Delay of game at the end

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This one is on the coaching staff, Pete acknowledged it.

S-L-O-W ball has it's price.

I'm disappointed that Lynch didn't have a chance to pound it in.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It didn't look like they knew the clock was even ticking..

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Pete said unfortunately everyone was acting like it was a time out and didn't respond to the clock ticking... He took full blame...

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
That was really, really costly to you and a key point in the game which ended up being a difference too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aw Mang":3vcumd8w said:
No situational awareness at this level. Amazing.
Seriously, you'd think a coach's eyes would be glancing at the clock no less frequently than once every 10 or 15 seconds in the final minutes of a close game you're behind in. If he needs to have three different assistant coaches constantly watch the clock for him just so they can tap him on the shoulder in situations like that, then do it. This isn't the first time we've seen abominable clock management mistakes. It's about as inexcusable as the players who get DUIs when the league has a free taxi service available to all players 24/7/365.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20aov3h7 said:
Aw Mang":20aov3h7 said:
Seriously, you'd think a coach's eyes would be glancing at the clock no less frequently than once every 10 or 15 seconds in the final minutes of a close game you're behind in. If he needs to have three different assistant coaches constantly watch the clock for him just so they can tap him on the shoulder in situations like that, then do it. This isn't the first time we've seen abominable clock management mistakes. It's about as inexcusable as the players who get DUIs when the league has a free taxi service available to all players 24/7/365.
So should he have assistant coaches who is responsible for clock management to tell him what’s going on and what to do next? I have always thought that head coaches would have somebody to help out for such things like that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Inexcusable, period, end of story. Disgusting actually. In that situation, with the division title on the line?!?!

At the goal line with a chance to hand it off to Beast Mode for the win which would send the fans into a collective orgasm.

Yet, delay of frigging game.

Unbelievable.

Subzero717

Reaction score
It was such a weird sequence of events with Fant going down, the confusion that caused, 3 different RBs that hadnt played all year and the entire offense looked like they were operating as if no clocks were running at all.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Imagine a Belichic coached team doing that in that situation lol

Aw Mang

Reaction score
And Pete face looking surprised when he realized he fkup the playcalls

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2mzn6ml8 said:
Aw Mang":2mzn6ml8 said:
I can’t say it any better than this. Inexcusable junior high level coaching mistake.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As good as Pete Carroll has been for us, he will deliver these absolutely b@tsh!t crazy moments when it comes to clock management. Just unreal actually. Where is your awareness? Especially when the division title is on the line???

I watched his press conference. He takes full ownership. Well whoopdeedoo. It's like getting the letter from the NFL on Tuesdays when they acknowledge they blew a game-changing call the entire planet noticed two days earlier.

So maddening!!

Aw Mang

Reaction score
In this kind of situation when time is running out, the coach should just let the QB calls his own play. They should have done that in practice for situations like this. I would imagine the likes of Brady/Rodgers would have been allowed to call their own shots.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gnwgqgci said:
Aw Mang":gnwgqgci said:
I can’t say it any better than this. Inexcusable junior high level coaching mistake.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This is another glowing example of poor clock management from this staff . It’s not new it’s more of a trend

xray

Reaction score
I was on my feet ready for Lynch to seal the game up ; with no doubt in my mind . I forgot to consider that coaching could blow this game up in my face again. WHY :?:

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Pete got the call from NY. Don’t win. They insured the loss with the nonPI.

Madison Ave always wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Mind-numbingly stupid at this level. Just inexcusable. I hope he learns from this and realizes he and his staff need a “situational” coach who can take over in these situations.

Seriously, they had time to think about what to do on the 4th down play before they converted the first down and clocked it. Because either it’s a TD or it’s a first down inside the 2! Call the damn play prior to that play and the spike. Dopes!

Latest posts