davidonmi WINS first. Natethegreat WINS second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
London and Nate advance.

I kinda think Giants win tomorrow, but who knows.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
At this point, doesn't really matter if it's Giants or Packers. The Houston win eliminates Rob and me.

Barring a miracle from the Dolphins today, we will have a winner today.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
bigskydoc":324zmwa3 said:
At this point, doesn't really matter if it's Giants or Packers. The Houston win eliminates Rob and me.

Barring a miracle from the Dolphins today, we will have a winner today.

I was wondering this, but haven't had time to look it up.

So, if Steelers win - one player has no more picks is what I think you are saying.

----

This game doesn't normally get to the play-offs. I was wondering randomly if the players who do make it to the play-offs deserve to have the team picks re-set, or if it is part of the in season strategy to keep play-off teams for this exact scenario.

Because this year so many players picked against the Browns, we have a lot of play-off players left (not only this game).

First time I've wondered this. Comments welcome. I can re-set rules for next year.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Overall tho, a winner this week would be great!

And, it matches the rules laid out from the start - you need to keep play-off teams available in case you make it that far.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I like the rule of no playoff reset. It has a huge effect on the regular season picks, and Nate should be rewarded for the gamble of saving those teams until the playoffs. I waited too late to start saving some picks, and it will cost me.

If Pittsburgh and GreenBay win today, we will all survive until next week, but only Nate will have any teams left to choose from.

If Miami wins then Nate and London will have picks available next week.

Then again, if I read the rules right, if the survivor(s) with teams left pick a loser we all lose that week so perhaps we all survive until he picks a winner or runs out of teams.

Not sure how that works

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Glad I didn't pick Giants. Really thought their D would play better than that. Especially their D line.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
It depends on Montgomery and Nelsons status. If both are out I think I have to go with the boys.

London12

Reaction score
So Nate wins second place as the only guy with a team to pick? Pardon my slowness if I'm missing something..

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If I'm reading the rules correctly, Nate needs his pick to win this week to knock the rest of us off.

Rules state that if you have no team remaining to pick, that counts as a loss. So everyone but Nate is guaranteed a loss this week.

If his pick loses, we activate the "everyone loses in a given week" rule for the second time this season.

That means everyone survives for another week.

That happens every week until Nate either picks a winner, or runs out of teams.

If he runs out of teams, then we all have run out of teams and the game resets.

London12

Reaction score
Ah of course, you're right.

If you wouldn't mind losing a couple Nate, would appreciate it.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Lol yes Nate, do your worst. Congrats buddy. I'm with Bigskydoc on keeping the rule. I should have picked more strategically earlier on. Never thought I would have made it this far anyway. It was fun though. Thank you again Alice for putting this game together. Had a great time.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, all.

I don't normally fall out as early as I did this year. I do know that I make my picks with play-offs as a distant fact if it get that far, and it's part of the in season game.

So, we will keep the rules as they are.

That said, I need to go see what happened with you all. We might have a winner. I believe in setting up rules to follow, so let me see how the rules apply to this game now.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1jk1z3nv said:
If I'm reading the rules correctly, Nate needs his pick to win this week to knock the rest of us off.

Rules state that if you have no team remaining to pick, that counts as a loss. So everyone but Nate is guaranteed a loss this week.

If his pick loses, we activate the "everyone loses in a given week" rule for the second time this season.

That means everyone survives for another week.

That happens every week until Nate either picks a winner, or runs out of teams.

If he runs out of teams, then we all have run out of teams and the game resets.

Ok, the rules are pretty clear in my mind. I tried to state them as fact in Post #2, so that everyone is fairly playing by stated rules.

This post makes me wonder. We are going to follow whatever I stated as rules.

You little sweeties are requiring me to do like math or something. Good job. :179417:

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Nate wins.

All four of you picked a winning team this week, but Nate is the only one able to even choose a team this next week, he has both KC and Dallas available.

No one else even has a team left to pick.

To quote the rules in post #2:

If you make it to the play-offs and don’t have any play-off teams to pick, that is a loss.

So, since Nate is the only player left with a team to pick, he wins.

----

To clarify - no one else can even make a pick. Nate wins by simple strategy of having teams to pick.

I do see the concept of Nate picking a team and losing. But, in my reading of the rules, players with no team to pick are out.

:179417: :179417: :179417: to you all. Leave it to Hawk fans to make me think about the rules.

Loves! And, Congrats Nate.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":3qk2l38h said:
Nate wins.

All four of you picked a winning team this week, but Nate is the only one able to even choose a team this next week, he has both KC and Dallas available.

No one else even has a team left to pick.

To quote the rules in post #2:

If you make it to the play-offs and don’t have any play-off teams to pick, that is a loss.

So, since Nate is the only player left with a team to pick, he wins.

----

To clarify - no one else can even make a pick. Nate wins by simple strategy of having teams to pick.

I do see the concept of Nate picking a team and losing. But, in my reading of the rules, players with no team to pick are out.

:179417: :179417: :179417: to you all. Leave it to Hawk fans to make me think about the rules.

Loves! And, Congrats Nate.

We'll make you a Redhead yet with all the thinking :)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
OK.....we all want to know....what are the cool prizes? Curiosity is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts