Detroit v Dallas

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A lot of us saw this coming. Bad and missed calls benefiting Jerry's kids. I am pissed I was SO right about this.

Cant wait for Deano's explanation of this, I hope someone questions him on his "Dallas party bus" incident this summer.

Time for Deano to fall on his sword and resign, 'cause we know Rog doesn't have the man marbles to fire him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3ig4cak4 said:
SeatownJay":3ig4cak4 said:
gulliver":3ig4cak4 said:
jake206":3ig4cak4 said:
Oh you couldn't possibly be talking about this play? :177692:
B6i61eZCAAAmzbt
This is a good screen but it doesn't even catch the DPI pushing, with arm extended, before the ball gets there.
It also doesn't catch that the defender was pulling on the receiver's jersey right before that.

Sorry but that play should have been opi. Pettigrew ggrabbed and pushed on his face mask.
BS.

Northhawk

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":uyzxde8x said:
Anyone know what Green Bay fans are saying?

I'll bet they aren't looking forward to the Cowboy refs heading to the Frozen Tundra.

I tried finding an active board but their forums are a dead zone unless I missed the main one.

I don't think the refs would do the same thing to the great Rodgers. There would be calls for a congressional inquiry.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
What's interesting is that in the transcript, Morelli says the face guarding was okay and allowed.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":pb5pp3mb said:
What's interesting is that in the transcript, Morelli says the face guarding was okay and allowed.

Faceguarding is when the defender is facing the receiver rather than playing the ball. It's not a penalty unless the defender makes contact before the ball arrives that significantly hinders the receiver from catching the ball.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Then why is that against the rules in any level of football? That's just playing good football lol...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3kqjewuu said:
Then why is that against the rules in any level of football? That's just playing good football lol...

It's not at the college or pro level. Some HS football leagues prohibit it . . . perhaps because there are fewer referees to distinguish whether there is significant contact?

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2r80gs4r said:
Faceguarding is when the defender is facing the receiver rather than playing the ball. It's not a penalty unless the defender makes contact before the ball arrives that significantly hinders the receiver from catching the ball.

Which he did.

Though it's a fair point that there should have been offsetting penalties. In which case it's 3rd and 1 instead of 4th and 1.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hawknation2015":29ybizn1 said:
dontbelikethat":29ybizn1 said:

It's not at the college or pro level. Some HS football leagues prohibit it . . . perhaps because there are fewer referees to distinguish whether there is significant contact?

Dude said it was a penalty in college, but not professional football...but it makes no sense if he's right.

B6jb lNIYAEY8is

hawknation2015

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1l2lmmb3 said:
hawknation2015":1l2lmmb3 said:
dontbelikethat":1l2lmmb3 said:

Dude said it was a penalty in college, but not professional football...but it makes no sense if he's right.

B6jb lNIYAEY8is

He's wrong about it being a penalty at the college level.