Detroit v Dallas

samwize77

Reaction score
Tough to watch...I rarely get pissed about a non-hawk game, but this one did it.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sports Hernia":1vy4juiq said:
Smelly McUgly":1vy4juiq said:
If you guys really think the league is fixed, why do you keep watching? Honest question.
Because I love my football team. The NFL can go %#@& itself as far as I Am concerned. If you don't think the NFL steers games for desired results the sake of revenue, I don't know what to tell you. XL* and this farce are examples of my case.

OK, see, I'm not getting this. If the NFL steers games for the sake of revenue, the product isn't legit. I mean, I enjoy pro wrestling, but we all know that it's not actual athletic competition in a traditional sense. When I watch the NFL, I expect actual athletic competition.

Why would you invest time in a product that isn't legit when you want a legit competition?

Ockham's Razor is probably just that the refs suck at their jobs, especially since so many of them are old and out of shape, and the players are elite athletes moving at high speed. But if you're rationalizing that the NFL is steering games rather than this, I don't see how loving your football team would at all be an excuse for watching games where you believe that certain teams are steered to beat them unless you just like the spectacle of football and don't care about the athletic competition part.

sc85sis

Reaction score
"That's the best defense we've played all year by far."

Thanks for that, Romo. Our guys love to play with a chip on their shoulder and will remember that if you get past Green Bay.

kf3339

Reaction score
This game just proves how you can't let a team stay close because if needed the refs will decide the game for you. That's what Detroit just found out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sc85sis":3gvu1qnp said:
"That's the best defense we've played all year by far."

Thanks for that, Romo. Our guys love to play with a chip on their shoulder and will remember that if you get past Green Bay.
Oh yeah. Guarantee they've already heard that comment.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kf3339":3l1b4c3c said:
This game just proves how you can't let a team stay close because if needed the refs will decide the game for you. That's what Detroit just found out.
Which is why we will need to dominate against GB or Dullass if and when we beat Carolina.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
kf3339":wnm2uqhx said:

so true...if peypey wasnt an incompetent qb in the sb the same woulda happened last year...that would of been the end of the nfl in my house

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This game is just more proof that Stafford > every other QB in the NFL except Rodgers. He totally didn't disappear that half.

gulliver

Reaction score
jake206":106mic6u said:
These aren't the droids we're looking for.
B6i7tQzCcAAXVjQ
That was a bad one... there were also several other key holds. The top 2 I saw were a defensive hold no-call on 3rd down that ended a long Detroit drive, and the worst of all was in the 4th quarter when the Dallas LG or LT literally wrapped up and pile-drived a Detroit defender as Romo was trying to escape.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!

To the inevitable folks who can see anything and think it's all hunky-dory, you just have to ask yourselves: why is it we can tell you it's going to happen before the game, and then complain about it when it happens? Don't you think we would be wrong more often?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1vqos538 said:
This game is just more proof that Stafford > every other QB in the NFL except Rodgers. He totally didn't disappear that half.

To be fair, it isn't like he has a lot of weapons on offense......

:)

irocdave

Reaction score
Man, that was hard to watch. I feel for Lions fans, and Cowboy fans, NFW you should be puffing your chest out over "winning" that game. Anyone else notice Fox cropped out the left tackle tackling the D lineman on that "game winning " TD pass highlight?

Picking up that PI flag, just wow. Letting that line hold / tackle on almost every play?

Anyone that watched that game doesn't think the NFL uses refs to influence the outcome of games, pull your head out of the sand.

falcongoggles

Reaction score

Latest posts