Defensive personal for Thursday

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Listening to Around The NFL's game preview for Thurs and one thing they mentioned was since the Bears / Rams game last year, teams are doing things line lining up with extra d-linemen and defensive backs on the field to take away what the Rams like to do. That completely flies in the face of what the Hawks do on D where they are making a name for themselves with less substitution than anyone else. Does anyone think we will see different packages. It's tough for the Hawks cause it looks like it would involve taking linebackers out and that's our strength. Plus Pete had that "this is what we do" mentality vs adjusting.

legend38

Reaction score
Been on my mind all week. We can’t have K.J. or Kendrick’s lined up on Cooks, Kupp, or Woods.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Did you guys not watch the superbowl?

Patriots beat the Rams by stacking the box to sell out and stop the run and then were blitz heavy on 3rd and long.
They weren't laying back in dime zone coverages letting Goff take his time.

Playing a lot of base is exactly the way we'll take the Rams out. Be stout against the run, blitzing Kendricks on 3rd and long.

Everything McVay does is based on a dangerous running attack that you can play action out of. Take it away and let Goff beat you from the pocket.

Fade

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1om6bnww said:
Did you guys not watch the superbowl?

Patriots beat the Rams by stacking the box to sell out and stop the run and then were blitz heavy on 3rd and long.
They weren't laying back in dime zone coverages letting Goff take his time.

Playing a lot of base is exactly the way we'll take the Rams out. Be stout against the run, blitzing Kendricks on 3rd and long.

Everything McVay does is based on a dangerous running attack that you can play action out of. Take it away and let Goff beat you from the pocket.

Bingo.

Stack the box and take away the run. Hit Goff with one good shot early in the game to rattle him, ball game.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This feels like a big game for Ansah and Clowney. Three sacks between the two will make me happy and the crowd will love it.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing the Pats did in the Superbowl was change the defense after communication to Mcvay was cut off.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":26gq0s76 said:
I think the biggest thing the Pats did in the Superbowl was change the defense after communication to Mcvay was cut off.

That would be very Belichek ish.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
getnasty":1nbajbee said:

Yes they definitely disguised coverages until the last second. That gave the blitzes an extra half second to get home. Sometimes that's all you need. Create a little doubt in the QB's mind and have him hold just a bit longer.

Problem with our scheme is that it always leaves a clear gap for the QB to exploit and McVey to see in advance. A little disguise would help a lot.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kendricks is a Speed Demon/Wrecking Ball. This would be the perfect game for him to show what he can do.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Clowney is a game changer tonight. They can’t double team him and still run the ball effectively.

Latest posts