Pete Is Officially Pissed Off

Jac

Reaction score
Has Pete really lost his touch and been left behind by younger coaches? I doubt it, but his DC has no clue and there are many player talent issues facing this team as it spirals down towards a 5 game losing streak.
There is good-to-great talent all over this roster. Pretty much every roster in this league has talent/position group issues (including the 49ers). Why can't Carroll and his coaching staff coach them up and scheme them into winning matchups against good teams? Unless Carroll is handed an All-Madden roster, his lack of results is just excused away.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don’t agree, thought his DC was problematic last season, this year he’s proven that he is way over his head as a DC. He will most likely be gone after the season as will several overpaid/underperforming defensive leaders.

Everyone assumes Pete has micro management of the D, but this D is not his baby this consistent mess is Hurrt’s horror. Pete has oversight and not direct control though from watching exchanges on the sideline between Pete and Hurrt. They are not on the same page. The D is the problem. The overpaid talent is not delivering on the back end they need to know their HC is unhappy with their play.

Jac

Reaction score
Don’t agree, thought his DC was problematic last season, this year he’s proven that he is way over his head as a DC. He will most likely be gone after the season as will several overpaid/underperforming defensive leaders.
And Carroll should be one of them. Hurtt is his hire in the first place.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s clear we disagree and that nothing I could say will change your mind. The repetitive comments from the Pete haters won’t cause much if any change, losing will and that’s happening, hence the PO’d head coach.

There will be lots of changes after the season as it is clear guys are not playing to their contracts. The team has a complex ownership dynamic and Jody truly is hands off, they will change before long but I’d expect Pn’J to stay until their contracts are up.

Presently the D is broken. Despite the talent here which is considerable. The O is working and will improve with a better running game, think we can do better than Geno who seems sadly to be reverting back to backup level. He’s passably acceptable but seems not to have that royal jelly. I like the direction of the O coaching, but watching this is hard to do.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
I have been a "glass half full" with this team my entire life. My glass has finally broken. I can't stand the leadership of this team any more (from Jody Allen all the way down). I want wholesale change. This team needs fresh blood and a fresh set of eyes. The silver lining in all this is that Allen is eventually going to be forced to sell this team, and Carroll is so old he'll naturally age out at some point any way.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If one player is not getting it? It's the player.

If many players aren't getting it? That's your fault as coaches.
Listening to KJ Wright saying that what stands out the most to him, was the lack of Player Communications.
He said the silence between the Players was most to blame...Lack of communication would explain players being out of position from one another.
Poor assignment executions is on the players....Poor coverage scheming IS on the Coaches.
This is not an Either-Or problem.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, players walking away when one of their leaders is getting blasted in the head. Whatever happened to guys willing to fight for teammates?
This team needs it's swag back. Stop backing down, start being the aggressor. Anyone else sick of seeing them get pushed around? I sure am.
Imagine this happening to one of our WR's during the LOB days. Warner would be broken in half.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Also, players walking away when one of their leaders is getting blasted in the head. Whatever happened to guys willing to fight for teammates?
This team needs it's swag back. Stop backing down, start being the aggressor. Anyone else sick of seeing them get pushed around? I sure am.
KJ's exact sentiments. ^ The 'Chanting' "Who's Got My Back, I Got Your Back" something we haven't seen or heard for a hell of a long time now
DK gets his head pushed to the ground, and then catches hell by both Ref's & Seahawks fans alike for retaliating.
Grabbing the guys facemask was an impetuous & dumb move....The League has his every move under scrutiny, and are ignoring the players who are purposely targeting/triggering him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Listening to KJ Wright saying that what stands out the most to him, was the lack of Player Communications.
He said the silence between the Players was most to blame...Lack of communication would explain players being out of position from one another.
Poor assignment executions is on the players....Poor coverage scheming IS on the Coaches.

Again, if your players are still screwing up on the weekly in week 14, many who've played together multiple years together?

Nah, that isn't communication. That's an excuse for the real reason they're continually getting burned and cooked by better players, better coaches and better schemes.

Btw, Pete is also responsible for acquiring these players who somehow can't "communicate."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think this is the lowest point of Carroll's tenure here. Perhaps the end of 49 is lower, but at least with that, at the time, it felt like we still had a great team to build with moving forward.

