Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonstout

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":25wto5fm said:
Finally someone who doesn't use the you are in an easy division excuse. Steelers 2 titles colts 1 and ravens 2...patriots 4 ...Last 15 SB's...8 AFC 7 NFC....How can anyone talk about no competition in the AFC when those teams have beaten the NFC more. Logic escapes quite a few here sadly. Please someone look at the record of the Panthers this year. That division is the weakest in history i bet. An NFC division...

You misunderstood the point once again. We have been talking division, not conference. Outside of the patriots, there isn't a good team in the AFC EAST. When you get a free pass to the playoffs every year and Pitt/Balt/and recently Cincy beat up on each other while you coast to a top seed playing garbage teams, gives you a HUGE advantage for most of the last 15 years. It's the luck of the draw and at some point it will change. The NFC west was terrible 5-6 years ago, but Buffalo hasn't been good in over a decade, the Jets had a couple good years with a great D, but no offense and Mia has floundered around .500 for the better part of the last 15 years too. When Brady was out for the season, it truly showed what a weak division it was.

As far as Carolina is concerned, they would have given every team in the AFC a good game because they have one of the best defenses in the league.

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
The division you are in is the division you are in. Should the Patriots say ..we'll let the other guys catch up...we feel bad for them.. You're post is below. It doesn't say AFC East. I was on point. You weren't .

""Agree completely that the AFC has sucked for the last 15 years other than a couple seasons when Revis was with the Jets.
Seahawks schedule next year has .559 winning %. NE .447. The Pats regular season records aren't so impressive when you look at their competition.""

vonstout

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":2rbjz2oq said:
The division you are in is the division you are in. Should the Patriots say ..we'll let the other guys catch up...we feel bad for them.. You're post is below. It doesn't say AFC East. I was on point. You weren't .

""Agree completely that the AFC has sucked for the last 15 years other than a couple seasons when Revis was with the Jets.
Seahawks schedule next year has .559 winning %. NE .447. The Pats regular season records aren't so impressive when you look at their competition.""

My bad. I meant AFC East. If you read the last few posts, I think it's clear that I was talking about the teams in the East, I just didn't type it. I understand you cn't change your division, but the "dominance" of your team is helped by a poor division that helps you typically get a bye.

chris98251

Reaction score
I wonder how many AFC teams would want us back in that conference these days.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":g0xymyvl said:
vonstout":g0xymyvl said:
worstsbcalleva":g0xymyvl said:
vonstout":g0xymyvl said:
Agree completely that the AFC has sucked for the last 15 years other than a couple seasons when Revis was with the Jets.
Seahawks schedule next year has .559 winning %. NE .447. The Pats regular season records aren't so impressive when you look at their competition.

yeah peyton mannings colts were terrible and the ravens ..just awful all those years and the steelers....

get a grip
5 sb victories there and 4 from new england..yeah the afc is terrible

You obviously can't figure out that winning a division that includes Buf, Mia, and the Jets isn't a big accomplishment. And since you start out with a 6-0 or at worst, a 5-1 record, you get an artificially high playoff seed. You tried to say the Colts were such a good team, but the Broncos were a lot better than any of those Colt teams and look what we did to them when we were healthy. If not for Bevell, we would have won last week even with Kam's torn MCL, Sherman's damaged ligament, Thomas' torn labrum, and Avril's concussion.

Here are the reasons I can't stand your team:
1) Your puss team complained so much when they had to play back to back games on the west coast a few years ago that they changed the rules so it wouldn't happen again and west coast teams continue to play the early games on the east coast several times a year.
2) Brady crying like a baby to the officials for a flag every time someone touches him.
3) Throw in the cheating and watching Brady stand up and say, "Gee, I didn't notice the balls were flat".
4) Avril gets a concussion and he goes for concussion protocol while Edelman can't even stand up straight and neither your coaching staff or the officials make him go to the locker room to get checked out.
5) If we were gifted the game like you were, I wouldn't be trolling your website acting like we did something great to win the game. I'd be chatting here on the net with the 12's saying we were lucky as hell.

See i told you.

Jealousy.

And the traditional injury excuses. Brady was in a walking boot with a bad ankle before 2007 SB and Gronk couldn't run at all in 2011. Should not have been on the field his ankle was so bad.

Oh yefh the luck thing too.
i watched the Dallas game. Refs screwed them and Dallas lost ....and the Packer game. That was the biggest miracle in history. No luck involved though. Any honest Seahawk fan should say to themselves we should have never been in the SB.

I checked the wikipedia. No mention of spygate. You west coasters know and believe that when the the ride is over Brady Bellichick are the best ever. In fact they already are. The trophys are safe and secure.

Only a fool thinks you can wipe away the success with a phrase. They cheated. The media has stopped for the most part saying that spygate or even this joke of a claim can negate anything. The coronation was last Sunday after Pete and the "best defense in football" gave up 28 points to the best coach QB combo ever.

I am smarter than you all. Before the game i said outloud for all to hear. If New England scores 25 they win because Seattle won't be good for more than 24..

Final score 28 - 24.

Someday Seattle will be hoisting what will be called the the Bellichick trophy.
The only thing I'm jealous of, is that Darrel Bevell wasn't your O-coord last Sunday.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":15tmpco5 said:
vonstout":15tmpco5 said:
worstsbcalleva":15tmpco5 said:
vonstout":15tmpco5 said:
Agree completely that the AFC has sucked for the last 15 years other than a couple seasons when Revis was with the Jets.
Seahawks schedule next year has .559 winning %. NE .447. The Pats regular season records aren't so impressive when you look at their competition.

yeah peyton mannings colts were terrible and the ravens ..just awful all those years and the steelers....

get a grip
5 sb victories there and 4 from new england..yeah the afc is terrible

You obviously can't figure out that winning a division that includes Buf, Mia, and the Jets isn't a big accomplishment. And since you start out with a 6-0 or at worst, a 5-1 record, you get an artificially high playoff seed. You tried to say the Colts were such a good team, but the Broncos were a lot better than any of those Colt teams and look what we did to them when we were healthy. If not for Bevell, we would have won last week even with Kam's torn MCL, Sherman's damaged ligament, Thomas' torn labrum, and Avril's concussion.

Here are the reasons I can't stand your team:
1) Your puss team complained so much when they had to play back to back games on the west coast a few years ago that they changed the rules so it wouldn't happen again and west coast teams continue to play the early games on the east coast several times a year.
2) Brady crying like a baby to the officials for a flag every time someone touches him.
3) Throw in the cheating and watching Brady stand up and say, "Gee, I didn't notice the balls were flat".
4) Avril gets a concussion and he goes for concussion protocol while Edelman can't even stand up straight and neither your coaching staff or the officials make him go to the locker room to get checked out.
5) If we were gifted the game like you were, I wouldn't be trolling your website acting like we did something great to win the game. I'd be chatting here on the net with the 12's saying we were lucky as hell.

See i told you.

Jealousy.

And the traditional injury excuses. Brady was in a walking boot with a bad ankle before 2007 SB and Gronk couldn't run at all in 2011. Should not have been on the field his ankle was so bad.

Oh yefh the luck thing too.
i watched the Dallas game. Refs screwed them and Dallas lost ....and the Packer game. That was the biggest miracle in history. No luck involved though. Any honest Seahawk fan should say to themselves we should have never been in the SB.

I checked the wikipedia. No mention of spygate. You west coasters know and believe that when the the ride is over Brady Bellichick are the best ever. In fact they already are. The trophys are safe and secure.

Only a fool thinks you can wipe away the success with a phrase. They cheated. The media has stopped for the most part saying that spygate or even this joke of a claim can negate anything. The coronation was last Sunday after Pete and the "best defense in football" gave up 28 points to the best coach QB combo ever.

I am smarter than you all. Before the game i said outloud for all to hear. If New England scores 25 they win because Seattle won't be good for more than 24..

Final score 28 - 24.

Someday Seattle will be hoisting what will be called the the Bellichick trophy.

Fortunately for the Pats they started this run in a time when the all mighty dollar is more important to the NFL than integrity and the Pats got a owner who doesn't care how the championships are "earned" and was able to find a coach and QB to match.

ScottWade

Reaction score
"This is what pretty much everything in the country thinks when they think of boston fans. It was great to cheer for the sox to finally break the curse; but since then Boston fans have become the most arrogant fans in America. That includes Dallas and San Fran fans and for that matter Pitt."

Most Seattle fans claim to not be "bandwagon" fans so if this is true, why do they not understand the NYC/Bos thang?
The sports media is NYC driven and then comes L.A. If you were a Boston fan, grew up in the area and rooted for the local teams, you'd also understand.
The Patriots were supposed to remain a doormat team and the Red Sox were supposed to remain highly inferior to the Yankees. We heard about it every day and for most of our lives. Sure, they let us have our Celts, but that was about it. And then just like that, it all changed.
You don't get beat up year after year by both the media (even our own Boston media) and fans and then when the glorious moment happens, when everything changes, just sit back and become quiet. You come out swinging!
Unfortunate that it spilled over, but what else would you expect? Boston fans are not rollovers! We are now in our time and will shout it as loud as possible!
And if you haven't noticed that Seahawks fans are not doing the the same, supporting a nice team that wasn't supposed to rise up to being elite, not supposed to upset NoCal fans, well, you haven't been paying attention. Pre-SB there were many polls and discussions about which of our teams was the most hated (Dallas was always included). Get the proverbial clue.
And as far as arrogant fans go...Went into the local market (I now live in WA) and roughly 6 of your fans stood about 10 feet away laughing about us, us being 2 Pats fans. I went directly over and told the group that there were many NE transplants in the area and good luck w/the game. I winked...(They'll remember that moment the rest of their lives.) Arrogant? Don't laugh!

