davidonmi WINS first. Natethegreat WINS second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
So. For the first time in my 6 years of playing this, the rule is activated.

None of you are out, you all live to pick again next week. And, after that it goes to the play-off rules.

Good luck to you all! :irishdrinkers:

eta: oh, right. Merry Christmas! Based on my join date, I post a lot about football while Santas coming around. :179417:

davidonmi

Reaction score
Damnit
So much for my perfect season. At least my top 2 choices la and SD both lost.

You can take me off the chart at this point I think. Thanks again for a fun game

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
davidonmi":2ge59h3r said:
Damnit
So much for my perfect season. At least my top 2 choices la and SD both lost.

You can take me off the chart at this point I think. Thanks again for a fun game

You came so close!!!

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":3c7l6ci9 said:
I can't believe we all lost last week. That's funny. I'll take Denver please.

It is funny. Of all the insane places I've seen this game run - this board activated an unused rule.

Chart. btw, there is a cool prize for second place too.

Attachments

• Hawk 17.png
    Hawk 17.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 2,523
OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
So, mpc did not pick, so out.

Seattle, Tampa and Denver all won: so off you four go to pick in the play-offs. Good luck! :irishdrinkers:

To clarify: you still cannot pick any team you have picked this year.

Attachments

• Hawk Consolation 17.png
    Hawk Consolation 17.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,499

London12

Reaction score
What happens when you're out of teams that you haven't previously used? Are you done?

I can only go with Houston through the playoffs.. Can't see that being a winning strategy..

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
London12":3a3lcq73 said:
What happens when you're out of teams that you haven't previously used? Are you done?

I can only go with Houston through the playoffs.. Can't see that being a winning strategy..

You are done, unless all of your opponent's have the same problem -

Rules are in Post #2, but as a reminder: The game plays to a winner in both rounds. If we get to the play-offs and you have no play-off teams to pick, but your opponents(s) have them available, that counts as a loss for you. If we get to the play-offs and no one has any teams available to pick, we'll reset to the play-off teams. Your opponents are those in the same round as you.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
London12":18p0hb7a said:

I think you have two teams that you haven't picked, Houston and Miami. As it stands now, Nate has the best chance of winning because he left, what I assume was, his ultimate Superbowl match up prediction intact for the post season. KC vs Dal.

Possible picks left for each player barring activation of the reset rule

BSD - Giants and Packers (no additional divisional teams)
London - Texans and Dolphins (no additional divisional teams)
Nate - Giants and Texans (also Chiefs and Cowboys in divisional)
Rob - Packers (no additional divisional teams)

London12

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1j453vyh said:
London12":1j453vyh said:

I think you have two teams that you haven't picked, Houston and Miami. As it stands now, Nate has the best chance of winning because he left, what I assume was, his ultimate Superbowl match up prediction intact for the post season. KC vs Dal.

Very true! Thanks for pointing that out and thanks again Alice for the reminder. I didn't think this would still be going into the playoffs so didn't think that far ahead. Also even if I did win, I wouldn't like to accept any physical prize all the way over this side of the pond.

I'll continue with Houston though I think, Brock > Oakland's third string Surely?

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
London12":huoo9dav said:
bigskydoc":huoo9dav said:
London12":huoo9dav said:

Very true! Thanks for pointing that out and thanks again Alice for the reminder. I didn't think this would still be going into the playoffs so didn't think that far ahead. Also even if I did win, I wouldn't like to accept any physical prize all the way over this side of the pond.

I'll continue with Houston though I think, Brock > Oakland's third string Surely?

If you win, you get your prize even on the other side of the pond. I can always just wait until the next Rams game and mail it from London, you know. :D

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Here is what we have right now.

Attachments

• Hawk 18.png
    Hawk 18.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,476

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I want to take the Giants but strategically I'm better off picking Houston as they won't be winning another game should they win. However I would pick the Giants against Dallas should they win. So I'm better off leaving them for next week.
I really don't have much confidence in the Texans but the Raiders are starting a rookie QB, on the road, in the playoffs, and in his first game.
I'll go with Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts