Dear Pete: I no longer enjoy the team you put on the field.

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Embarrassing thread. Team is fighting their *** off with so many injuries and we get this. They almost beat the #1 defense, on the road, after defeating the #1 team in the NFC the week prior.

Just don't watch. Better yet, just watch 2009 team highlights with Jim Mora as coach. Then tell me if you enjoy this team.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ibp4e34 said:
I don’t disagree with the notion of a deep connection to the players. Call them family if you want. That’s normalized in athletics.

The point I was making was the conditions of the modern NFL almost require violence. And with that it should be understandable that players emotions will spill over. As fans we yearn for the passion. To get so upset as to question “a family member” about intelligence, control, heart, etc misses the mark.

Coaching has been poor. No doubt. Its frustrating and I agreed with that part of the OP. Maybe that's the difference. Our players, as misguided as it may look sometimes, are desperately trying to win games though. They are being let down by the coaches. Calling them names, which the OP has done in several threads of late, simply contrasts the sentiment he is portraying.

That’s my issue. It’s hypocritical tripe. If these guys were really “family” you wouldn’t root for them to risk life altering injury for your satisfaction only to question the way they do it if it doesn’t suit your moral compass.

It's nothing new. The faux "embarrassment" over player actions is the pinnacle.

Bleed for us, but don't cry.

Looks like there was some baggage outside of this thread I wasn't aware of.

I guess if you are the "not my kids but I'll watch your kids" type of fan I could see the hypocrisy.

But otherwise, to say that if they were really "family" you wouldn't criticize how they do it is off base in my opinion.

With both my boys, whether I was their coach or a fan at the time, I was extremely concerned with how they handled adversity. Now that's my job as a parent obviously, but you don't take off your "way it should be played" hat just because it stops being your kid. Matter of fact, you probably wear it a little looser because it's NOT your kid (family).

All this other "root against the team" BS in this thread is a massive highjack, this thread started off being about concern for the way our "family" is representing themselves and their fans when faced with a little adversity.

Speaking for myself, I'd feel even more strongly about how childish and dangerous some of their actions were if it WAS an actual relative pulling that nonsense.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":3dj4m1kz said:
Embarrassing thread. Team is fighting their *** off with so many injuries and we get this. They almost beat the #1 defense, on the road, after defeating the #1 team in the NFC the week prior.

Just don't watch. Better yet, just watch 2009 team highlights with Jim Mora as coach. Then tell me if you enjoy this team.

Yeah, this thread is what's embarrassing, not the horse@#&_ display of sportsmanship Sunday.

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":32l0gba5 said:
BuffaloHawk":32l0gba5 said:

Yeah, this thread is what's embarrassing, not the horse@#&_ display of sportsmanship Sunday.

Do you REALLY care that much? Yeah, you'll hear about it from whatever scrub they throw on TV (Donovan McNabb/Louis Riddick) on how bad it looked, but does their opinion matter? It'll be forgotten about in the off-season (remember when everyone apparently hated Wilson?)

Yeah, Jefferson was out of line, but it proves to me the team actually cares and gets pissed when they lose. I've spent so many years watching the softest of soft Seahawk teams. This era is a blessing. Instead of ranting how it's almost over and we'll never be like the 2012/2013 team, just embrace what we have.

Teams just don't go on the road and beat the #1 defense no problem. This was a VERY tough game, and if it weren't for a garbage call, they would have pulled it off. We have a top 5 quarterback, and a top ten defense. Even if it doesn't work out this year, we still have a very talented foundation for the future. Living in Buffalo, I know fans here would KILL for just ONE season the Seahawks have had the last 6 years.

Also, don't mean to attack the original poster. I know it's frustrating, but after losses like this, it's best to always look on the bright side.

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":3t2f7twy said:
I'm with you Seymour. This is the 1st year I've sold tickets (for face value, not profit). I didn't sell any until after I went to the game in Nashville. I just want to see Michael Bennett off this team. I went back and re-watched the play with Bennett supposedly swiping at the ball and see nothing but a dirty player. I think a lot of the other guys are getting caught up in his drama because they are supporting a team leader. So sad he is a team leader and that he is a nominee for the Walter Payton award (Payton was a complete class act). I haven't been going to the games because it just isn't as fun this year. I still watch but crap like what happened on Sunday makes that a challenge.

That's fine, but you better not post in the future about our lack of pass rush when Bennett is gone. The guy is an animal, and is playing through injuries this season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Everyone has to decide for themselves whether the Seahawks are presently worth watching.

