Detroit Tigers @ Seattle Mariners Jul 14-16

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Both came through in the 5th. Pollack with a base hit to load the bases. Moore a couple inches shy of a grand slam, but still a 2 rbi double. M's would have 0 runs without those 2 guys 🤷‍♂️
Kelenic says “hello!”.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I looked at pollocks ab's this year: over 125. Made me wanna puke. No team in the top 10 in payroll would let a scrub like that have that many chances at the all star break.

Chapow

Reaction score
M's pitching gave up 5 runs on 3 HR's to one of the worst offenses (and one of the worst HR hitting teams) in baseball.

stack55

Reaction score
That last at bat with Julio was pathetic. Even in little league our coach
would tell us that when you have 2 strikes, you have to protect the plate
and swing at anything that looks like a strike. That pitch was down the
middle. Your not going to win games with the bat on your shoulder.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
That last at bat with Julio was pathetic. Even in little league our coach
would tell us that when you have 2 strikes, you have to protect the plate
and swing at anything that looks like a strike. That pitch was down the
middle. Your not going to win games with the bat on your shoulder.
Yeah, called strike 3's are one of my pet peeves as well.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how none of our hitters choke up with 2 strikes? I remember Boone would choke up and change his entire stance with 2 strikes. Anyone remember that? Lol it was kind of funny looking

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how none of our hitters choke up with 2 strikes? I remember Boone would choke up and change his entire stance with 2 strikes. Anyone remember that? Lol it was kind of funny looking
Actually, I think JP does. They don't often give us a close up of the batter between pitches. I remember being taught that when I was growing up, playing ball. It gives better leverage and speeds up the bat head through the zone. In this modern swing for the fences era not many players seem to do that.

stack55

Reaction score
Detroit teeing off on Kirby. None of the mariners are hitting where they ain’t. Detroit is slashing our gaps. Almost a collision with Hernandez and Rodriguez.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Another double digit strike out game. Back to back home series losses against bad teams. Scotty has lost the team. The fans that have been calling out this hitting staff and managing decisions are dumb though right...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Struggling pitchers with high ERAs dream of playing the Seattle Mariners.
To quote Bob Uecker in the movie major league “3 f*****g hits!?!?!”. *

* I think the actual quote was “2 f*****g hits”…. But it still applies here.

Chapow

Reaction score
Another double digit strike out game. Back to back home series losses against bad teams. Scotty has lost the team. The fans that have been calling out this hitting staff and managing decisions are dumb though right...

Which managing decisions would you say caused this loss? Our 2nd best starting pitcher, who was an all star, gave up 6 runs to one of the worst offenses in baseball. Our lineup tonight was arguably the best lineup we have to work with minus Wong instead of Cabby. But let's be honest, Cabby has been struggling at the plate for awhile now after a hot-ish start and was absolutely not the difference between a win and a loss tonight. Hell, Wong got one of our, what? 3 hits?

I don't think you're dumb. I just think you're misguided if you sincerely believe the manager is the biggest problem with this team.

We're in here quibbling over which crappy player should have been in the lineup over whichever other crappy player, like it would have made the difference, while the rest of the league is laughing at this joke of an offense the M's put together in the off season. God forbid they go out and actually build a legitimately good offensive team.

Chapow

Reaction score
Our best offensive players this season have been our back up catcher and a 31 year old DH that has been a career AAA/replacement level player at the MLB level.

But sure, the managing decisions are the problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts