Dave Canales

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I always thought PC would've promoted him to OC eventually, but it obviously never happened. I was happy to see him finally get the chance that he deserved to take control of an offense and show the league what he can do. Now that he has, he's a HC candidate, awesome for him!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Let me paint a picture for you.

Pete Carroll brings Canales with him to Seattle in 2010. Canales, a WR/DB as a player, coaches the WRs until 2017. Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Sidney Rice, BMW's resurgent 2010... lot of good receivers in his time coaching them. Moves to QB coach in 2018/2019, which just happen to be two of Russell's most efficient years in his career and make him the highest paid player in the world. Moves to passing game coordinator just in time for Let Russ Cook. Moves back to focus solely on QB in 2022, and I don't have to tell you what Geno does in 2022.

Gets his first OC role under a defensive head coach, takes on playcalling duties. What does he do?

Oh, you know, just revives Baker Mayfield from the brink of career death after Baker shits it up elsewhere, including in LA under McVay.

It's Canales. You've got a guy who can maximize your bargain quarterback, develop a rookie, and has proven to be an adept playcaller. You've got a guy who has been through it all here, and proved he can do amazing away from here too. You've got a guy who'll likely mesh with Schneider.

I know they're not going to do it, but damn it, it really feels like they should.
The fact that there's multiple avenues of huge opportunity for the Hawks makes this so exciting...

Scout

Reaction score
Canales took over an offense with a lot of question marks and turned it into a unit that can compete with anyone when they show up to play.

That first regular season game against The Vikings and Flores' defensive unit was a master class on how to handle cover 0. Canales had the right answer of sticking with the run, screens and quick passes.

Ironically the Eagles in last night's MNF game chose to go spread which was easy pickings for the Bucs defense when they went cover 0 in some looks.

Having an offense that is balanced and can go from run heavy or pass heavy depending on game plan makes it harder for teams to shut you down. If the Bucs had better talent on the inside their running game would be miles better.

getnasty

Reaction score
Baker is a UFA. Think he'd come along for 10M? He only made 6M last year, his 1st FA year. Swap Baker for Geno and save 13M or so - i could go for that.
You might be able to get Baker for the 23 million your going to pay Geno but even that might be a bargain.

Latest posts