Denver & Kansas City's combined record vs above .500 teams

SeaTown81

Reaction score
0-1.

Kansas City hasn't played a team over .500, and the only team Denver has played was Indy, who they lost to. I'm not saying this means these aren't good teams. But that is one crazy stat.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I haven't looked at their opponents schedules but if a few of them are hovering around .500, say, 4-5, then that would skew the numbers a bit. Of course, if they lost those games then I suppose that their record against .500 and above teams would be even worse.

edit: I am not sold on the dominance of either of those teams to be honest.

Largent80

Reaction score
AFC is really weak, and if Manning gets hurt more seriously, Indy is the best team, and may be anyway

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Largent80":uecfogso said:
AFC is really weak, and if Manning gets hurt more seriously, Indy is the best team, and may be anyway

Indy cannot run the ball whatsoever, so I would still take Denver over them up until the point that Osweiler is the regular starter, I think.

I do think Indy is better defensively, but not by enough to cover the gap between them and Denver on the ground.

OP
OP
SeaTown81

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Here's the reason I don't want to dump on them too hard for the strength of their schedules. KC has the weakest SOS, Denver the 3rd weakest. Guess who is #2? One hint. They have bad ass uniforms and the best young qb in football...

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeaTown81":ui86pku5 said:
Here's the reason I don't want to dump on them too hard for the strength of their schedules. KC has the weakest SOS, Denver the 3rd weakest. Guess who is #2? One hint. They have bad ass uniforms and the best young qb in football...

Freaking Niners, keep hurting our SoS with their losses.

OP
OP
SeaTown81

SeaTown81

Reaction score
You can only beat the teams placed in front of you. But it will always give people cause to question just how good you are.

KC has a great defense, and Denver has a great offense. It will be interesting to see how they look as the season progresses.

Polaris

Reaction score
You are sure the 'hawks have the second weakest and by what standard? Carolina is 6-3 and so are the Niners. Indy I think is 6-3 as well, and I believe Arizona is 5-4. That's four teams right there with a winning record. Denver has faced one team with a winning record (and lost) while KC hasn't face any team with a winning record.

I'd say on the face of it that Seattle has played a much harder schedule.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Seattle was that high when we have played so many teams with winning records. Where did you get that info from?

Polaris

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1xr074yk said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/order/true

SOS

KC - .357
SEA - .407
DEN - .410

The Hawks' strength of victory isn't quite as bad. At .378, it's the 11th worst.

My point is that the way ESPN does it is deceptive. I would use the Football Outsiders metric to compare strength of schedule. If you do (using DVOA) then you find that KC and Denver (esp KC) have far weaker schedules than anyone else.

I don't buy that a team that's had to face four winning teams out of ten has a weak schedule.

McGruff

Reaction score
SeaTown81":pce5xv0l said:

But we have three victories against teams with winning records. That, like, an infinity more than they do.

Polaris

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1ky9br5w said:
How is it different exactly?

You don't think that facing four winning teams and beating three of them, is different than facing a *combined* (Den/KC) one winning team and losing that one is different?

OP
OP
SeaTown81

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I'm not saying we don't have a better strength of vicotry than KC and Denver. We do. But our overall strength of schedule is right there with them.

Polaris

Reaction score
SeaTown81":36mphj57 said:
I'm not saying we don't have a better strength of vicotry than KC and Denver. We do. But our overall strength of schedule is right there with them.

Then perhaps SoS is a poor measure at least as ESPN measures it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The combined records of the Falcons/Buccaneers/Jaguars destroys our SOS. If you took out those three games, it'd be much, much higher. (You're talking 4-23, IIRC) But it's not, and there's no shame in it.

Latest posts