davidonmi WINS first. Natethegreat WINS second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Missed that loser part lifeline..Hmm wonder if I'm good at that.I just may have to make it 2 weeks in a row.Who do you think I'm going to pick Alice? :lol:

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2i95kn2l said:
Missed that loser part lifeline..Hmm wonder if I'm good at that.I just may have to make it 2 weeks in a row.Who do you think I'm going to pick Alice? :lol:

Given your current track record this year, I think you should pick Seattle. :D

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hell, I think Austin just might be my good luck charm! Should I consult him before I pick for next week?

mikeak

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hk33heu said:
IndyHawk":2hk33heu said:

Given your current track record this year, I think you should pick Seattle. :D

HEY - I see what you did there!!!

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":1v3fz5ph said:
Hell, I think Austin just might be my good luck charm! Should I consult him before I pick for next week?

Wait, who is copying who?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep I'll go for Carolina week 2 from the losers bracket sweepstakes. :(
Maybe the reverse jinx will work again?

Barakas

Reaction score
*sigh* second year in a row that I'm out after the first week....thank god I don't gamble with real money!!!

Stupid Rams....

Now watch them beat us next week by 11 pts...*sigh* :(

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Barakas":t04225uf said:
*sigh* second year in a row that I'm out after the first week....thank god I don't gamble with real money!!!

Stupid Rams....

Now watch them beat us next week by 11 pts...*sigh* :(

Kinda your fault for picking them actually. I've never won a game where I picked the Rams. I didn't mention that in the rules though. :D

I also never pick against them. I'd rather lose a game than root for them to lose.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Also member: you are not out.

You are now in the Consolation Round and can still win that. Keep picking.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Charts for the week are updated and posted.

In fairness, Rams are playing at home next week and I will be in LA to see them, so I will not be as attentive.

I will update the chart during the week and on Friday. Then I will update for the final of week 2 when I am home on Monday. All posts made in this thread stand as your picks.

Good luck to all on week 2 picks!

Also member, no one is out yet. The Consolation Round plays to a winner.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
davidonmi":38gmi8ey said:
week 2 pick: carolina over SF.
too good to pass up
I think you should wait to pick the great teams. You want as many available as possible later in the year when you've already lost one. Just my humble opinion.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3qbw2box said:
5_Golden_Rings":3qbw2box said:
davidonmi":3qbw2box said:
week 2 pick: carolina over SF.
too good to pass up
I think you should wait to pick the great teams. You want as many available as possible later in the year when you've already lost one. Just my humble opinion.

So you know who the great team are going into this thing? Cheater.
Lol but come on, everyone knows Carolina, Seattle, New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Denver, are going to win at least 10 games unless some injury happens. Probably Arizona too.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1iy4ghns said:
Right, and you know exactly which ones they are going to win and lose? More so than "saving great teams" you have to look at their schedule, how they line up to the rest of the league, and try to hit enough to keep getting to the next week. If you miss an early season game being cute you won't make it to the end of the year to use all those "great" teams you saved.

That is a fair point. I already did my "cute" pick picking the 49ers over the Rams, but I had inside knowledge (given that I'd seen the 49ers all off season), so I knew they were good enough to win that game.

But at the same time, in a given week having Carolina, Seattle, New England, etc available feels comforting.

Then again, given the uncertainty of how good teams are early on, maybe it's smarter to pick the good ones now.

Erebus

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1le354gg said:
Right, and you know exactly which ones they are going to win and lose? More so than "saving great teams" you have to look at their schedule, how they line up to the rest of the league, and try to hit enough to keep getting to the next week. If you miss an early season game being cute you won't make it to the end of the year to use all those "great" teams you saved.

That's what led to me losing last year. I planned out all my picks early and was looking ahead to having good picks for the second half of the season. From my experience, you are better off picking the good teams early because the game probably won't last very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts