Dear Pete: I no longer enjoy the team you put on the field.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cehl97r said:
You’ve called out their intelligence. Their heart. Their commitment. And then play off like they’re family. That’s hypocritical. You don’t grasp the dichotomy

Ifedi And his penalties suck. There’s a distinction between calling him out for sucking and Bennett as a whiney spoiled brat because he went after the jag center.

I offered distribction. You didn’t until now.

Man, this is why I hate these "teachings" from you. Where did I call Ifedi a whiney spoiled brat? Bull shit.

The "Family" thing is being perpetuated by you. I never said the players were like family. Here is my exact quote.

Seymour":3cehl97r said:
More clear evidence you just don't get it. I am bummed about this whole thing like a loss in the family.
I got zero joy from that other than it's nice knowing that someone does indeed understand the exact feeling.
That is also why I will not engage in your debate on this, I have no energy for that.

It said bummed LIKE a loss in the family is used to describe that empty, bad stomach feeling I felt after that game. It had very little to do with the loss as I figured that to be a 50/50 game and do not expect to go far in playoffs if we make them before the game. Read what others said, they felt that same sour stomach from that shit show ending, and more of the same game from poor coaching, and pathetic discipline. That is why "family" is in quotes, as that is being carried from your comments prior.

One last time. Here is the "family"--or the team. Direct quote.

Seymour":3cehl97r said:
....The constant is the team (Logo) the owner and the city they represent. The players and even coaches come and go, and if they tarnish the logo during their stay I think fans have a right to call that out.

Sgt Largent":3cehl97r said:
Their identity is "Football Player" not "Seahawk".

Players come and go. I've said it, at least 2 others have and you still don't get that. All players, coming from all walks of life with moral standards all over the map that come and go every few years are family?? makes no sense. The only real family part (if you insist to mis-interpret the like=is (to you) comment) is the long term aspects of the franchise, the Logo (franchise...yes I'm putting this different in hopes you grasp the concept), the owner, the city, and possibly (I'll add) the core 12's that stick with them through thick and thin.

The players are more the tools or energy of the team to me, and yes we can love some, dislike some, disagree with some, ect, but they are temporary by nature of their job. Family is permanent in my definition.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3llbhgmj said:
Idle Eric and Seymour share curiously similar writing styles.

That would be because we are the same person I suppose. Good god. What next.... :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I made a post about fans having unrealistic expectations of players in terms of competition and sportsmanship . You told me I didn’t get it. Then defended your statement with the family statement.

Nothing was perpetuated. That was your comment.

The other stuff I get. I don’t feel that way but I get it.

My statement, as I said, is that many fans are out of touch with the reality of the game and what they expect from players. Your condemnation of them in the OP and other threads regarding sportsmanship etc was reflective of that. You can jump around all you want. Ive been talking about the same point with each post.

Now, the discipline (mistakes, preparedness, penalties) I agree wholeheartedly with (said it in many posts). You called Bennett a spoiled brat. You’ve called Sherman that as well. I don’t agree and find the statements lacking perspective.

I think the whole NFL lacks perspective in reality and maybe that’s the source of my concern

We are good.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zpp7rih said:
I made a post about fans having unrealistic expectations of players in terms of competition and sportsmanship . You told me I didn’t get it. Then defended your statement with the family statement.

Nothing was perpetuated. That was your comment.

The other stuff I get. I don’t feel that way but I get it.

My statement, as I said, is that many fans are out of touch with the reality of the game and what they expect from players. Your condemnation of them in the OP and other threads regarding sportsmanship etc was reflective of that. You can jump around all you want. Ive been talking about the same point with each post.

Now, the discipline (mistakes, preparedness, penalties) I agree wholeheartedly with (said it in many posts). You called Bennett a spoiled brat. You’ve called Sherman that as well. I don’t agree and find the statements lacking perspective.

I think the whole NFL lacks perspective in reality and maybe that’s the source of my concern

We are good.

You said I called Ifedi a whiney spoiled brat not Bennett. If I called Bennett that at some point I suppose that is possible, I should have said acting like though. (or even possibly did). I've called myself names too, but either way that on it's own doesn't make me a hypocrite. When one is describing feelings, and they use the word "like", that doesn't mean that person is that word.

Example. "I feel like shit".

Don't you dare. ;)

Done here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The point was the disparity in your OP to statements made about the players. Even that came after I made a statement about expectation for sportsmanship from NFL players after going through what they go through. Hypocrisy was too strong a word for your posts though, admittedly.

