Dear Pete: I no longer enjoy the team you put on the field.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SeaChickN":3issx1zg said:
Hawk-Lock":3issx1zg said:
Seymour":3issx1zg said:
Hawk-Lock":3issx1zg said:
The differnce is we aren't winning all the time. These are the same guys and attitudes we had the past five years. It just sucks when you don't win at the rate we used to. I'm guessing no one would have had a problem with this team had we won yesterday.

You should read what he actually wrote. He answered the question before you even asked it.

I read his response. But the majority of fans cry after a loss and cheer after a win. Regardless of how the team acted.

Not to mention it's highly unlikely that anything that happened in the last 50-some seconds would have happened if we had been winning. And after winning, everyone would have been completely jacked up about how awesome we are. Your observation of "spoiled tantrums by a few of it's leaders is sickening... Graham, Bennett, Ifedi, Richardson, Jefferson" would have at best been Graham (?), Ifedi, maybe Bennett, which would have been offset by the dirty plays by Jville/their fans. This argument is being made because we lost, and would NOT have been the same had we won.

Maybe the fans aren't very good at losing either.

That's the other part to it. Not only do fans act out after losses, but so does the team. Everything is perfect when you win, but when you don't, it can get ugly.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't know about all of you but I like to see guys get pissed at losing ..It bothers them and they care about winning.
Maybe from this point on it lights a match going foward in a good way.
Do I agree with the ending?How many times have you seen the Hawks get like that?I feel like the Jags players were doing things outside of what some think is sportmanship...
We know their fans sure were!
I have been a Hawks fan from the start and have no desire to see a nice .500 team again.
Pete got us here(SB Champs!) and he will be gone sooner than later but he can leave under his terms.
Seymour take a break from the game man..You sound burned out.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Discipline, accountability, and respect. It’s as easy as that. The players have accountability, they are evaluated every year. You make the team, you don’t make the team. Hard to see if coaches shoulder that same accountability. It certainly appears in this organization there is a lot of rope.
Discipline, I’d say both players and coaches lack discipline. Penalties galore from players along with again perceived poor discipline from coaches. We can see it with something as simple as clock management and how we use challenges.
Respect I believe is very visible and the players don’t have it. I don’t care how other teams play. You should be taught to play respecting the game and respecting your opponent. This shows up almost exclusively after a loss. Win like a man, lose like a man. Emotions run hot, I understand, but these are adults, not 5-year olds.
It is hard to support some of the players on this team and their actions stain the organization. I will continue to support the Hawks, always will. But I would gladly give up on some of our “talent” for a team I can be proud to support.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mad Dog":93j9a91y said:
You can't say this team is boring though. In every game to the bitter end. In the 80's and 90's I'd have killed for a team like that.

A few teams have enchanted seasons each year. it's always different teams though. We had that in 2005 and 2013. The rest of the time you hope to be competitive and in the fight. To expect that enchantment year after year is over the top.

I get that people hate penalties. But that can't be the reason you hate the team. They compete like crazy unlike some of the Erickson and Holmgren teams. That in itself is going to lead to penalties. It's hard to have choirboys in this league and win.
You can say the 1st halves are boring as they only score 0 - 10 points.

idle Eric

Reaction score
Seymour":1a3e74hm said:
This is not just about W's or L's, it is about buying in, being entertained, and feeling a part of something good.

I'll start with I've been a fan since '76. I've seen all the bad years where you knew there was little chance of a W, but you watched to see that catch by Largent, or run by Warner, or 3rd down conversion by Dr. Dan, and even the occasional upset. We didn't expect much but just had hope that we'd one day put it together.

Fast forward to now. The product I'm watching now is extremely irritating for me to watch. We make the same mistakes, game after game, and at a coaching level year after year. We know the team has the ability to put it all together, but for a number of reason just doesn't. Some fans want to say, Refs, Injuries, ect., they want to point everywhere but inside the organization.
I say this lies squarely on Pete. His free form style is catching up to him. His lack of adjustments to changing circumstances and holding his coaching staff accountable has lost the respect of at least some players.

After watching that ending on Sunday I can officially say I am disgusted with our team. Losing is one thing, but the lack of discipline on this team, and spoiled tantrums by a few of it's leaders is sickening. Graham, Bennett, Ifedi, Richardson, Jefferson....I'm talking to you. I seriously hope the NFL throws the book at us and we get what is deserved for that shit show of sportsmanship. It will take hitting bottom to bring about change, and sadly I doubt we are quite at bottom. I've purchased no new gear this year, and am considering turning them off on Sundays for the first time in 41 years.

I do know that "this too shall pass" when it comes to feelings. I just have no idea when at this point.

I completely get your post. I think it's particularly important to hold on to the idea of sportsmanship. I guess you either get this and hold it dear, or you don't and your an apologist (Uncle Si).

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Or you are one of the posters who has been actively rooting for Seahawks players to "get burned" and for Pete Carroll to be fired, long before the last game.