What we got now is a roster full of satisfied, paid athletes. That NEVER relates to winning, at least not up here in the PNW where people forget about us.

We need young, hungry, angry unproven guys that want to come in and play hard, play nasty, because they feel disrespected. Adams, Diggs, I'm looking at those two first. Both paid, both half assing it out there. That s*** sends the wrong message to our young guys. Honestly I'd start there first.

That's what I loved about Pete when he first got here. He didn't give a rip what the guy was getting paid. He got rid of TJ H... for being paid and satisfied. He got rid of those old paid guys that were only going through the motions.

We paid Matt Flynn? Too bad, this rookie 3rd round pick is lighting it up. Lendale White? Goodbye.

Carroll and Schneider have both become complacent. They've become just as satisfied as these overpaid guys on the team right now. That's why I don't care what Carroll says now because he's had time and opportunities to fix it but hasn't. It's just lip service for the media.
Wow. Well said.

Seriously.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Many here called it back then.

First, Bevell throws Lockette under the bus in the post-game presser. Instead of supporting Lockett (by saying "we could have used our personnel better" or something) he says nothing and supports Bevell 100%. That call was not just a fireable offense, it was egregious enough (at least in widespread perception) to create a mandatory firing situation.

PC basically said **** YOU to the players (and proved he didn't have their backs) and fans and stood by Bevell.

When player/coach relations went to shit, PC dumped HOF-level players to coddle his incompetent coaches. At that point, many here said this team with PC was dysfunctional and would never be great again. They have been proven righr.

That's how the SB team was created. Somewhere along the way, "Always Compete" became "I have my guys and I'm going to stick with them instead of being publicly embarrassed by having to admit I threw away draft capital and $$$ on players who suck. I have no clue how to build a Line or a Defense, but if I just pull from the future every single year I can at least beat the really bad teams and stay around. 500".

Unfortunately for PC, the regression is reaching its end stage. Even with a boatload of extra.draft capital and a complete mortgage of future cap, his philosophy has finally produced this team.

Aaaaah. Those were the days.

100%. The fish rots from the head.
Jesus. A second excellent reply in the thread.

Well said.

LTH

Reaction score
Messaging indicates changes are coming. There might be some very real benchings coming up.

Pete hasn't been backed into a corner like this yet. He's going to try to punch is way out, which should've been more predictable given everything we know about how his mind operates.

I was just wondering if you looked at the tape of the play Jamal got beat by Debow?

I watched that play about 10 times and what I saw was the issue was recognition of what was happening.

It looked to me like by the time Adams figured out what was happening, Debo was past him. It wasn't a physical issue... it was recognition.

So I can kind of see why Pete was frustrated. Especially if they had practiced that play and Jamal had it during practice and it sounds to me like adams just blew it during the game.

So it becomes an issue that if Carroll is seeing good things in practice and it's not caring over to the game then where does the responsibility fall? Interesting?

Might be the sole reason why Carroll called him out publically... I mean it's not like Adams doesn't have a monster ego and at this point I'm wondering if Adams is a distraction in the locker room.

Clearly in my mind for Carroll to call shit out publically means that the locket room isn't doing it for some reason I mean where is the leadership?

I'm just wondering what your thought are on this

LTH

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This my friend is supposed to come from the well paid leaders of the D who are not save Bobby actually leading. Diggs has become invisible compared to last year when he was a vocal presence, Adams is now slow, and lately lazy tackling at times, and not the player he was when he got here; not sure where his head is at present. Love disappears for long stretches.

Something is wrong with Woolen this year. The injuries elsewhere have been devastating to the leadership, Nwosu in particular. Without Bobby and occasionally Brooks and at times our rookie phenom Witherspoon the D is not connecting at all well.

Hurrt has shown he truly is over his head and not able to adjust to meet situation he actually knows he’ll face or is not showing his troops the way to accomplish what the team needs. I suspect he won’t get canned until the season is over, but he is not working with Pete or is failing totally to accomplish his job of coordinating the D.

It is no wonder Pete is PO’d.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
I was just wondering if you looked at the tape of the play Jamal got beat by Debow?

I watched that play about 10 times and what I saw was the issue was recognition of what was happening.

It looked to me like by the time Adams figured out what was happening, Debo was past him. It wasn't a physical issue... it was recognition.

