Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":2lhimokt said:
Incorrect as heating the balls to 150 degrees was never part of the explanation.

Also, you keeping pointing to the ideal gas law. That provides only theoretical calculations. FFS I literally remember using the ideal gas law in chem lab to find the theoretical value, and then running the experiment to find the actual value and recording the difference. There's a significant difference in the two even in a laboratory setting not to mention the football world where there are far more variables.

PV=nRT is virtually irrelevant in this case.

Can you point to one scientist who would agree that it's possible to increase the PSI of a football by rubbing it?

Laloosh

Reaction score
My dog is a pats fan and he's been hiding in shame all week. He won't eat, he won't sleep, he just keeps burying his tennis balls like he's afraid someone will test them.

vonstout

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":2gg1n6yg said:
vonstout":2gg1n6yg said:
pats(t)roll":2gg1n6yg said:
Teams break in the balls by using them in practice and rubbing them down. Brady even said that. If your team was doing something to raise the temp so they would get "flat" afterwards, I'm betting the league will agree with me that they were cheating since as I already showed you would require the air temp to be over 150 degrees to cause the ball to go down to 10.5 psi.

I really doubt the team nuked the balls before hand. The officials would have to noticed if they picked up a ball that was over 100 degrees

See. I've shown you facts and you are agreeing that BB's STORY doesn't add up

Incorrect as heating the balls to 150 degrees was never part of the explanation.

Also, you keeping pointing to the ideal gas law. That provides only theoretical calculations. FFS I literally remember using the ideal gas law in chem lab to find the theoretical value, and then running the experiment to find the actual value and recording the difference. There's a significant difference in the two even in a laboratory setting not to mention the football world where there are far more variables.

PV=nRT is virtually irrelevant in this case.[/quote]

That is truly hilarious. You must not be very good in a lab then, because it can easily be proven to be reliable. Are you going with the well proven story that Bill and Tom said it, so it's true. You say nobody is giving any proof and when you see the proof, you say it's not relevant. You say we are all haters. I say you aren't very intelligent.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1j9vrnfi said:
50yrpatsfan":1j9vrnfi said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1j9vrnfi said:
I'm starting to feel a little concerned for the mental health of all these cheating defenders. It's going to be catastrophic when the hammer falls. I guess that's what the airtight denial mode is for, to protect against the impending nuclear meltdown.

Beyond just having factual evidence from an investigation, haven't you guys been watching the NFL? They banned a head coach for an entire year just for maybe kinda not forcing his D coordinator to stop an internal bounty system that may or may not have had any affect on the game. The NFL banned a player for a year for punching his fiancee, something that had nothing to do with the game. The Patriots have called into question every game they've played over the past 7 years or so. They've put Goodell in a position to look like either a man of integrity intent on defending the shield from tarnish, or the billionaires' stooge.

Your team will pay dearly. Either get used to it and deal with the reality of the siituation, or continue with your "haters gonna hate, we're victimized, conspiracy, fake science" nonsense. Your proneness to Patriots propaganda doesn't matter to other fans, or the game next Sunday, or the future of the League. How you choose to confront the crime and punishment only affects your own psyche.

Call 1-800-IHATENE. You'll be connected to a counseling service intended to help people manage their Patriots hate so it doesn't consume their whole life. It's a nationwide org, with active chapters in many cities. There's got to be a local office in the Northwest and/or BC, from what I've seen on this board the past couple of days.

Most group plans cover it, and I think now that this crisis has reached epidemic status across the US, Obamacare may even as well. Good luck. Recovery is 1 day at a time.
Cute story. Feel free to browse any of my 1800 posts. You won't find one mention of hating the Patriots, because I don't and never have. I'm simply not a fan of cheating, nor am I prone to propaganda.

So I refer you to my previous statement: your airtight denial mode serves only to protect yourself against the impending punishment, and remaining in that mode only affects your own psyche. That and others' perception of you as irrational.

But if you value blind team allegiance over ethics, that's your right. All we're doing is showing you the pitfalls of such priorities, what scientific inquiry can prove, and the NFL's history of dealing with people who mess with the integrity of the game and cast doubt on the League's veracity. Whether you accept or understand it doesn't matter, and you've made it clear that you will not.