It’s whatever. I think im almost done with the NFL is more the direction I’m headed.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully that feeling changes. I'm not near done with the NFL, but I will say I liked it more when I knew less. Funny how that can work. Now that we're in the every fan is a camera man era (cell phones), there is no escaping the drama with that and social media. All the same crap has gone on for many years, it just was swept under the rug far easier then.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
hawknation2017":75q85k39 said:
Or you are one of the posters who has been actively rooting for Seahawks players to "get burned" and for Pete Carroll to be fired, long before the last game.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

lukerguy

Reaction score
Seymour":2qdquhga said:
After watching that ending on Sunday I can officially say I am disgusted with our team. Losing is one thing, but the lack of discipline on this team, and spoiled tantrums by a few of it's leaders is sickening. Graham, Bennett, Ifedi, Richardson, Jefferson....I'm talking to you. I seriously hope the NFL throws the book at us and we get what is deserved for that shit show of sportsmanship. It will take hitting bottom to bring about change, and sadly I doubt we are quite at bottom. I've purchased no new gear this year, and am considering turning them off on Sundays for the first time in 41 years.

I do know that "this too shall pass" when it comes to feelings. I just have no idea when at this point.

Did you feel this way when we lost the SB? THey were just as much a bunch of sore losers than as they are now.

THis would have been the outcome if the lost the NFCC to SF a few years ago... That's just the DNA of the players on the team. They're all hyper competitive, sore loser... and you know what, I am the same way so it's hard for me to blame them.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
lukerguy":13jlw7j7 said:
Seymour":13jlw7j7 said:
After watching that ending on Sunday I can officially say I am disgusted with our team. Losing is one thing, but the lack of discipline on this team, and spoiled tantrums by a few of it's leaders is sickening. Graham, Bennett, Ifedi, Richardson, Jefferson....I'm talking to you. I seriously hope the NFL throws the book at us and we get what is deserved for that shit show of sportsmanship. It will take hitting bottom to bring about change, and sadly I doubt we are quite at bottom. I've purchased no new gear this year, and am considering turning them off on Sundays for the first time in 41 years.

I do know that "this too shall pass" when it comes to feelings. I just have no idea when at this point.

Did you feel this way when we lost the SB? THey were just as much a bunch of sore losers than as they are now.

THis would have been the outcome if the lost the NFCC to SF a few years ago... That's just the DNA of the players on the team. They're all hyper competitive, sore loser... and you know what, I am the same way so it's hard for me to blame them.

No, that boiled down to 1 bad call and lack of discipline wasn't near as blatant and widespread as the Jags game. Also like I said, this was building from a couple of years of little to no coaching adjustments and making the same mistakes year after year (building frustration). In 2015 that was just starting to show up.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ya know, I really miss Tim Ruskell and all the high-character guys he brought in.
They would never have started a victory formation brawl.
And, Jim Mora Jr., if we'd kept him as coach longer, the genetics would have come out, like father, like son.
We'd have press conferences like "...that was a HORSESHIT performance out there" and "I'm embarrassed for our team, I'm embarrased for our fans" and, one of my personal favorites, "We couldn't do DIDDLY-POO on offense out there...".
Talk about accountability... those public humiliation zingers from the coach, we know they make players straighten right up and be a good citizen. Even better, if Mora Jr. was allowed to properly develop, the accountability would have spread to the coaching staff too. As Sr. said, "We got our ASSES KICKED out there today... We got outplayed, we got out coached..." (etc.)

I think the Hawks are still in a hangover state from the premature Jim Mora Jr. firing, before he was allowed to truly develop and speak his mind with true eloquence. Never mind SB48, the real hangover started years earlier with Mora Jr's firing. Worst of all was when Pete and John started canning all the Ruskell era character guys and bringing in thugs and brawlers with actual athletic talent.
</sarcasm>

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seymour":2yg3qkod said:
This is not just about W's or L's, it is about buying in, being entertained, and feeling a part of something good.

I'll start with I've been a fan since '76. I've seen all the bad years where you knew there was little chance of a W, but you watched to see that catch by Largent, or run by Warner, or 3rd down conversion by Dr. Dan, and even the occasional upset. We didn't expect much but just had hope that we'd one day put it together.

Fast forward to now. The product I'm watching now is extremely irritating for me to watch. We make the same mistakes, game after game, and at a coaching level year after year. We know the team has the ability to put it all together, but for a number of reason just doesn't. Some fans want to say, Refs, Injuries, ect., they want to point everywhere but inside the organization.
I say this lies squarely on Pete. His free form style is catching up to him. His lack of adjustments to changing circumstances and holding his coaching staff accountable has lost the respect of at least some players.

I hear ya. I’m ready for a new coaching staff and major turnover on the team.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I feel like we haven’t evolved as a team/staff and we have been caught/passed for both talent and coaching. Pete isn’t going to change so we are going to be stuck in this stagnant stage where we are somewhat competitive because we have a qb but never win. We then waste all Wilson’s best years.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Frustrating watching these teams coming out ready and scoring. The Giants have 2 tds against philly and zero to play for but pride. Well disciplined and run. We pick fights

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Remember when the Seahawks were the best and used to bully teams?

I miss those days!

Good times!

At least the Hawks won two rings back to back! Oh wait...

mistaowen

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2w937efq said:
Remember when the Seahawks were the best and used to bully teams?

I miss those days!

Good times!

At least the Hawks won two rings back to back! Oh wait...

We get it, you don't like the Seahawks.

Latest posts