Rocket

Reaction score
Where in the rulebook of sanity does it say you can have a beer dumped on your head, a gatorade container thrown at your face and, worse than worse, you're called a N-word. Further, you just spent three hours playing a contact "sport" and you just lost a squeaker with a missed penalty by the refs. And the "teams" of "players" just completed two back to back fights on the field, the latter of these got you ejected.

I'd be surprised if he didn't do anything but walk thru the beverage rain.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Respect of the other team is a two way street and awfully easy to say while sitting in the living room eating nachos. Some games are more contentious than others and is nearly impossible to end with a handshake and a "good game bro" this was one of those.

idle Eric

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1kv0zhe9 said:
Or you are one of the posters who has been actively rooting for Seahawks players to "get burned" and for Pete Carroll to be fired, long before the last game.

Or you could be one of the posters who continues to not read posts properly and misses the point. Sounds like your own agenda is clouding your view slightly mate . Who said fire Pete Carrol !? or that i want to see our players "get burned" !?

What on earth are you talking about ?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
idle Eric":11ximm0n said:
hawknation2017":11ximm0n said:

Or you could be one of the posters who continues to not read posts properly and misses the point. Sounds like your own agenda is clouding your view slightly mate . Who said fire Pete Carrol !? or that i want to see our players "get burned" !?

Good eye. He is referring to me in exaggerated half truths from months ago all do to agenda.

Ignore the banter as it is what it is, much like a pesky fly in the room.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
idle Eric":1ttodln4 said:
hawknation2017":1ttodln4 said:

You must not read this board very often (or carefully?). There have been numerous calls for Pete Carroll to be fired, including by the original poster.

idle Eric

Reaction score
Seymour":1ic866jg said:
idle Eric":1ic866jg said:
hawknation2017":1ic866jg said:

Good eye. He is referring to me in exaggerated half truths from months ago all do to agenda.

Ignore the banter as it is what it is, much like a pesky fly in the room.

:D

Keep up the posts my friend. They always make quality reading.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Stop the bickering here.

Take it to the Shack or PM.

DO NOT MAKE ME PULL OVER.
I’ll turn right around, we’ll all go home, and nobody will get a surprise.

Thank you for your cooperation.

:{)

idle Eric

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1xo3628v said:
idle Eric":1xo3628v said:
hawknation2017":1xo3628v said:

You must not read this board very often (or carefully?). There have been numerous calls for Pete Carroll to be fired, including by the original poster.

How dare they !!!

They are aloud to have an opinion on that with out being told to go and support another team you know. Anyone who doesn't tow the party line is consistently accused of being some sort of traitor on this forum. It's not very healthy for debate.

I get the sentiment of seymours thread. I don't necessarily think Pete should be fired myself but get his frustration with how the team is currently being run. And by the way my post was specifically referring to the lack of sportsmanship and the point is it bothers you and you get that part of seymours post, or it doesn't and you just don't get it .

hawknation2017

Reaction score
idle Eric":2ags7klw said:
hawknation2017":2ags7klw said:
idle Eric":2ags7klw said:
hawknation2017":2ags7klw said:

How dare they !!!

They are aloud to have an opinion on that with out being told to go and support another team you know. Anyone who doesn't tow the party line is consistently accused of being some sort of traitor on this forum. It's not very healthy for debate.

I get the sentiment of seymours thread. I don't necessarily think Pete should be fired myself but get his frustration with how the team is currently being run. And by the way my post was specifically referring to the lack of sportsmanship and the point is it bothers you and you get that part of seymours post, or it doesn't and you just don't bet it .

If you had known that, then you would have understood the content of my post. It had nothing to do with you.

There is a certain segment of posters on this board who want Seahawks players to "get burned" and want Pete Carroll fired. Everything they write here is tailored to that narrative. They get more pleasure from complaining about the team and attacking its players than they do from victories, hence their lack of enjoyment in watching the team actually play.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":3n26wj5h said:
This is not just about W's or L's, it is about buying in, being entertained, and feeling a part of something good.

I'll start with I've been a fan since '76. I've seen all the bad years where you knew there was little chance of a W, but you watched to see that catch by Largent, or run by Warner, or 3rd down conversion by Dr. Dan, and even the occasional upset. We didn't expect much but just had hope that we'd one day put it together.

Fast forward to now. The product I'm watching now is extremely irritating for me to watch. We make the same mistakes, game after game, and at a coaching level year after year. We know the team has the ability to put it all together, but for a number of reason just doesn't. Some fans want to say, Refs, Injuries, ect., they want to point everywhere but inside the organization.
I say this lies squarely on Pete. His free form style is catching up to him. His lack of adjustments to changing circumstances and holding his coaching staff accountable has lost the respect of at least some players.

