Dear Pete: I no longer enjoy the team you put on the field.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
he was getting his junk grabbed. Not making excuses but those two were battling dirty.

I’m with you. But shit, we watch these guys smash into each other at speeds that should (And one day probably will) hurt each terribly. Hard to tell them when it’s over.

I get the point on coaching. I certainly agree with Seymour there.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I was embarrassed to be a Hawks fan after the game yesterday.

Zero class shown by some of our "core" players

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jjv1409 said:
he was getting his junk grabbed. Not making excuses but those two were battling dirty.

I’m with you. But shit, we watch these guys smash into each other at speeds that should (And one day probably will) hurt each terribly. Hard to tell them when it’s over.

I get the point on coaching. I certainly agree with Seymour there.

Junk grabbing. I'm going to have to get the XXX replay and watch that.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19fo4nlc said:
Seymour":19fo4nlc said:
Uncle Si":19fo4nlc said:
Sportsmanship.

In the NFL.

My goodness.

Fan: “hey guys. Go run and crash your body and brain at ridiculously violent speeds without any regard for safety over and over for my enjoyment. Do whatever you can to be the giant gladiator of competition I can’t be while I sit here watching on TV. I mean literally anything. You do get paid millions you know.

But don’t you get pissed off if you lose because that upsets my precious sense of righteous entitlement

Entirely missed the point.

Nope. Not at all.

I think you overestimate your own self aggrandazing opinion in what’s appropriate and not appropriate behavior on the football field. Your opinion lacks perspective.

You could have made your points about discipline and how you feel it’s important to the entertainment value and team success. I’d have agreed. You chose a condescending lecture on righteousness as it equates to your enjoyment completely ignoring the people who provide you that entertainment.

Following it up with “you missed the point” clearly indicates where your point derived from

You kind of did miss the point Si. No matter how silly it may be, the reason sports work is because a large percentage of fans attach a bit of their own identity to their favorite team/s. It's the reason the Browns still have fans. It's why fans say "we lost" ,"we won", "we played like crap", and even "we embarrassed ourselves".

These players hit their contract year and go play for the next highest bidder. Their identity is "Football Player" not "Seahawk". Kreig's is gone, Largent is gone, but we are still here. We make excuses for our "family" when they mess up, and we deride and call them "not very good anyway" when they decide to date somebody else.

The fans are "Seahawks", the players for the most part are employees. That doesn't make a fan an uncaring (self aggrandizing) jerk if he feels a bit humiliated by how he was represented by the employees of the team he identifies with.

One might think that is some self important BS, but it is why the NFL is what it is. Without that level of FANaticism, the whole thing would implode. The whole reason this board is all about how we are "World Beaters" last week, and absolutely "Horrible Failures" this week, is due to the high level of identity attachment to our favorite squad.

Seymour's feelings are perfectly understandable, and your self aggrandizing opinion might be showing. You should tuck that back in.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":y6rd78hg said:
Uncle Si":y6rd78hg said:
Seymour":y6rd78hg said:
Uncle Si":y6rd78hg said:
Sportsmanship.

In the NFL.

My goodness.

Fan: “hey guys. Go run and crash your body and brain at ridiculously violent speeds without any regard for safety over and over for my enjoyment. Do whatever you can to be the giant gladiator of competition I can’t be while I sit here watching on TV. I mean literally anything. You do get paid millions you know.

But don’t you get pissed off if you lose because that upsets my precious sense of righteous entitlement

Nope. Not at all.

I think you overestimate your own self aggrandazing opinion in what’s appropriate and not appropriate behavior on the football field. Your opinion lacks perspective.

You could have made your points about discipline and how you feel it’s important to the entertainment value and team success. I’d have agreed. You chose a condescending lecture on righteousness as it equates to your enjoyment completely ignoring the people who provide you that entertainment.

Following it up with “you missed the point” clearly indicates where your point derived from

You kind of did miss the point Si. No matter how silly it may be, the reason sports work is because a large percentage of fans attach a bit of their own identity to their favorite team/s. It's the reason the Browns still have fans. It's why fans say "we lost" ,"we won", "we played like crap", and even "we embarrassed ourselves".

These players hit their contract year and go play for the next highest bidder. Their identity is "Football Player" not "Seahawk". Kreig's is gone, Largent is gone, but we are still here. We make excuses for our "family" when they mess up, and we deride and call them "not very good anyway" when they decide to date somebody else.

The fans are "Seahawks", the players for the most part are employees. That doesn't make a fan an uncaring (self aggrandizing) jerk if he feels a bit humiliated by how he was represented by the employees of the team he identifies with.

One might think that is some self important BS, but it is why the NFL is what it is. Without that level of FANaticism, the whole thing would implode. The whole reason this board is all about how we are "World Beaters" last week, and absolutely "Horrible Failures" this week, is due to the high level of identity attachment to our favorite squad.

