Darrell Bevell drawing interest from Colts

replicant

Reaction score
I believe I heard yesterday Michael Robinson suggesting Bevell would be a good fit at OC for the Eagles.

chris98251

Reaction score
That sound or lack of is the amount of offers Bevell has had so far, they are kicking the door closed every time he comes in for a interview.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I've been saying this for years. Neener neener. The dude is just not a good OC, and we were winning despite him not because of him. Our only good plays were ones that didn't work out so RW and the WRs improvised. There were a few that actually did work as designed, but on average it was less than 1 per game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":5r6yjy2q said:
I've been saying this for years. Neener neener. The dude is just not a good OC, and we were winning despite him not because of him. Our only good plays were ones that didn't work out so RW and the WRs improvised. There were a few that actually did work as designed, but on average it was less than 1 per game.

Perspective....maybe they did work.....for the other team. In THAT case....they were well designed.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was not a fan of Bevell as the OC, though I did start to come around to the notion that Cable was the big problem. Not sad to see both of them go. But I don't understand people reveling in him not getting another job. That's just an unnecessary level of spite.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":3ifstqxx said:
I was not a fan of Bevell as the OC, though I did start to come around to the notion that Cable was the big problem. Not sad to see both of them go. But I don't understand people reveling in him not getting another job. That's just an unnecessary level of spite.
Call me a Johnny McJerkface but they guy cost my team a championship, so yes, I will revel in his unemployment for his given position as an OC in the NFL. Obviously he wasn’t good at his job or he would have gotten an OC position in the NFL by now as there WERE numerous openings.

Call it unnecessary and spiteful??? I can live with that, and I think I’m being actually far to kind in my remarks about him.
He more than earned his firing (3 years after the fact) with the “2nd and wrong” in XLIX and then took zero responsibility for such a crap play call, and then threw his players under the bus. If I was the owner then he wouldn’t have been on the return flight home, after he was canned on the spot.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2348ockx said:
HawkGA":2348ockx said:
Call me a Johnny McJerkface but they guy cost my team a championship, so yes, I will revel in his unemployment for his given position as an OC in the NFL. Obviously he wasn’t good at his job or he would have gotten an OC position in the NFL by now as there WERE numerous openings.

Call it unnecessary and spiteful??? I can live with that, and I think I’m being actually far to kind in my remarks about him.
He more than earned his firing (3 years after the fact) with the “2nd and wrong” in XLIX and then took zero responsibility for such a crap play call, and then threw his players under the bus. If I was the owner then he wouldn’t have been on the return flight home, after he was canned on the spot.

It makes sense to be happy about his firing. It's the elation at his continued unemployment that gets him. Heck, I wouldn't seeing him on a team in the NFC West precisely because he was bad, just like I would love to see Fisher coach again go own the most losses record!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":3j1q2pi4 said:
Sports Hernia":3j1q2pi4 said:
HawkGA":3j1q2pi4 said:

It makes sense to be happy about his firing. It's the elation at his continued unemployment that gets him. Heck, I wouldn't seeing him on a team in the NFC West precisely because he was bad, just like I would love to see Fisher coach again go own the most losses record!
Well, yeah, there are exceptions to every rule. I would LOVE for him to be an OC for a rival or team I hate.