ScottWade

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":18h1ikg1 said:
Oh my GOD go away. PLEASE.

Why? I live in WA and root for the Hawks, my adopted NFC team, but the Pats are always first since I've followed them from their inception, grew up in Waltham, MA.

This board is for everyone and I do remembering many a Hawk fan daring Pats fans to return here after the SB. I have! Are those bold statements meant only for "if you're the loser?" If so, perhaps a disclaimer would be appropriate...

randomation

Reaction score
ScottWade":2q73xg8e said:
Zebulon Dak":2q73xg8e said:
Oh my GOD go away. PLEASE.

Why? I live in WA and root for the Hawks, my adopted NFC team, but the Pats are always first since I've followed them from their inception, grew up in Waltham, MA.

This board is for everyone and I do remembering many a Hawk fan daring Pats fans to return here after the SB. I have! Are those bold statements meant only for "if you're the loser?" If so, perhaps a disclaimer would be appropriate...

If we had punched it in from the one with Beast like should have happened would you have wanted a dozen Seahawk fans coming on your board every day and "just making conversation". That is why.

rideaducati

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2huz2yug said:
Uncle Si":2huz2yug said:
Sgt. Largent":2huz2yug said:
furi0usbee":2huz2yug said:
All that pole means is that 64% of the country had a *bad* Monday... hangover + Patriots win = another year of misery

1. It's spelled "poll."

2. I think a lot of Pats fans like to justify and comfort themselves on some delusional "everyone just hates us, that's why they're so mad," instead of the reality of the situation which is NFL fans outside the NE area are just tired of seeing your franchise getting spanked and investigated..........and most importantly not owning up to any of it.

So to review, it's not the getting caught part, it's the insufferable arrogance from top to bottom, and especially the fans. I long for the lovable losers from Boston I used to root for, now it's wall to wall jackasses.

Mention "Tuck Rule", and as soon as they start losing their minds, ask about Buckner. They don't know what to do. Its a fun exercise.

1. You'd be surprised at what auto-correct/grammar correct can do to a post.... please forgive Mac OS. Yes, it is "poll."

2. I think people are tired of seeing the Patriots win Lombardi trophies, but that's just me.

3. I will give you Spygate. We did that, we got punished for it. Deflategate? If you are following that story, you will know that is pretty much deflated in its own right. What an embarrassment that will be when the NFL has to come clean the Patriots did nothing wrong.

You pats fans HOPE that deflategate is deflated. I think they found that the pats have been deflating balls for a long time and are trying to find out when they started. They have been doing this for so long that the investigators are having to go back through years and years of film and are finding more and more and more cheating. That is why there seems to be a lull in the deflategate findings. It will come out that they have been doing this for at least five years.

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
"You pats fans HOPE that deflategate is deflated. I think they found that the pats have been deflating balls for a long time and are trying to find out when they started. They have been doing this for so long that the investigators are having to go back through years and years of film and are finding more and more and more cheating. That is why there seems to be a lull in the deflategate findings. It will come out that they have been doing this for at least five years."

Hogwash.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":16r1nkfz said:
"You pats fans HOPE that deflategate is deflated. I think they found that the pats have been deflating balls for a long time and are trying to find out when they started. They have been doing this for so long that the investigators are having to go back through years and years of film and are finding more and more and more cheating. That is why there seems to be a lull in the deflategate findings. It will come out that they have been doing this for at least five years."

Hogwash.

Look, I think the whole thing is silly. However, "the science" as you say does not support the notion that 11 of 12 footballs lost 2 pounds of air in 2 hours. Sorry, it just doesn't. Find me a "scientist" that says it does and you get 10 that say it doesn't. Hell Bill Nye (the Science Guy? Science is in his name) called out the Pats.

Simple resolution to all this, from one fan to another, just accept your team took an advantage. 2 pounds of air from a football is not adding 12 men to the play, doling out HGH or stealing someone's playbook. Most NFL fans don't care at all.