Seymour's feelings are perfectly understandable, and your self aggrandizing opinion might be showing. You should tuck that back in.

What happened to your regular account?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Again, this thread cannot be appropriately addressed unless it is in the shack. JMO.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ehcv6bz said:
Sgt Largent":3ehcv6bz said:
Uncle Si":3ehcv6bz said:
Seymour":3ehcv6bz said:

Nope. Not at all.

What happened to your regular account?

Not sure what you are referring to. There are two Sgt Largents. One with a . and one without a .

I'm the no . one

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sounds like more whining after a Seahawks loss on this forum, no surprise.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3lpcrb3l said:

I'm more impressed with the one sentence deep thinkers myself. (Irony realized)

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ba4841o said:

I can only speak for myself, but I would be just as disappointed in that behavior if we'd won. Perhaps even more so as there would have been no excuse instead of a thin excuse.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
StoneCold":zwrojrh9 said:
Hawk-Lock":zwrojrh9 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I would be just as disappointed in that behavior if we'd won. Perhaps even more so as there would have been no excuse instead of a thin excuse.

The differnce is we aren't winning all the time. These are the same guys and attitudes we had the past five years. It just sucks when you don't win at the rate we used to. I'm guessing no one would have had a problem with this team had we won yesterday.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":2ogvk670 said:
Hawk-Lock":2ogvk670 said:

I agree. Some will call BS on this because they don't put that line to cross in the same place that others may. To them I say enjoy, but remember there are those that place higher value on different standards that you nay have.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":29ihrqht said:
StoneCold":29ihrqht said:
Hawk-Lock":29ihrqht said:

The differnce is we aren't winning all the time. These are the same guys and attitudes we had the past five years. It just sucks when you don't win at the rate we used to. I'm guessing no one would have had a problem with this team had we won yesterday.

I just told you I would have.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1r8wbq3f said:
StoneCold":1r8wbq3f said:
Hawk-Lock":1r8wbq3f said:

You should read what he actually wrote. He answered the question before you even asked it.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":3bc43zp4 said:
Uncle Si":3bc43zp4 said:
Seymour":3bc43zp4 said:
Uncle Si":3bc43zp4 said:
Sportsmanship.

In the NFL.

My goodness.

Nope. Not at all.

I didn't have time to address that post at the time, but damn, I think you may have done better with it than I would have. Thank you for taking the time, I agree with everything you posted there. Excellent job. :2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seymour":2t9wb8es said:
Hawk-Lock":2t9wb8es said:
StoneCold":2t9wb8es said:
Hawk-Lock":2t9wb8es said:

You should read what he actually wrote. He answered the question before you even asked it.

I read his response. But the majority of fans cry after a loss and cheer after a win. Regardless of how the team acted.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":z1fim9y7 said:
Seymour":z1fim9y7 said:
Hawk-Lock":z1fim9y7 said:
StoneCold":z1fim9y7 said:

I read his response. But the majority of fans cry after a loss and cheer after a win. Regardless of how the team acted.

Then you read it and did not believe him then IMO.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3q1jsnes said:
Seymour":3q1jsnes said:
Hawk-Lock":3q1jsnes said:
StoneCold":3q1jsnes said:

Not to mention it's highly unlikely that anything that happened in the last 50-some seconds would have happened if we had been winning. And after winning, everyone would have been completely jacked up about how awesome we are. Your observation of "spoiled tantrums by a few of it's leaders is sickening... Graham, Bennett, Ifedi, Richardson, Jefferson" would have at best been Graham (?), Ifedi, maybe Bennett, which would have been offset by the dirty plays by Jville/their fans. This argument is being made because we lost, and would NOT have been the same had we won.

Maybe the fans aren't very good at losing either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":xso29qwy said:
Uncle Si":xso29qwy said:
Seymour":xso29qwy said:
Uncle Si":xso29qwy said:
Sportsmanship.

In the NFL.

My goodness.

Nope. Not at all.

That’s the hypocrisy isn’t it?

Identity with a bunch of people we cannot empathize with about their jobs yet call them names and question their intelligence, heart, etc.

But yes, calling that out is self aggrandizement. (Nice “gotcha” try though. Sure got Seymour grinning)

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":23v0rkog said:
Sgt Largent":23v0rkog said:
Uncle Si":23v0rkog said:
Seymour":23v0rkog said:

Nope. Not at all.

That’s the hypocrisy isn’t it?

Identity with a bunch of people we cannot empathize with about their jobs yet call them names and question their intelligence, heart, etc.

But yes, calling that out is self aggrandizement. (Nice “gotcha” try though. Sure got Seymour grinning)

More clear evidence you just don't get it. I am bummed about this whole thing like a loss in the family.
I got zero joy from that other than it's nice knowing that someone does indeed understand the exact feeling.
That is also why I will not engage in your debate on this, I have no energy for that.