Dez, Yeah let's go get Dez!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If there's no tape nothing will happen and it probably shouldn't because who knows how truthful it is.

But I like that Schefter is careful about what he reports. He's not comfortable releasing any info because of his reputation. It'd be irresponsible for him to come out with anything because he doesn't have all the answers and cannot confirm. On the flip side this morning Ian Rappaport comes on NFLam and says "I have discovered a 7th incident involving Dez and the police. This incident happened at a Walmart where a female was dragged across the parking lot and thrown into Dez's car" this guy is so desperate to be relevant he will say whatever he needs to say just to "break" a story...shameful "journalism" but from him it's not surprising. Of all the insiders he's easily the worst and the last to confirm. His main source is Adam Schefter's Twitter account.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2o52ksmd said:
Sgt. Largent":2o52ksmd said:
HawkAroundTheClock":2o52ksmd said:
In the season of speculation, false fronts, and red herrings, this is the weirdest story yet. It brings every facet of this pre-FA period into play. Is it an extortion ploy perpetrated by some Walter Sobchak-ian "amateurs," a smokescreen from the Cowboys, from agents, the League itself? Have officials really known about the tape "for months" or does it not even exist? So weird.

Kinda what I was thinking, a PR stunt by the Cowboys to smear Bryant's name around a little in order to lower his value.

I hope that's not the case, cause that's some fo serious sleazy tactics.
Well Adam Schefter has confirmed the existence of the video and what's on it. Said he first heard about it in September.

But it's four years old?................Stuff that's hidden for four years smells of blackmail or leverage.

TAB420

Reaction score
That's for the courts to deal with, the NFL is more worried about whats on the video.

drdiags

Reaction score
If Adam is correct, chance to see if Pete and John will overlook his past transgressions

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdarnSchefter/status/570976888505696256[/tweet]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drdiags":fmutgtjq said:
If Adam is correct, chance to see if Pete and John will overlook his past transgressions

Very interesting

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":o395y9h2 said:

Interesting...I would have thought they would do the reverse. I wonder if anybody will take a chance on him? The physical talent is undeniable but he is known to be a complete mess off the field. As a theorectical question if the situation was a reality if both Dez Bryant and Josh Gordon were available in FA which would you go after? Or would you pass on both entirely?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Locking Dorial Green-Beckham into the 27th slot in my mock draft. It makes too much sense if Dez ends up being destroyed by this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":1ik2gz8d said:

I'd say no.

If Dez and the Cowboys can't agree on an extension, than that means Dez is looking for at least Mike Wallace money, if not Megatron money. That's 12-16M a year.

Considering we're still paying for the last WR we gave that kind of money too, my guess is Pete and John are a little gun shy about doing it again with another headcase...........especially one that's just going to catch passes in a 50% run first offense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wow, if Dallas is letting him test free agency and tagging a RB then there must be some truth to this.

Especially after Dallas said they would tag Dez a few weeks ago.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":27oz8r22 said:
drdiags":27oz8r22 said:

Very interesting

It's a fake twitter account. AdarnSchefter

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ty2y2js said:
Hawkfan77":1ty2y2js said:
drdiags":1ty2y2js said:

Very interesting

It's a fake twitter account. AdarnSchefter

That's a shame, because the real AdamSchefter is usually pretty accurate.....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdarnSchefter/status/562457580052971521[/tweet]

(For those who didn't get it from the above post....YES IT'S FAKE)

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tsclcqx said:
drdiags":2tsclcqx said:

I'd say no.

If Dez and the Cowboys can't agree on an extension, than that means Dez is looking for at least Mike Wallace money, if not Megatron money. That's 12-16M a year.

Considering we're still paying for the last WR we gave that kind of money too, my guess is Pete and John are a little gun shy about doing it again with another headcase...........especially one that's just going to catch passes in a 50% run first offense.

We are still paying for the last WR but we "saved" $7million salary last season by trading him so that is actually $7M better than if we had cut him at the end of the season. Came out to a net 0 basically

drdiags

Reaction score
kidhawk":4vxc3q18 said:
(For those who didn't get it from the above post....YES IT'S FAKE)

Ouch! I follow Schefter so must have figured it was real. Some joker I follow must have re-tweeted this. Whomever it was has deleted it and isn't listed among those who re-tweeted this. I got took. Damn it!

EDIT: So I got the tweet from Derek Stephens, the local blogger who does the various evaluations of the Seahawks. Since I follow the real Schefter, I should have noticed that I didn't see a direct tweet from him and added this up as the fake it is. So cannot blame anyone but myself. My only defense is that my eyesight sucks so that Adarn looks like Adam to these old eyes in small print.

Stupid imposters, almost as bad as identity thieves. :34853_doh:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":31qrn4l3 said:
HawkFan72":31qrn4l3 said:
OK, so Dez will still likely be tagged then.

depends on if that video is real.

I'm sure TMZ is on the case as we speak, which would add another black eye to Goodell and the bungling idiots at the NFL offices, who will again look like they were trying to hide this thing.

Not sure how many black eyes Goodell can take without hitting the canvas, apparently a lot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am of the opinion that the video will be a lot less damning than is being speculated. If it had been that bad, there would have been criminal charges filed in 2011.

In fact, when I found out that NFL.com was the site really breaking the story today, it felt like the NFL was helping the Cowboys in trying to drop the pricetag on Dez. Which they have doing with a whisper campaign about police "incidents" for some time now.

And Ian Rapaport is pretty self aggrandizing.

kearly

Reaction score
Satirists like FauxPelini are geniuses, but I never understood the guys who try to convincingly fake News reporters. They troll others for their own personal enjoyment, unlike the satirists who share the fun with others. All that effort just to know you probably fooled a few people out there even though you didn't even see them get fooled. I don't get it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":yr4u398o said:
Satirists like FauxPelini are geniuses, but I never understood the guys who try to convincingly fake News reporters. They troll others for their own personal enjoyment, unlike the satirists who share the fun with others. All that effort just to know you probably fooled a few people out there even though you didn't even see them get fooled. I don't get it.

I agree.

But, Adarn Shefter, if you read this board, you fooled me for a few minutes.