Dan Quinn

bileever

Reaction score
Excellent point!! Not only that, it would give Carroll & Co. a *blueprint* for how to deal with that bulldozing 49er offense. Such a blueprint would inform the Hawks draft approach, and maybe change the approach a little. Not to mention steal the parts of the scheme Carroll thinks will transfer.

Off topic slightly, but I really miss Kam and the way he threw aside O-Linemen and smackdown-tackled running backs on toss plays. OK, on-topic, isn't there an "even-bigger" Kam-as-ceiling SS/LB hybrid people are talking about? Anyone got a link to his highlights?
Wasn't that SS/LB hybrid supposed to be a guy named, uh, I think it's Jamal something?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wasn't that SS/LB hybrid supposed to be a guy named, uh, I think it's Jamal something?
I think it might be this guy, a 6-4" 220 lb safety from Boise State, JL Skinner. I could be wrong and there's a similar guy, but I think this is the one.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
He was in Seattle from 09-10 and 13-14. And why would I think it? Oh, I don't know what Pete that has done screams he's a defensive guru.
PC Without the LoB the defenses been average at best to very well below average.
Quinn without the LoB Still had well above average Defenses. And being he was here from 09-10 I'm sure there was some hand in personnel. Just like 13-14. Oh And he adapted the scheme with the cowboys. Look how they dismantled Brady.
The same Brady and team that embarrassingly dismantled PC's defense.
Actually, Quinn left the Hawks and coached at Florida for 2011/2012. He returned as D coordinator in 2013

hawkfan68

Reaction score
One of the coaches on DQ's defensive staff is out of contract and is not being retained. This indirectly points to DQ as a very high possibility he will be offered a HC position with one of the teams currently in the market for one.
George Edwards is one of the coaches that is not being retained by the Cowboys. He was their LB and DE coach. Sounds like he had a lot to do with the development of Micah Parsons.

If I were PC/JS, I'd be on the phone checking if he'd be interested in coming to the Seahawks as a LB/DE coach. Two areas on defense that need major work.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
DQ is sticking with the Cowboys

Mase

Reaction score
-- Good for him. Perhaps he realized he enjoys coordinating and actually coaching, way more that babysitting owners. OR, and more likely, Jones has advised him to stay around for another year. If the team is great again he can pick a head coaching job, and if the team regresses, he can replace McCarthy.

Mase

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
-- Good for him. Perhaps he realized he enjoys coordinating and actually coaching, way more that babysitting owners. OR, and more likely, Jones has advised him to stay around for another year. If the team is great again he can pick a head coaching job, and if the team regresses, he can replace McCarthy.

Mase
Probably this

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Mase
I could also imagine that he's looking for the right situation.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Quinn changed. After his defense got figured out and he failed in ATL. One of the first things he put out there was he had to change his scheme because the old Pete Cover 3 didn't work anymore.

Quinn is such a good coach. I don't think people realize how damn good he is. He is going to do very well at his next stop.
I wish it was in Seattle.
So how did he change his defense and how far has he gone away from PC's defense? I'm lazy

Torc

Reaction score

Mase
I figure his two most likely options are to replace mccarthy in Dallas, or wait until Pete retires and push hard for the job here. Neither of those requires going to a franchise that is at rock bottom and rebuilding.

Latest posts