Darren Woodson: Earl Thomas is the best safety in the NFL

pehawk

Reaction score
Lil trivia; the first NFL game ever called by a woman was Hawks at Chiefs. I want to say Gayle Gardner was her name? I could google it, but that's a cop-out.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":19x1y4o8 said:
Lil trivia; the first NFL game ever called by a woman was Hawks at Chiefs. I want to say Gayle Gardner was her name? I could google it, but that's a cop-out.

This is exactly why I hate when women post on this board. Too lazy to even do their own research.

p.s. you were half right. Her name was Gayle Sierens. (I cheated and looked it up)

pehawk

Reaction score
What year? Maybe 89?

Half right? Not bad for a man who used LSD for food through High School and Crack through the "college years"

Now, Jseahawks, you need to flex your gray matter. What was the lead number from "Newsies"?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
1987. Not only was it the first, but its also still the only NFL game called by a woman.

Btw, you weren't too far off with Gayle Gardner, according to Wikipedia she was the first female sports anchor to appear weekly on a major network.

And I have no idea what your last sentence means.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":qrkelf72 said:
And I have no idea what your last sentence means.

I dont believe you.

Oh, and Earl is not only the best Safety in the NFL, he's the best of his era, IMO. He'll be a Lott, Easley, Atwater, Reed, Lynch type guy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The real question is YOU as a listener / watcher of the program can mentally listen to a female voice and accept the fact that she is as good.
That's why the indecision of the post the only game I have seen it was the KC/Sea preseason game but I didn't note it much because it's preseason. Not sure what to think because I am used to male voices as play by play announcers except in women's sports like soccer or the WNBA etc.

Oh yeah Earl is one underappreciated FS give him time and he may turn out to be one of the best ever. He is so young and is nowhere near his ceiling.

dunceface

Reaction score
ETIII! ETIII! ETIII!

I think that pick six against the Bills (when he was winding all over the place) was one of the prettiest I've ever seen!

Sac

Reaction score
I think all of the LOB are equally important for different reasons.

Oh, you're on BBs side? Prepare to get mauled and beat up.

Oh, you're on Sherms side? Prepare to get shut down and possibly embarrassed.

Oh, you want to run an underneath route? Prepare for Kam to de-cleat you.

Oh, you want to try and go over the top? I guess you didn't know that Earl Thomas is EVERYWHERE.

Gwahahahahahahahahahaha

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":fpfq6o83 said:
I think all of the LOB are equally important for different reasons.

Oh, you're on BBs side? Prepare to get mauled and beat up.

Oh, you're on Sherms side? Prepare to get shut down and possibly embarrassed.

Oh, you want to run an underneath route? Prepare for Kam to de-cleat you.

Oh, you want to try and go over the top? I guess you didn't know that Earl Thomas is EVERYWHERE.

Gwahahahahahahahahahaha

It's so so true and well-stated. I often wonder about the 'pick your poison phenomenon other teams face. Take your chances against one pair (corner/safety) or the other. Pain AND speed. It's beautiful, man!

Subzero717

Reaction score
I agree with Sac. Not to call Sherm a product of the system or anything but I think its a group thing. The groups most important piece IMO are the safety tandom and mostly Earl. I think how well we played during Brandons suspension is a testament to that more than an indictment on himself.

bobk3333

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is the best free safety of his generation. He will be in the NFL hall-of-fame.

He is the leader and backbone of the Seahawk defense.

I have said for a while now that I would not trade Earl Thomas for any other defensive player in the world.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Kenny Vaccaro looks legit. A lot of Earl Thomas in him in what looks to be a bigger frame.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That chick is hot! Her left eye looks a little whack, but that turns me on for some reason :twisted:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jiggy":yemkte23 said:
Sturm":yemkte23 said:
They need to get rid of these dumb girls. Just like I don't talk to my girlfriend about football, I don't wanna hear about football from a chick on ESPN either.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

I think the proper term is "peed." Or is that spelled "peeed?"