Nobody can decide for anyone else.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":16cub4lw said:
Sgt Largent":16cub4lw said:
BuffaloHawk":16cub4lw said:

Do you REALLY care that much? Yeah, you'll hear about it from whatever scrub they throw on TV (Donovan McNabb/Louis Riddick) on how bad it looked, but does their opinion matter? It'll be forgotten about in the off-season (remember when everyone apparently hated Wilson?)

Yeah, Jefferson was out of line, but it proves to me the team actually cares and gets pissed when they lose. I've spent so many years watching the softest of soft Seahawk teams. This era is a blessing. Instead of ranting how it's almost over and we'll never be like the 2012/2013 team, just embrace what we have.

Teams just don't go on the road and beat the #1 defense no problem. This was a VERY tough game, and if it weren't for a garbage call, they would have pulled it off. We have a top 5 quarterback, and a top ten defense. Even if it doesn't work out this year, we still have a very talented foundation for the future. Living in Buffalo, I know fans here would KILL for just ONE season the Seahawks have had the last 6 years.

Also, don't mean to attack the original poster. I know it's frustrating, but after losses like this, it's best to always look on the bright side.

Don't get me wrong, I was actively working out how I could make it down there in time to throat punch one of those punk fans or even a few of the Jax players I thought were chumping it up. It's that internal war with self control that football teaches better than any other sport. It's why I thought it was worth the risk for me, and for my boys when they decided they wanted to play. So I guess I do care that much.

I also don't think Bennett's log roll proves how "not soft" we are either. I think the other 59 minutes of "playing our asses off" proved that just fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been awhile since they did that crap at the end of a game, but that stuff is just unacceptable. Doesn't change how I feel about the team one bit. Just want them to grow up and show some class in losing. Not much to ask of grown men.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zeb7vg5 said:
Been awhile since they did that crap at the end of a game, but that stuff is just unacceptable. Doesn't change how I feel about the team one bit. Just want them to grow up and show some class in losing. Not much to ask of grown men.

^ Me without the philosophical hooey...

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":de4ok7zv said:
BuffaloHawk":de4ok7zv said:
Sgt Largent":de4ok7zv said:
BuffaloHawk":de4ok7zv said:

Don't get me wrong, I was actively working out how I could make it down there in time to throat punch one of those punk fans or even a few of the Jax players I thought were chumping it up. It's that internal war with self control that football teaches better than any other sport. It's why I thought it was worth the risk for me, and for my boys when they decided they wanted to play. So I guess I do care that much.

I also don't think Bennett's log roll proves how "not soft" we are either. I think the other 59 minutes of "playing our asses off" proved that just fine.

Good point. It sucks to see that stuff at the end of the game, but it's the price we pay with Pete's coaching philosophy (which has been historically good for us).

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":2o2p4k16 said:
peppersjap":2o2p4k16 said:
I'm with you Seymour. This is the 1st year I've sold tickets (for face value, not profit). I didn't sell any until after I went to the game in Nashville. I just want to see Michael Bennett off this team. I went back and re-watched the play with Bennett supposedly swiping at the ball and see nothing but a dirty player. I think a lot of the other guys are getting caught up in his drama because they are supporting a team leader. So sad he is a team leader and that he is a nominee for the Walter Payton award (Payton was a complete class act). I haven't been going to the games because it just isn't as fun this year. I still watch but crap like what happened on Sunday makes that a challenge.

That's fine, but you better not post in the future about our lack of pass rush when Bennett is gone. The guy is an animal, and is playing through injuries this season.

Lack of pass rush? You mean like we saw Sunday, 1 pressure in 27 drop backs WITH Bennett? IMO that is the frustration you saw come out of Bennett, the man across from him was better and his ego could not take that anymore. Even Sherman who I've been critical of in the past for some of his outbursts was man enough to shake Brady's hand after the SB49 loss while Bennett was again out there being chippy and showing he cannot lose with dignity.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People can put blame on many things when this team loses. But, the pass rush was incredibly bad, against a below average QB. Do that, and even a hack like Bortles will beat you. One QB hit all day??? That's pathetic

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3gbfysbx said:
BuffaloHawk":3gbfysbx said:
peppersjap":3gbfysbx said:

Lack of pass rush? You mean like we saw Sunday, 1 pressure in 27 drop backs WITH Bennett? IMO that is the frustration you saw come out of Bennett, the man across from him was better and his ego could not take that anymore. Even Sherman who I've been critical of in the past for some of his outbursts was man enough to shake Brady's hand after the SB49 loss while Bennett was again out there being chippy and showing he cannot lose with dignity.

You're really going to judge Bennett off one game? The same man who is playing through plantar fasciitis and still has 7.5 sacks on the season? The same man who has been a dominate force for us the past 5 seasons?

