the upgrade in his play has been simply huge

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. His mentions have been almost non existent. That's a sign of good things.

Seattle is better served if Ifedi starts to become effective. Even after a loss, the 'Seattle has the worst OL in the league' narrative feels completely misplaced. I don't actually believe that to be close to true right now. That's a huge improvement for this unit.

Seems they are on the right track and getting better. And in light of the last three games, it really seems to me that the struggles in Denver and in Chicago had more to do with Von Miller and Khalil Mack than it did our poor play. I'm of the opinion that this unit is significantly better than the 2016/2017 versions. This week was a really tough DL unit that I felt we owned more than the other way around.

Results aside, I'm considering the OL pretty much fixed at this point. Fluker and Sweezy were two additions that I really harbored no hope for coming in. But they've played so much better than I gave them credit for.

However I think their play is ancillary to their real value. For the first time in many years, I feel like this unit has that edge. One can almost feel it that they are actually starting to believe that they can dictate a game. In fact, this is probably the only unit on this team capable of taking that edge mantel from the departed LOB.

I think this unit will improve and become a focal point on our team identity before the season is over. While they won't be as great as the LOB, this team thrives when they have an edge to them. This unit is starting to become nasty. And it really feels like they're getting a real taste for it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3uv09of9 said:
seahawkfreak":3uv09of9 said:
hawkfan68":3uv09of9 said:
Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

God no, I saw him take Suh and Donald to the woodshed a couple of times.

Look at Davis' TD. Fluker drove Suh back and into the ground.

Sorry guys, I was trying to use sarcasm but it seems I failed. No one on the OL should be cut after this game. The Seahawks had their way with the Rams DL (arguably the best in the NFL). Much of that was due to the OL play. Fluker had a monster game.

Most of the Seahawk penalties were on the defensive side. I believe the offense only had about 3 penalties (two of which were on the last offensive drive). The defense on the other hand had an offsides, couple of PI, defensive holding, helmet to helmet, etc.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Re:Ifedi
My brother told me that he read that Duane Brown has been taking Ifedi to school, or so to speak. Seems to be paying off to a degree.

cheese22

Reaction score
Seanhawk":lgwnix5p said:
seahawkfreak":lgwnix5p said:
hawkfan68":lgwnix5p said:
Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

God no, I saw him take Suh and Donald to the woodshed a couple of times.

Look at Davis' TD. Fluker drove Suh back and into the ground.
He absolutely drove Suh backward and into the ground. The look on Sun's face as he watched the replay board was awesome. He seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder after that.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cyoplasm/status/1049531476163801088[/tweet]

This shows how well the line played. Not just Fluker.