Walter Football 5-round mock draft.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yes, it's that time of the year again. There are many mock drafts out there but very few go past the first round.

Will Anderson, DE/OLB, Alabama
Alabama

It's amazing that at No. 5, the Seahawks could end up with the top prospect in this class. With the Panthers moving up to No. 1, we now know for sure that the top two picks will be a quarterback. If the Cardinals trade the third choice, there will be four quarterbacks gone after four picks, leaving the Seahawks with Will Anderson, who will provide a huge boost to their pass rush.

Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
The Seahawks need to continue to add to their defensive line. They had the 10th-worst pressure rate in the NFL. Calijah Kancey is a terrific athlete with huge upside, but he's raw at the moment.

Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
Tennessee

The Seahawks don't have much at receiver beyond D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. Making matters worse, Lockett will regress soon now that he's in his 30s.Jalin Hyatt had a great season with lots of big plays for Tennessee.

Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
Iowa

The Seahawks love using multiple-tight end sets, so they could draft a player at the position on Day 2. Sam LaPorta is a bit short for his position, but could be a quality receiving threat.

Jaylon Jones, CB, Texas A&M
Texas A&M

The Seahawks could stand to add another mid-round talented cornerback to their secondary.Jaylon Jones is an instinctive cornerback with good speed and athleticism.

Jaren Hall, QB, BYU
BYU

Geno Smith had a great comeback story, but the Seahawks need a viable starting quarterback for the long term.

Jaren Hall is a rushing threat who has a quality arm.

Alex Forsyth, C, Oregon
Oregon

The Seahawks signed Evan Brown to play center, but they may want someone to compete with him.

Alex Forsyth was solid in run blocking and pass protection last year at Oregon.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't like that they didn't address the interior OL until the last round, but other than that, it would be a dream to leave the first few days with that haul. Anderson and Cancey in the first? We could select long snappers with the rest of our picks and I'd still consider it a success.

Last edited:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would be really really disappointed in that draft other than Will Anderson. Kancy is not Aaron Donald and will never be Aaron Donald. Hyatt is a one trick pony and didn't even start on his own college team until Cedric Tillman was hurt. If this is how it turned out I would be really really bummed.

toffee

Reaction score
Under this draft, how will 3-4 defense front line up? Jones-Kancey-Anderson? This draft ignored our need at NT, at this moment we only have an injured Mone on roster. Wouldn't Kancey be too small for NT?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I would be really really disappointed in that draft other than Will Anderson. Kancy is not Aaron Donald and will never be Aaron Donald. Hyatt is a one trick pony and didn't even start on his own college team until Cedric Tillman was hurt. If this is how it turned out I would be really really bummed.
Name one other DL who is Aaron Donald? None, not one even close in the NFL. Stop pretending we should get Donald at 20. If we get a above average DL at 20, that’s well worth the pick.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Name one other DL who is Aaron Donald? None, not one even close in the NFL. Stop pretending we should get Donald at 20. If we get a above average DL at 20, that’s well worth the pick.
I am not pretending that at all. I was pointing out the exact opposite. I think some have the idea he could turn into Aaron Donald or at least be an Aaron Donald lite.
He is extremely undersized and short armed for a D tackle. To the point its hard to find anyone at his size that succeeded in the NFL.
I really doubt the Seahawks would even be willing to draft him considering they value size and arm length a lot.
Just an FYI. His arms measure 30 5/8 inches which is very short for D lineman

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Not too sure about the TE and CB picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'd much prefer that they add LBs, RBs, or NTs with those picks.

But if we ended up with Anderson, Kancey, and Hyatt from the first 3 picks, I'd be quite happy. We'd still need a bigger nose tackle, but an up-front defence with Anderson, Jones, Reed, Nwosu, Kancey, Mafe, and Taylor (and sometimes a blitzing Jamal Adams), as well as some depth guys like Alton Robinson and Myles Adams, would give Pete a lot to play with in terms of flexibility and set options.

And we definitely need a WR3. I'd prefer Zay Flowers or JSN, but assuming neither lasts until the 37th pick, Hyatt would be decent.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Mid. Totally ignores ILBand goes OC way too low.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I am not pretending that at all. I was pointing out the exact opposite. I think some have the idea he could turn into Aaron Donald or at least be an Aaron Donald lite.
He is extremely undersized and short armed for a D tackle. To the point its hard to find anyone at his size that succeeded in the NFL.
I really doubt the Seahawks would even be willing to draft him considering they value size and arm length a lot.
Just an FYI. His arms measure 30 5/8 inches which is very short for D lineman
I think he can be better than what we have. A pro bowl caliber guy some years even. A solid guy up front. Which is far better than guys like Collier have been.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think he can be better than what we have. A pro bowl caliber guy some years even. A solid guy up front. Which is far better than guys like Collier have been.
I wonder if they might like a guy like Adetomiwa Adebawore more. He has amazing physical attributes and the frame type that succeeds in the NFL. Had 4.49 40, 1.61 10 yard split, 37.5 vertical jump, 10.5 broad jump, all at 6 foot 2 and 282 pounds with 34 inch arms and 10.5 inch hands. That kind of athleticism at that size is very rare.
He really showed out at the senior bowl too. Which the seahawks have heavily drafted players who stood out there in the past.
I would happily draft him at 20 or 38 but i don't know if he lasts to 38. Kinda doubtful.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
That applies to much of the WalterFootball mock. For some reason, they have us taking a lot of undersized guys.
Yeah, that's something I've noticed about a LOT of mock drafts...They focus on "team needs" instead of "team fits". It takes so little effort to pump out a mock draft when you're not focusing on whether the players will be a team fit or not. "Oh, this team needs a CB, this is the top CB prospect at that pick range, makes sense to me"

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Jalen Carter
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Luke Wypler
Daiyan Henley