Did the Percy debacle cost us the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutz

Reaction score
Would only have affected our seeding if he'd stayed, and I think negatively. Even if he hadn't been here, we couldn't have really done better than the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Playoffs? No effect at all. Harvin wouldn't have made that catch, either.

Besides, there were several things that happened during the game that prevented us from winning.

Giblien

Reaction score
If the rumors surrounding Tate and RW's wife were true...NOTHING would have kept Tate here. NOTHING.

Rat

Reaction score
Giblien":24vgrrna said:
If the rumors surrounding Tate and RW's wife were true...NOTHING would have kept Tate here. NOTHING.

Except for more money.

PackerNation

Reaction score
tgbaraka":pk1i9scy said:
Well, I can't say whether he affected the superbowl in any way, but he did cost us a lot of cap space last year that could have been used elsewhere. On top of that he might cost us getting a big name FA this offseason as the Seahawks have $7.2 million in dead money because of him this season.

Not to mention a lot of draft picks. I think a healthy, contributing Percy Harvin would have easily been the difference this year. Percy is a head case, or at least he has been in the past. Maybe he'll finally get his head screwed on straight and realize football is a team sport and way above and beyond anything he has done so far.

I actually wish the Seahawks could recoup all that money. Guys like him don't deserve it.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawk fans dont fully understand how bad the Harvin trade was for us.

Does anyone here actually think we would have won the Super Bowl last year if harvin was healthy for the season? The Hawks were able to make the Super Bowl because Harvin wasnt hurting us on the field and wasn't able to cause problems in the locker room. The hawks were able to run THEIR offense instead of the Percy Harvin offense.

If the Hawks had signed/traded for a real WR instead of Harvin we would have gone 19-0 in 2013.

As for 2014, the Hawks absolutely win the Super Bowl by double digits (and possibly go 19-0, again) if we had Tate.

I told everyone when we traded for him that it was the worst move in team history and one of the worst in NFL history.

Harvin cost us a perfect 19-0 season in 2013, and hurt us enough to cost us the super bowl in 2014 (though by that logic a number of things could have made the difference in 2014 so it wasnt ONLY harvin).

Harvin is my most hated athlete to ever play for a Seattle team. A cfl quality WR masquerading as an nfl player, and he fooled enough people to get a huge contract....

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Rat":eltsnkoq said:
I think he absolutely would have helped. I was against trading him to the Jets at the time, and still am.

I can at least respect the argument that any abrasive force in the locker room needs to be moved (I agree with that on some teams, not this one), but I can't buy the argument or "proof" that moving Percy was the right move just because the team had a better record without him. Wagner and Chancellor being out/hurt early in the season was a huge factor for the slowish start, in addition to a few other things. This team is too good to have not still gotten better with Percy.

Also didn't help us much that we had nothing resembling a return game most of the season. Hard to argue that he wouldn't have been helpful there, even if you didn't like him as a wideout.
Harvin was also terrible on the field.

How would harvin have helped us when the guy is as bad or worse than Bryan Walters? Harvin was GARBAGE on the hawks.

At least some athletes put up big numbers while hurting the team overall, Harvin was just a loser who couldn't do anything right on the field.

If you think Harvin would have made us better then you clearly have never watched him play.

chris98251

Reaction score
Percy is a Jet this thread is off track now and is not about the Seahawks anymore. In fact it had little relevance to the Seahawks in the beginning since he was long gone by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.