Show me the video of a pats employee deflating our footballs and I will demand that the organization clean house and BB be fired

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":a6kha1yp said:
Show me the video of a pats employee deflating our footballs and I will demand that the organization clean house and BB be fired

Well, you never know what's going to come out in the next few weeks, but I doubt that the deflating went on out in the open. All I know is that Aaron Hernandez should pray that he's getting people like you on his jury - "Pics or it didn't happen", right?

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
From Headsmart Labs in Pittsburgh

“We took 12 brand new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would
have experienced throughout the game.” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs. “Out of the
twelve footballs we tested, we found that on average, footballs dropped 1.8 PSI when being exposed to
dropping temperatures and wet conditions.”
During testing, twelve brand new footballs were inflated to 12.5 PSI in a 75 degree Fahrenheit room.
This was to imitate the indoor conditions where the referees would have tested the footballs 2 hours
and 15 minutes before kickoff. The footballs were then moved to a 50 degree Fahrenheit environment
to simulate the temperatures that were experienced throughout the game. In addition, the footballs
were dampened to replicate the rainy conditions.
HeadSmart Labs found that on average the footballs dropped 1.1 PSI from the 25 degree temperature
change alone. The Lab also found that when the leather was wet, the ball dropped an additional 0.7
PSI. In combination, it was found that on average the footballs lost 1.8 PSI with a max of 1.95 PSI from
exposure to game day elements.

Rex

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":2hbj4bsv said:
"Most Hawk fans don't have any problem with the patriots success. It didn't come at our expense. And we see beating the Patriots in 2012 as part of Wilson's emergence as a QB.

But nobody likes liars."

The lying occurs as soon as the rules are broken. As soon as a player uses a substance that he has signed a contract saying he won't use, he is a liar. So, I don't know how you watch the NFL when literally every single team in it lies at some point.

From the "Tuck Rule" to the Cheatriots getting the memo from the NFL that the officials wouldn't call penalties against their secondary in order to steal XXXVI to Tape-Gate to Deflate-Gate it is an undeniable culture of cheating by the Cheatriots and condoned by the evidence destroying accomplice the NFL! CHEATRIOTS should have forfeited the AFC Championship game to the Colts.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1366rq52 said:
pats(t)roll":1366rq52 said:

Well, you never know what's going to come out in the next few weeks, but I doubt that the deflating went on out in the open. All I know is that Aaron Hernandez should pray that he's getting people like you on his jury - "Pics or it didn't happen", right?

It did happen even if we cant prove it did, right? Guilty till proven innocent, right?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":3vk4b0h2 said:

“We took 12 brand new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would
have experienced throughout the game.” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs. “Out of the
twelve footballs we tested, we found that on average, footballs dropped 1.8 PSI when being exposed to
During testing, twelve brand new footballs were inflated to 12.5 PSI in a 75 degree Fahrenheit room.
This was to imitate the indoor conditions where the referees would have tested the footballs 2 hours
and 15 minutes before kickoff. The footballs were then moved to a 50 degree Fahrenheit environment
to simulate the temperatures that were experienced throughout the game. In addition, the footballs
HeadSmart Labs found that on average the footballs dropped 1.1 PSI from the 25 degree temperature
change alone. The Lab also found that when the leather was wet, the ball dropped an additional 0.7
PSI. In combination, it was found that on average the footballs lost 1.8 PSI with a max of 1.95 PSI from

This is all related to the issue of temperature and it would have affected all of the balls. . . . again, can you point to one scientist who believes you can INCREASE the PSI of a football by rubbing it?

This is what Belichick claims in his press conference, i.e. their prepping of the football increased the football's PSI by one.

chris98251

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":tdin9gr4 said:

I guess this phenomenon only happens to Patriots balls and not Colts or anyone else then.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":34ne5h58 said:
Funny how I'm apparently the irrational one here. You guys are the ones who's hatred for the patriots is driven by the fact that they had a camera in the wrong location 8 friggin years ago. I can forgive and forget your players' rampant PED use which is much more recent. Doesn't bother me at all.

No evidence?

So the NFL didn't measure the balls below the league limits?

So the statistical data showing significant change in fumble rate to the tune of near impossible levels since 2007 when they finally had the ability to affect the footballs condition is not evidence?

So your coach coming out and stating they inflate the balls to below legal limits is not evidence?

I'm pretty sure you could watch a video of Belicheat himself letting the air out and you would say that means nothing.

Simple question. If BB explained how the air pressure increased during the prep process how does that explain that the temperature then dropped below the allowable limit at game time? Unless it was never filled to the legal limit to begin with.

The only way for his example to be valid says he inflated the balls to below allowable limits knowing they would increase from prep and then decrease when the temperature lowers. How is that not cheating? If he aired the balls to the legal amount and then prepped them when they cooled they would return to legal limits. So he is admitting to a strategy to skirt the rules and trick the officials. Again, by his own admission is cheating.

Let me tell how his explanation should have gone.
Bill: Okay we air up the balls to 10.5PSI and then we prep them in such a way that the air inside heats up and expands to the legal limit. Then we give the balls to the officials to inspect. This happens a couple hours before the game starts so in that time frame the balls cool off and they return to 10.5PSI just the way we like em.

In a nutshell that is what he said. Do you not consider that cheating?

As for PED's get real. There hasn't been anything for several years and since well before our super bowl run and everyone was sent packing. In fact you guys signed Browner when we chose to not extend him an offer directly related to his drug use but I see it didn't stop you guys. So get off your high horse. The Cheatriots are well known and documented cheaters who been found guilty and punished for it and that was your coaching staff and management. Not a few idiots who tried to gain an edge to make the team.

Your team is under the microscope now because of your history of cheating, not because nobody wikes poor widow you. They all hate you so much they created a tuck rule to save your ass. Give me a break. You should have lost that super bowl also.

As for owning the NFL? That's another joke. Take away your cheating and you probably don't have one super bowl. You play in the easiest division in football and are gifted 6 games a year. If you were in the NFC west you probably wouldn't even been in the post season right now.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
hawknation2015":dnhl7zaa said:
pats(t)roll":dnhl7zaa said:

This is all related to the issue of temperature and it would have affected all of the balls. . . . again, can you point to one scientist who believes you can INCREASE the PSI of a football by rubbing it?

This is what Belichick claims in his press conference, i.e. their prepping of the football increased the football's PSI by one.

Can you point me to one scientist who has performed multiple studies in which he took authentic NFL footballs, inflated them to 12.5 psi, applied a typical NFL team's preparation methods to it, then measured the psi, and finally concluded that it is entirely impossible for those methods to have an effect on the air pressure of the footballs?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":35tav287 said:

PV=nRT is virtually irrelevant in this case.

You know why you were given that assignment in a Chem 1 lab, right? It was to show you how very sloppy your technique is, and what a significant affect it can have on the outcome of an experiment. Where you may come to wrong conclusions because your sloppy technique causes your outcome to differ from what actually happened, so you ascribe the difference to some cockamamie hypothesis which doesn't fit the science. The purpose of that lab is to show you your weakness in the lab, and to reinforce the fact that the ideal gas law is called a 'law' because it has been proven over the years to be an exact representation of the physical world in exact precision. And never irrelevant. That's just stupid and ignorant. Or was yours run in high school, where the actual purpose is to give you a basic introduction to measurement techniques?

And for some small amount of cred here, I'm a Nuclear Engineer with several degrees (and a FAR better understanding of physics that you, apparently!). :roll:

TBtoRG

Reaction score
I love the unintelligent claim that the Pats will have trouble adjusting to properly inflated balls in the SB. This silly claim ignores the fact that we played with properly inflated balls in the 2nd half of the AFCCG and performed significantly better than we did in the 1st half with under-inflated balls.

Be ready Seattle. You're going to be humiliated for the first time in 2 years. Game won't even be close.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TBtoRG":3u4vobwo said:
Be ready Seattle. You're going to be humiliated for the first time in 2 years. Game won't even be close.

Solid take. Would read again.

kearly

Reaction score
2011 wasn't two years ago.

The Pats have controlled their game balls in ever game they've played since 2007 with the exception of two: Super Bowl 42 and Super Bowl 46. Obviously, New England proved they could light it up with 12.5 PSI footballs in those games, when they scored 14 and 17 points respectively and lost both games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1csboqnj said:
2011 wasn't two years ago.

And no.

It sure feels a lot like 2014 doesn't it kearly?

Pats fans have no clue whats about to happen. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.