Darius Robinson

Chawker

Reaction score
Darius Robinson DE Missouri 6'5" 285 4.95 40

Robinson has been listed as a DT5 and has played only one year as a DE his performance is amazing. If you get a chance to watch his tape its worth watching. I think he would fit into our new style of Mac's defense.

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm seeing both Robinson and Fiske moving up into round one come draft day. I think Robinson would be a home run selection for Macs new defense scheme.

Cheers

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I've been doing my due diligence combing though videos on Robinson and if John and Mac aren't salvating over this kid, there something wrong with them. Potential superstar at the NFL level. Will Robinson get 10 sack in a year, maybe, but he plays the run to.

If you watch the Ohio st. game, Robinson gets shut out in the first half, then in the second half he figures out whats going on and adapts.

Robinson plays with alot of power and his hand useage is a thing of beauty. For only play the position for only one year his work and attitude is off the charts. Quick off on ball and excellent hips and long powerful arms.

Please draft this kid, he'll be a monster.

CactusJack

Reaction score
He ran a slower time. I think he's a day two guy. Solid in the right scheme (5/4i). But he won't jump off the screen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
He sure was slow,slowest time in the 40 for a edge guy. Yet he ran a 4.79 40 at 285 lbs. Not to bad ! And he can slide inside to DT on passing downs. I'd still draft him, that what we need on defense. Have you seen his interview ? Mac would love to coach this kid.

Cheers

CactusJack

Reaction score
He sure was slow,slowest time in the 40 for a edge guy. Yet he ran a 4.79 40 at 285 lbs. Not to bad ! And he can slide inside to DT on passing downs. I'd still draft him, that what we need on defense. Have you seen his interview ? Mac would love to coach this kid.

Cheers
He ran in the 4.9's (4.95) at the combine. Slow should be his middle name.

He'll probably get taken somewhere in the 2nd round. Taking him any higher would be a reach.

“He’s still learning to play and kind of reminds me of Keion White (Patriots second-round pick in 2023) with his traits and what he could become.” - NFC scouting director

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, that is from NFL.Com probably when he was playing DT at 304 lbs

Now I'm telling you go look at the combine stats, where it shows him running a 4.79 40 @ 285 lbs.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Ok, that is from NFL.Com probably when he was playing DT at 304 lbs

Now I'm telling you go look at the combine stats, where it shows him running a 4.79 40 @ 285 lbs.
You got the numbers mixed up. He ran an official 4.95 at the combine. There's video of it in the link.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok jack, i went back and check it. I stand corrected it listed him at 95

Yet they had him list as a "edge" at 79. But no edges are now listed on the site. Weird !

Chevy

Reaction score
I like him, but not until the 2nd round. He is not a proven pass rusher after 5 years of college football. He is great against the run, but not a disruptive pass rusher. I don't think he is a second contract type of player for JS and Robinson would probably not be resigned by us after his rookie contract.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I agree with Chevy for the most part. Robinson would be a really underwhelming pick in the 1st round. He may fit what they're ultimately looking for in a DE. But his ceiling wouldn't entice me enough to take him that early.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Robinson is developing as a passrusher hes been at it for one year now. What he does do is stop the run, if Mac wants a wall, draft him as a DE in a 3-4 and watch him and Morris grow together.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really for me I could give 2 shits about 40 times for DE's and DT's, I want to see their 10 yard burst and agility ability, not sure I see too many 330 pound DT's running down the sidelines chasing WR's.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Mel Kiper thinks Darius Robinson is the fastest rising prospect saying he could become a top ten pick.

Check out his body, the kid is ripped! Mac's wall starts with him, at 16.

Ok, its official this is my selection for the draft.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I like him, but not until the 2nd round. He is not a proven pass rusher after 5 years of college football. He is great against the run, but not a disruptive pass rusher. I don't think he is a second contract type of player for JS and Robinson would probably not be resigned by us after his rookie contract.
Robinson has played DE 1 year, they moved him from NT, he also played offensive TE ,playing both ways at mizzu. So his pass rush numbers are down due to playing NT. The kid is a beast ! Potential all pro by the time his rookie deal is done, with the right team, like the Seahawks.

Cheers