Dedicated Positivity Thread - 49ers

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Rules are obvious.

I'll start it off, I though we made some pretty good impactful game plan alterations for the second half. Three TD's and almost a 4th.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
The second half of the game was the best this offense has played in weeks. Homer was encouraging. I think he will play better next week and we win in Philadelphia. I thought Fant played ok also. I saw him stuff Bosa a few times which is encouraging. Looking ahead to next week and a win at Philadelphia.

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2snqgjjc said:
The second half of the game was the best this offense has played in weeks. Homer was encouraging. I think he will play better next week and we win in Philadelphia. I thought Fant played ok also. I saw him stuff Bosa a few times which is encouraging. Looking ahead to next week and a win at Philadelphia.

I also noticed Fant stepping up a bit, wasn't perfect but I would definitely say above average especially for playing against Bosa. Hopefully he keeps it up!

justafan

Reaction score
Another shout out for Homer, When it comes to the passing game and protections he gets it.

knownone

Reaction score
Given the set of circumstances, the slow start was to be expected. Fant hasn't played much at LT, Homer is a rookie in his first real action, and Lynch has been out of the league for a year. Those guys will only get better going forward which will pay dividends if we hang around in the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Lynch for giving us some great memories as well as a heck of a performance after being out 14 months.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We had a number of guys step up their level of play tonight, especially after the slow start. Homer and Fant for sure, but they weren't alone. If another week of prep will help cure some mistakes we'll have a decent shot against Philly, but I expect that game to be just as tough as this one was.
I am encouraged after this game due to the improvement we showed in comparison to what we've done the past few weeks. If we can build on it we can be very problematic for our opponents in the playoffs.

mistaowen

Reaction score
George Fant went 1 on 1 with Bosa all night and essentially neutralized him. His only big plays were chasing Russell down past the line.

Homer was encouraging and what Prosise was supposed to be. Shifty guy out of the backfield with some good speed and power.

Metcalf had some nice catches and will likely become a true #1 WR next year with a full offseason of training. He has all the physical talent in the world, just needs to refine the little things.

Russell decided to take over and do things his way. Should have happened about 4 weeks ago when the offense started trending downward.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
What a great coitusing game!!! We lost with basically half a team and lost buy inches. I love the heart of this team!! And a big part of it is the mentality of our HC!!

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3njdjza0 said:
We had a number of guys step up their level of play tonight, especially after the slow start. Homer and Fant for sure, but they weren't alone. If another week of prep will help cure some mistakes we'll have a decent shot against Philly, but I expect that game to be just as tough as this one was.
I am encouraged after this game due to the improvement we showed in comparison to what we've done the past few weeks. If we can build on it we can be very problematic for our opponents in the playoffs.

It also should not be downplayed that we did so against arguably the team with the most talent in football. It's one thing for your player to make improvements against the Bengals, against the 49ers is pretty impressive in itself.

iigakusei

Reaction score
The Niners are a better team than us at probably every position but QB and we have battled them right to the end twice.

getnasty

Reaction score
iigakusei":3vkuyc1d said:
The Niners are a better team than us at probably every position but QB and we have battled them right to the end twice.

I said this early, easy to bag on Pete but the fact that we're even in that game says something about Pete in my opinion.

Also thought the OL played really well tonight.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I noticed Russ threw the ball away better tonight. That's a good thing. Sure beats taking a sack. I also understand he is trying to become a smarter player and manage the game with limiting mistakes. That's good too. When he gets all that stuff down to auto react where he doesn't have to think about it so much he'll be able to run for 8 instead of two. A fraction of a second of indecision can be the difference between space and being stopped short. It amazes me to see him just keep getting better.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I was more excited today after a loss than after any loss this season. This one got away but for an undermanned and on paper undertalented team we battle with anybody and I'll take our chances with anybody. Go hawks and go to the bench forever Delano Hill

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
On paper, and with injuries, we should have gotten smoked. But we gutted it out in the 2nd half and clawed our way back in, and as Coach D'Amato says, this game comes down to inches.

Latest posts