So I can kind of see why Pete was frustrated. Especially if they had practiced that play and Jamal had it during practice and it sounds to me like adams just blew it during the game.

So it becomes an issue that if Carroll is seeing good things in practice and it's not caring over to the game then where does the responsibility fall? Interesting?

Might be the sole reason why Carroll called him out publically... I mean it's not like Adams doesn't have a monster ego and at this point I'm wondering if Adams is a distraction in the locker room.

Clearly in my mind for Carroll to call shit out publically means that the locket room isn't doing it for some reason I mean where is the leadership?

I'm just wondering what your thought are on this

LTH
Adams made a mistake. The only problem is he keeps making so many stupid mistakes over and over.

Even worse, his body language says "Oh, well. No biggie" instead of "Dammit, I f'd up. Sorry guys, I'll get better". It also says "I don't give a f. I got paid. Trying hard is just risking injury and my NEXT payday".

If we've all seen it, so have all the players. Since he's had no repercussions (benching) some of the other players start to emulate him. "Its all about $$$".

If we've all seen this for a long time, from Adams and other "leaders", how is it possible that PC was oblivious? He wasn't. He just doesn't have the tools to deal with it. PC is awesome as long as everything fits his preferred style. When it doesn't? He sucks.

LTH

Reaction score
If we've all seen this for a long time, from Adams and other "leaders", how is it possible that PC was oblivious? He wasn't. He just doesn't have the tools to deal with it. PC is awesome as long as everything fits his preferred style. When it doesn't? He sucks.
The problem I have with that is We really dont know what is happening. In years past Pete is patient and lets the locker room take care of it and that is usually a good thing. But my concern is why isnt the locker room taking care of it? Is their a lack of leadership? I mean you know who Bobby is... where is Diggs? He is the leader of that room. Listening to KJ their is a problem with leadership.

so then the question is how much tolerance does Pete have? It looks like his patience has run out is it to late? Let's see how they respond.

I think we have an idea of what's going on but I don't think we have enough information to understand the whole picture. Maybe I'm wrong... I don't know but the one thing I do know is we will find out soon enough..

LTH

James in PA

Reaction score
How many more defensive coordinators are we gonna go through?! No experienced coordinator with a good track record is EVER going to come here and bow to Pete and his outdated approach. That's why we ended up with Hurtt. It'll just be another unproven, inexperienced stiff who tells Pete exactly what we wants to hear during the interview. So sick of this crap. Then, of course, that guy will suck and we'll hear, "it was his first year, and we were trying to implement some new stuff...blah, blah, blah." It's a never-ending bag of excuses.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I really feel Pete should have done this after the Thanksgiving day game. It's good he did it and I hope we do bench some players. However it maybe too late. Now if we win out and end up in the playoffs then anything can happen if they get hot.

Fade

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how, Wilson is the devil for having the audacity to complain about his protection with no names, publicly on the Dan Patrick show? (Which he shouldn't have done.)

But at the same time be okay with Pete throwing the defense under the bus, and drop specific names?

I imagine current players on the Seahawks, will not trust Pete going forward. And will find it hard to listen to anything he has to say at this point. (They've tuned him out already.)

People championing airing out dirty laundry in public, never played on a team of any significance. It's about to get uglier before it gets better.

Pete's reasoning for doing this, appears to be a pathetic attempt at trying to shovel the blame off him, and on to the players.

The players he picked and wanted for his defense.

Jim Mora at least could say they weren't his guys when he did it. Pete's going out sad.

evergreen

Reaction score
Mentions Adams after the shit Adams said after he had a meeting with Carroll. Adams time here is soon to be done.

Did you guys reckon he said “YIKES” during the game when he saw Adams allow that TD to Samuel?
That's what I said.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Too little too late. This has been an ongoing issue for the past five seasons.

Now you want to act tough to the media so fans back you? No.

Don't fall for it guys. It's the same old lip service. He's just trying to save face right now and protect his legacy. If he really cared, this would've been fixed YEARS ago.

This is actually pretty unprecedented. Pete's a notoriously player-protective coach and never calls out players or tosses them under the bus publicly. For him to be doing this is an eye-opener. Change of pace, and quite needed.

I know, I know, I'm a Pete-lover and a shill. Whatever makes y'all feel better.