Detroit Tigers @ Seattle Mariners Jul 14-16

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah. We've got to start showing some real conviction here that we're not just some little fringe sideshow that's not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
That's a helluva pitching matchup. Probably gonna be tough for either team to get much going offensively with those 2 guys on the mound.

Chapow

Reaction score
Scott got to the ballpark today with the idea to start Pollack and Moore.

Both came through in the 5th. Pollack with a base hit to load the bases. Moore a couple inches shy of a grand slam, but still a 2 rbi double. M's would have 0 runs without those 2 guys 🤷‍♂️

Chapow

Reaction score
This ump can suck a big floppy donkey d1ck. That was awful.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Disappointing way to start off the 2d half of the season. Had their chances.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We nearly came back. Ford should have started coming out of the break. No reason to start Pollock over him.

Julio looked pretty bad there on that last AB.

Not exactly the start you want out of the break, especially with the favorable schedule. Need to win the next two games.

NoGain

Reaction score
They just don't have enough bat in the lineup. They're always just a couple of timely hits away from winning games. It always seems to come back to last off season when they had a chance to get more bat and they let it pass.

Crizilla

Reaction score
13 strikeouts. How long do we pretend this hitting coaching staff is any good? Do they even have the guys hit balls off the tee in practice? Ford goes yard in his only at-bat. Kelenic doubles after he got in the game due to Frances ejection. JK still with a respectable OBP. Ford is still hot. Yet Scotty doesn't start either of them.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I'm starting to think the City Connect unis are cursed. Have we won a home game on Friday night lately?

Crizilla

Reaction score
They just don't have enough bat in the lineup. They're always just a couple of timely hits away from winning games. It always seems to come back to last off season when they had a chance to get more bat and they let it pass.
No clutch hitting. Losing Santana and Frazier and Hanny hurt this team. The Ms just barely had enough clutch to get by the past 2 seasons. (Their pitching has mostly carried the team though). This season the hitting is magnified and we are seeing what this line up truly is. We are seeing what this hitting/coaching staff is all about, and it's not much.

As a fan I want to see them trade 2 starters/prospects for some bats. Build a legit line up first. Hire a big league experienced hitting coach. Get Scotty an energy drink. Have someone step up and grow a pair and tell the dude not to sit hot guys. The hitting coaches are probably too scared to say anything. Probably why they were hired. Bunch of yes men who are there for a paycheck.

Back to my other point, have the guys hit off the tee at a good clip. I know the blue jays do that. In baseball practice is most worthy because hitting the ball is so challenging and risk of injury is pretty low. These guys need to be coached. Captain Obvious reporting in.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm not a knowledgeable enough baseball guy to know how much this lineup can be coached up from the hitting side of the equation. But I'm just smart enough to know that we've got the starting pitching, got the relief pitching, got enough fielding to win. Our lineup is not just not productive or scary enough. We need another thumper, and we need another high average/OBP hitter. Those two things could easily have us at least ten games over .500 now.

I'm a little meh about the trade deadline. I'm more interested in us recognizing the obvious need this coming off season and doing something about it.