Danny O'Neill- Pete Carroll injury code

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I remember last season Danny O'Neill did an article that basically deciphered Carroll's optimism and gave a more accurate report of where players are at with injuries based on his comments.

Does anyone have a link to it?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Not that one, but here's one for this year:
Looks like they call it the "Pete Parser".

Source: https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1144506/ ... t-collier/
Question: What’s the timeline for Darrell Taylor, the defensive end the Seahawks drafted out of Tennessee in the third round?
What Carroll said: “Darrell is, uh, he hasn’t run yet. We haven’t even let him run yet. We’re really taking care of him, and making that sure that when he gets back, he stays back. .. blah, blah... So we’re really excited to see him back, but we’ve just go to wait it out and be patient. It’s going to be a bit, just to insure that.”

What Carroll meant: Yeah, I’m not expecting him to be out here practicing this month, which is only a couple more weeks if we’re being honest. You remember that surgery he had back in January? The one in which a rod was put into his leg to deal with the stress fracture he played through at Tennessee? Well, there was something else done in terms of treatment that I’d rather not get into so I’ll just say “procedure” and move along. He’s on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list right now, and he’s probably still going to be there when he trim the roster down to 53 players, which mean’s he’ll miss at least the first six weeks of the regular season.

Latest posts