We expect SO much from these players. Is he a dirty player? Ummm....maybe? You can pick out 3-4 plays I guess, but my god man, do you know how many teams would love to have a player like that on their team? We're so easy dismiss great players when they have off games.

I get the off-field stuff, but when that man is on the field it's fun to watch.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":luwun7vr said:
Seymour":luwun7vr said:
BuffaloHawk":luwun7vr said:
peppersjap":luwun7vr said:

You're really going to judge Bennett off one game? The same man who is playing through plantar fasciitis and still has 7.5 sacks on the season? The same man who has been a dominate force for us the past 5 seasons?

We expect SO much from these players. Is he a dirty player? Ummm....maybe? You can pick out 3-4 plays I guess, but my god man, do you know how many teams would love to have a player like that on their team? We're so easy dismiss great players when they have off games.

No. Just saying you don't need to lose Bennett to complain about a lack of pass rush, there it is right there.
It's more than just him obviously, but the question is how do they go from playing like they did against the Eagles, then put up a game like that against the Jags? If you put different jerseys on them you would not even know it was the same team.

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":r1tk6nxi said:
BuffaloHawk":r1tk6nxi said:
Seymour":r1tk6nxi said:
BuffaloHawk":r1tk6nxi said:

No. Just saying you don't need to lose Bennett to complain about a lack of pass rush, there it is right there.
It's more than just him obviously, but the question is how do they go from playing like they did against the Eagles, then put up a game like that against the Jags? If you put different jerseys on them you would not even know it was the same team.

Wish I had the answer. Beauty of the NFL. Don't know what you're going to get game by game.

Yeah, I know, that's not an excuse, and it sucks to hear, but we can't expect Bennett to be Superman. The man is playing injured on a defense with like 20 players out. I'm willing to cut the man slack. It's not like he's having a bad year. He's still been productive.

It's a tough year for everyone. But hey, we're 8-5, and could be in first place next week. Rally around the guy's that got you there and lets win the whole thing

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":39xibby4 said:
Uncle Si":39xibby4 said:
I don’t disagree with the notion of a deep connection to the players. Call them family if you want. That’s normalized in athletics.

The point I was making was the conditions of the modern NFL almost require violence. And with that it should be understandable that players emotions will spill over. As fans we yearn for the passion. To get so upset as to question “a family member” about intelligence, control, heart, etc misses the mark.

Coaching has been poor. No doubt. Its frustrating and I agreed with that part of the OP. Maybe that's the difference. Our players, as misguided as it may look sometimes, are desperately trying to win games though. They are being let down by the coaches. Calling them names, which the OP has done in several threads of late, simply contrasts the sentiment he is portraying.

That’s my issue. It’s hypocritical tripe. If these guys were really “family” you wouldn’t root for them to risk life altering injury for your satisfaction only to question the way they do it if it doesn’t suit your moral compass.

It's nothing new. The faux "embarrassment" over player actions is the pinnacle.

Bleed for us, but don't cry.

Looks like there was some baggage outside of this thread I wasn't aware of.

I guess if you are the "not my kids but I'll watch your kids" type of fan I could see the hypocrisy.

But otherwise, to say that if they were really "family" you wouldn't criticize how they do it is off base in my opinion.

All this other "root against the team" BS in this thread is a massive highjack, this thread started off being about concern for the way our "family" is representing themselves and their fans when faced with a little adversity.

Speaking for myself, I'd feel even more strongly about how childish and dangerous some of their actions were if it WAS an actual relative pulling that nonsense.

Not suggesting you wouldn't or cant criticize. But you would probably address this with far more perspective. The "family" is fighting very hard for our enjoyment. Criticizing them (with name calling) for not holding back is the dichotomy of being an NFL fan, which is my point.

That particular piece of the OP and how it was addressed lacks awareness in my opinion.

The whole sport is both childish and dangerous.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Many of the "family" are fighting for the contract, not just us. Look no further than Richardson whining about Wagner getting his sacks for recent proof of this.

Look no further then Bennett whining about his contract, wanting to holding out (wife stopped him and said no), and more money every chance he got prior to latest contract for more.

Playing this "they're beating their brains out for you and you called them a name" card is getting quite comical in here though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3fun79vw said:
Many of the "family" are fighting for the contract, not just us. Look no further than Richardson whining about Wagner getting his sacks for recent proof of this.

Look no further then Bennett whining about his contract, wanting to holding out (wife stopped him and said no), and money every chance he got prior to latest contract for more.

Playing this "they're beating their brains out for you and you called them a name" card is getting quite comical in here though.

You don't see the contradiction in your own posts, or the hypocrisy.

But others are missing the point.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Correct. But not "others". I only said you and 1 other were.

Latest posts