But what does get annoying is the irrational defense of something so inane to begin with. Brady did it, has been doing it. Why? Because he prefers it. Why did he lie? Because at that moment he was worried about a drastic penalty. If this was week 6, its over. But it wasn't, so it's not.

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
The fact that fans of every other team in the league resort to the same old tired lines when talking about the Patriots is simple.

They can't utter a few true phrases about their own teams. The more i hear the lines the more i realize how little faith you all have in your own.

Sad really.

Try it.

"We just weren't good enough."

"They are better than we are."

C'mon try it.

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ed68p0d said:
worstsbcalleva":1ed68p0d said:

Hogwash.

Look, I think the whole thing is silly. However, "the science" as you say does not support the notion that 11 of 12 footballs lost 2 pounds of air in 2 hours. Sorry, it just doesn't. Find me a "scientist" that says it does and you get 10 that say it doesn't. Hell Bill Nye (the Science Guy? Science is in his name) called out the Pats.

Simple resolution to all this, from one fan to another, just accept your team took an advantage. 2 pounds of air from a football is not adding 12 men to the play, doling out HGH or stealing someone's playbook. Most NFL fans don't care at all.

But what does get annoying is the irrational defense of something so inane to begin with. Brady did it, has been doing it. Why? Because he prefers it. Why did he lie? Because at that moment he was worried about a drastic penalty. If this was week 6, its over. But it wasn't, so it's not.

The reporting you all jumped on is the 2 pound below thing. Mort said "as much as" 2 psi. If you open your ears you are now hearing that one ball was . The one the Colts handled. hhmmmmm.....the others were a tick under. A ball set right at 12.5 inside a climate controlled room at 78 degrees will certainly drop psi when brought outside to 45 degree temps. Any 9th grade science teacher can tell you that. Nothing will come of this as the league doesnt even chart the pressures and you can't penalize a team because the laws of science and nature are absolute. Get off it. You'll feel better.

Brady has said he likes a soft ball a few years ago. Meaning this. When they prep the balls he wants them set to 12.5 Others like them hard like Rodgers. Set to 13.5

Uncle Si

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":exhg0w44 said:
The fact that fans of every other team in the league resort to the same old tired lines when talking about the Patriots is simple.

They can't utter a few true phrases about their own teams. The more i hear the lines the more i realize how little faith you all have in your own.

Sad really.

Try it.

C'mon try it.

Why don't you move it over to the Shack then? You will get your answers from a good handful of poster's there.

As for this, not sure who you are directing it to (or is this another attempt of yours to get attention?)

Brady let the air out of the footballs. Or, to be specific, someone (not Mother Nature, whom, despite the noun associated with female birth giver is not an actual person) let the air out of the footballs. And any 9th grade science teacher as you so eloquently refer to (I imagine this would be your current teacher?) would tell you that the length of time for this to take place would be far more than the hours given to play the football game. But I digress, because I truly don't care.

My question is, given that this really is a ridiculous thing to care about, why are Patriots fans so quick to defend that it didn't happen instead of simply attacking how ridiculous the uproar is?

You see, you encourage it to continue by defending something not worth the trouble. The logical correlation being maybe it is something worth defending... and the cycle continues.

Asking others to "try it" is hypocritical to the narrative you keep feeding.

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1k8vfghv said:
worstsbcalleva":1k8vfghv said:

Sad really.

Try it.

C'mon try it.

Why don't you move it over to the Shack then? You will get your answers from a good handful of poster's there.

As for this, not sure who you are directing it to (or is this another attempt of yours to get attention?)

Brady let the air out of the footballs. Or, to be specific, someone (not Mother Nature, whom, despite the noun associated with female birth giver is not an actual person) let the air out of the footballs. And any 9th grade science teacher as you so eloquently refer to (I imagine this would be your current teacher?) would tell you that the length of time for this to take place would be far more than the hours given to play the football game. But I digress, because I truly don't care.

My question is, given that this really is a ridiculous thing to care about, why are Patriots fans so quick to defend that it didn't happen instead of simply attacking how ridiculous the uproar is?

You see, you encourage it to continue by defending something not worth the trouble. The logical correlation being maybe it is something worth defending... and the cycle continues.

Asking others to "try it" is hypocritical to the narrative you keep feeding.

Because the fans of the teams that we beat instead of looking at how they werent good enuff resort to "they cheat" ...Sad really...

Take my suggestion

We werent good enough
They are better than we are

And the whole thing is silly or as i said earlier...Hogwash..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Brilliant. So you really have no idea outside some generic pubescent rage as to why you are still on here then?

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
spying on the team that might get back to playing us in SB 50...

BB and TB sent me out as an advanced scout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts