D.K!!!!!!!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
By doing things like recognising the scramble drill and adjusting his route, and going up in traffic he's showing promise to be more than "just a guy who runs go routes"

sutz

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":z4bozpc0 said:
By doing things like recognising the scramble drill and adjusting his route, and going up in traffic he's showing promise to be more than "just a guy who runs go routes"
I always had the impression from reading scouting reports that that aspect of DK's game was vastly overstated.

College football is famous for finding something that works and running it over and over. DK had great speed, so he ran a lot of go routes, the kind that make the highlight reels. Meanwhile the very few times he ran other branches of the route tree were overlooked.

Can't wait to see his growth as a WR.

toffee

Reaction score
looking like DK and Lockett are here to stay, that puts a lot of competition on that third starting WR. My money on Ursua, if he could function as slot, he is way cheaper than Brown.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is working about as well as it could.

DK is infectious. A hard working, high character guy that drips swagger. When he walked up to his debut in a Largent jersey... my god. This guy has it.

I still worry about his durability, but I'm not afraid to say that I was probably pretty dang wrong about this guy. He feels like a cornerstone Seahawk, 100%. It's going to be amazing to watch him grow with Russ and Lockett.

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2k2bpli8 said:
Fade":2k2bpli8 said:
Metcalf is the truth.

He is a problem for defenses, and teams will have to roll coverage, or they will pay.
89 yards, PI still got open, the guy also got Lockett open on his TD. Our MVP on offense today.

If defense were to double on Lockett and Metcalf, who will be that third WR to do the punishing?

McGruff

Reaction score
toffee":3mn1jd9h said:
Spin Doctor":3mn1jd9h said:
Fade":3mn1jd9h said:
Metcalf is the truth.

He is a problem for defenses, and teams will have to roll coverage, or they will pay.
89 yards, PI still got open, the guy also got Lockett open on his TD. Our MVP on offense today.

If defense were to double on Lockett and Metcalf, who will be that third WR to do the punishing?

Dissley

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":sh0n3gmu said:
toffee":sh0n3gmu said:
Spin Doctor":sh0n3gmu said:
Fade":sh0n3gmu said:
Metcalf is the truth.

Dissley
And Ursua.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
toffee":1tb78rts said:
Spin Doctor":1tb78rts said:
Fade":1tb78rts said:
Metcalf is the truth.

If a team actually tried to double two players consistently, a tackling dummy could put up
100 yards as the third.