D.K!!!!!!!

toffee

Reaction score
Just for fun: If DK average 89 yards per game for the whole regular season, he will have 1,424 yards. Truly elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1q1d7m3s said:
No doubt, it's gonna' be fun to watch this kid develop as a receiver.

Couldn't agree more. He's playing with a chip on his shoulder, and a whole lotta skill to back it up. Not to mention, he's friggin' yuge!

TreeRon

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2hm7u984 said:
Definitely the best receiver in Seahawk blue today. Good thing too because Lockett was a non-factor except for one big play.

He was a non factor because he was being double teamed most of the game. The Bengals like everyone else figured he was the only receiving threat.
Once DK got going they had to lay off Lockett. When this happened Lockett got open and Wilson tossed him the ball.
The Steelers will be paying attention to DK so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. Maybe it'll be John Ursua time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Excellent defensive game plan by the Bengals. Double Lock all day long. Were it not for a rare drop, Lockett would have had arguably the two biggest receptions of the game.

That scramble, throw and catch to DK was incredible. The way DK used his body on that catch looked nothing like how a rookie would deal with that pass.

irfuben32

Reaction score
My favorite thing D.K did all day was immediately after the long reception he caught. Instead of celebrating his first big bomb in the NFL, he has the awareness of the clock to pop up and sprint the ball to the middle for the referee to get it placed for the next play. This tells me he is an intelligent team player who wants to win.

Torc

Reaction score
the one (very minor) knock I had on him was that on a couple of plays he came up looking ready to pick a fight. Once was on the PI, he looked ready to get in the DB's face about it even with the flag thrown. On another catch (might have been his first?) the DB gave him a little shove as they got up and he definitely reacted, although not enough to draw a flag or anything.

Not a big deal, and totally forgivable in a rookie in his first game, just something that opposing players will notice (*cough* Sherman) and attempt to take advantage of.

D

DomeHawk

TreeRon":2zzws0sf said:
hawkfan68":2zzws0sf said:
Definitely the best receiver in Seahawk blue today. Good thing too because Lockett was a non-factor except for one big play.

He was a non factor because he was being double teamed most of the game. The Bengals like everyone else figured he was the only receiving threat.
Once DK got going they had to lay off Lockett. When this happened Lockett got open and Wilson tossed him the ball.
The Steelers will be paying attention to DK so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. Maybe it'll be John Ursua time.

^^^^Absolutely correct, the Bengals game plan was to take away Lockett and Brown and force us to throw to the running backs or rookies. To some extent they succeeded, but DK made a couple of veteran-type catches, it was nice to see.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
irfuben32":2rj77y2t said:
My favorite thing D.K did all day was immediately after the long reception he caught. Instead of celebrating his first big bomb in the NFL, he has the awareness of the clock to pop up and sprint the ball to the middle for the referee to get it placed for the next play. This tells me he is an intelligent team player who wants to win.

+12

My thoughts exactly. I was really impressed by that. No showboating, he just came to play and contribute. Not what you typically see from a high profile rookie.

chris98251

Reaction score
Torc":2y4sup8t said:
the one (very minor) knock I had on him was that on a couple of plays he came up looking ready to pick a fight. Once was on the PI, he looked ready to get in the DB's face about it even with the flag thrown. On another catch (might have been his first?) the DB gave him a little shove as they got up and he definitely reacted, although not enough to draw a flag or anything.

Not a big deal, and totally forgivable in a rookie in his first game, just something that opposing players will notice (*cough* Sherman) and attempt to take advantage of.

Not worried at all, his first game as a rookie he was going to get a lot of talk from the DB's and all he did was come up when he needed to and make a play.

Maintaining his composure when you know he was getting a lot of trash talk was a good sign.

JimmyG

Reaction score
DK was a beast yesterday. A lot of fun to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure didn't look like a rookie to me. Especially after that huge catch and knowing to run over to the ref to get him the ball. Many rookies would be celebrating, flexing their muscles, doing the me me me thing etc.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I will be reserved on my giddiness over him. One game.

You can’t help but see the promise he brings though. I agree the game awareness was very comforting. He is a bright spot to anticipate.

Wartooth

Reaction score
The pacifier mouth piece was a unique touch! X3xr5vqu6hl31

HawkGA

Reaction score
Biggest thing that held him back was the craptastic offense.