After watching that ending on Sunday I can officially say I am disgusted with our team. Losing is one thing, but the lack of discipline on this team, and spoiled tantrums by a few of it's leaders is sickening. Graham, Bennett, Ifedi, Richardson, Jefferson....I'm talking to you. I seriously hope the NFL throws the book at us and we get what is deserved for that shit show of sportsmanship. It will take hitting bottom to bring about change, and sadly I doubt we are quite at bottom. I've purchased no new gear this year, and am considering turning them off on Sundays for the first time in 41 years.

I do know that "this too shall pass" when it comes to feelings. I just have no idea when at this point.

Spot on.

The last minute of yesterday's game was simply embarrassing.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of Paul Allen's place yesterday.

Atradees

Reaction score
I haven't liked the offense for awhile now, but when we do get miracle impromptu backyard plays its fun.

Bobby Wagner is sorely missed or we win that one and the Rams game next week. We are still in it and the line is finally looking stronger but with no run game it is more rare to win in the playoffs.

idle Eric

Reaction score
hawknation2017":15yhcrdg said:
idle Eric":15yhcrdg said:
hawknation2017":15yhcrdg said:
idle Eric":15yhcrdg said:

How dare they !!!

I get the sentiment of seymours thread. I don't necessarily think Pete should be fired myself but get his frustration with how the team is currently being run. And by the way my post was specifically referring to the lack of sportsmanship and the point is it bothers you and you get that part of seymours post, or it doesn't and you just don't bet it .

If you had known that, then you would have understood the content of my post. It had nothing to do with you.

There is a certain segment of posters on this board who want Seahawks players to "get burned" and want Pete Carroll fired. Everything they write here is tailored to that narrative. They get more pleasure from complaining about the team and attacking its players than they do from victories, hence their lack of enjoyment in watching the team actually play.

Really !? How do you know this ? Are you sure it's not just that they love their team and want the best for it . Are they not just expressing their opinion on how the team could improve. I think this - They want our players to "get burned" is a narrative you've created.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
idle Eric":1jytjibc said:
They want our players to "get burned" is a narrative you've created.

No, it's actually a direct quote.

There are a number of posters here who have chosen to dedicate their time to maligning the Seahawks' players and coaches. They say that they want to see players like Richard Sherman "get burned" or Michael Bennett fail. They beat the same dead horse over and over again, even when a young player (like Germain Ifedi) shows improved technique.

The expectation of Super Bowls or bust in Seattle has created a number of petulant posters who gain more satisfaction from bashing the players and coaches than they do from watching the in-game competition. In some ways, this thread is just another regurgitation of "Pete has to go." In other ways, it is more telling.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3g48f34g said:
Uncle Si":3g48f34g said:
Sgt Largent":3g48f34g said:
Uncle Si":3g48f34g said:
Nope. Not at all.

I think you overestimate your own self aggrandazing opinion in what’s appropriate and not appropriate behavior on the football field. Your opinion lacks perspective.

You could have made your points about discipline and how you feel it’s important to the entertainment value and team success. I’d have agreed. You chose a condescending lecture on righteousness as it equates to your enjoyment completely ignoring the people who provide you that entertainment.

Following it up with “you missed the point” clearly indicates where your point derived from

You kind of did miss the point Si. No matter how silly it may be, the reason sports work is because a large percentage of fans attach a bit of their own identity to their favorite team/s. It's the reason the Browns still have fans. It's why fans say "we lost" ,"we won", "we played like crap", and even "we embarrassed ourselves".

These players hit their contract year and go play for the next highest bidder. Their identity is "Football Player" not "Seahawk". Kreig's is gone, Largent is gone, but we are still here. We make excuses for our "family" when they mess up, and we deride and call them "not very good anyway" when they decide to date somebody else.

The fans are "Seahawks", the players for the most part are employees. That doesn't make a fan an uncaring (self aggrandizing) jerk if he feels a bit humiliated by how he was represented by the employees of the team he identifies with.

One might think that is some self important BS, but it is why the NFL is what it is. Without that level of FANaticism, the whole thing would implode. The whole reason this board is all about how we are "World Beaters" last week, and absolutely "Horrible Failures" this week, is due to the high level of identity attachment to our favorite squad.

Seymour's feelings are perfectly understandable, and your self aggrandizing opinion might be showing. You should tuck that back in.

That’s the hypocrisy isn’t it?

Identity with a bunch of people we cannot empathize with about their jobs yet call them names and question their intelligence, heart, etc.

But yes, calling that out is self aggrandizement. (Nice “gotcha” try though. Sure got Seymour grinning)

More clear evidence you just don't get it. I am bummed about this whole thing like a loss in the family.
I got zero joy from that other than it's nice knowing that someone does indeed understand the exact feeling.
That is also why I will not engage in your debate on this, I have no energy for that.

What a bunch of condescending twaddle.

You’re not making difficult points to grasp. I commented on calling out players for a la k of sportsmanship. You e been name calling them since Sherman last year.

I get it. You think they should act and behave in a manner you hold ideal. Not difficult to grasp. Where you’re struggling is with a narrow minded view of expectations for NFL players.

Again. It’s not difficult. I just think you’re missing the bigger picture.