Did you know that Minn had 3 starters out on D?

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
SkolVikes":2uq8bold said:
Ambrose83":2uq8bold said:
volsunghawk":2uq8bold said:
To be fair, if we were playing a game without Sherman, Wagner, and Bennett, we'd probably think that was a fair explanation of any struggles we had on defense.

And honestly, I'd be surprised if we put up 38 on them again. I still think we win by 10+, but not by 31.

except barr, joesph and the other guy are not the same as mentioned above.... it also has no bearing on the offense putting up a goose egg.

For you to say this means you know little about Barr, Joseph, and the other guy ( harrison smith ).
All three would be probowl bound if they didn't get injured. As if that means anything, the pro bowl is the 2nd biggest joke of the NFL.... behind Roger Goodell.

They still aren't close to Sherman, Wagner and Bennett

HawkGA

Reaction score
volsunghawk":g0snbqvj said:
Seahawk Sailor":g0snbqvj said:
volsunghawk":g0snbqvj said:
To be fair, if we were playing a game without Sherman, Wagner, and Bennett, we'd probably think that was a fair explanation of any struggles we had on defense.

And honestly, I'd be surprised if we put up 38 on them again. I still think we win by 10+, but not by 31.

Their offense, who weren't out those star players, didn't put up a single point against us. Zero. At home. Against a team without its first and second running backs and only real threat at tight end. Those facts have nothing to do with their defense being shredded.
Which is why I didn't say anything about their offense.

Technically not true. More stops, better field position for their offense could easily cause a score or two (field goals, perhaps). Of course if Seattle can tighten up their kick-off coverage, that puts Minn back at about the same number of points!

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
It's not going to be a blowout. We will win. Pass Rush is the key. Teddy gets flustered still. The balance then goes to AP who will better control TOP.

We will struggle in the middle and give them 10 points. Maybe 7 on a pass. We have to post 21 to win either all in Q1 or through the game.

Their 3 starters will have an impact but not insurmountable. If we score first we win. They aren't a come from behind team with only a rushing threat.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":i63utkze said:
volsunghawk":i63utkze said:
Seahawk Sailor":i63utkze said:
volsunghawk":i63utkze said:

Their offense, who weren't out those star players, didn't put up a single point against us. Zero. At home. Against a team without its first and second running backs and only real threat at tight end. Those facts have nothing to do with their defense being shredded.

Technically not true. More stops, better field position for their offense could easily cause a score or two (field goals, perhaps). Of course if Seattle can tighten up their kick-off coverage, that puts Minn back at about the same number of points!

Regardless of field position, I expect that the Vikes will struggle against our D. While I think holding their offense scoreless again might be a tall order, I think we can keep them under 15 points.

I see this as a 27-14 type of game. A game where the outcome really isn't in doubt, but not a blowout like the previous game.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
Smellyman":3f3si4e2 said:
SkolVikes":3f3si4e2 said:
Ambrose83":3f3si4e2 said:
volsunghawk":3f3si4e2 said:

except barr, joesph and the other guy are not the same as mentioned above.... it also has no bearing on the offense putting up a goose egg.

For you to say this means you know little about Barr, Joseph, and the other guy ( harrison smith ).
All three would be probowl bound if they didn't get injured. As if that means anything, the pro bowl is the 2nd biggest joke of the NFL.... behind Roger Goodell.

I beg to differ. And I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that. Besides your three players play different positions than my three players.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
except barr, joesph and the other guy are not the same as mentioned above.... it also has no bearing on the offense putting up a goose egg.[/quote]

All three would be probowl bound if they didn't get injured. As if that means anything, the pro bowl is the 2nd biggest joke of the NFL.... behind Roger Goodell.[/quote]

They still aren't close to Sherman, Wagner and Bennett[/quote]

I beg to differ. And I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that. Besides your three players play different positions than my three players.[/quote]

our 3 are all pros and regarded at top 1 or 2 in the NFL at the spots they play.... your 3.... not so much.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
volsunghawk":c75zn4f0 said:
Seahawk Sailor":c75zn4f0 said:
volsunghawk":c75zn4f0 said:

Fair enough. Point still stands that they scored zero offensive points. Could easily have been a shutout were it not for the kick return touchdown. When there are key missing pieces on both sides of the ball, one would expect fairly equal footing with fairly equal teams. Their defense was dinged; our offense was. We scored at will. Their offense was intact; or defense was. They were shut out. That's the point.

SkolVikes":c75zn4f0 said:
Smellyman":c75zn4f0 said:
SkolVikes":c75zn4f0 said:
Ambrose83":c75zn4f0 said:

I beg to differ. And I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that. Besides your three players play different positions than my three players.

I'm sorry; I had to look those guys up.

hawk45

Reaction score
I dunno, if Lane plays and locks that other side down then it could be a blowout because I just don't see where their points come from. AP is always dangerous but this entire season the one thing our defense has never wavered on is rush defense.
It's still the NFL but this is just such a favorable matchup for us.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, just 3? It looked as if if their whole starting D was out most of the game along with most of their starters on O. I actually did know that fact b/c as others have mentioned the commentators reminded us of it all game long, i suppose they were somehow trying to take away the totality f the beatdown the hawks laid on them. Considering how many starters the hawks had/have out reminding anyone of the fact another team was undermanned is a bit of a joke.

Minnie still is a one dimensional team and very dependant upon Peterson having a strong game for them to succeed on O. Stuff their run game and it forces Bridgewater to actually try to win a game which plays to the strength of the Hawks D. At present the spread is Seahawks - 5.5 which is a pretty good indication some 'experts' think the same as us.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
How much closer would you all say the Vikings D-line and LBrs are to the Rams, now that they have everyone back? If that's our kryptonite, then it may be harder for us on offense to score.

That doesn't change the fact that our D should hold them to less than 17 points, on a bad day.

Polaris

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3dh2rxkw said:
How much closer would you all say the Vikings D-line and LBrs are to the Rams, now that they have everyone back? If that's our kryptonite, then it may be harder for us on offense to score.

That doesn't change the fact that our D should hold them to less than 17 points, on a bad day.

That's what the Viking Fans are (forlornly) hoping for but that doesn't pass the sniff test. Of all the playoff teams, the only teams that even approach the level of the Rams in D-Line and LBs are Carolina and Houston.....and we are a good match-up against Carolina. Houston is probably the closest to the Rams in terms of play, talent, and mentality, but they are AFC and I somehow don't see them making it to the big dance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2pytve4o said:

I don't think any front 7 in the league compares to the Rams..............ours is the closest IMO.

Obviously the Vikings being pissed off for us kicking their ass a month ago, it being the playoffs and some of their players back should make this game closer.

But don't forget, we also have players back, and our offense is WAY better than the Vikings offense. Sorry, I just can't see Bridgewater playing out of his mind in his first playoff game in 10 degree temps.

Maybe it's close for a half, but I see us pulling away and winning comfortably.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I love it when opposing fans thing they have DB as good as ours. The LOB will be on point this weekend, and show Minny fans what the difference is from a few good players in purple, vs great players in blue.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Smellyman":1oqe8jjc said:
When the seahawks played them?

That is all I read about in every article and on every forum on the web. John Lynch and whoever did a disservice saying that every 3 seconds on the broadcast. How many Hawk players have been out? How many on every fricking NFL team.

3 players out or not, they still scored 0 points on offense.

I expect a different game on Sunday, but sheesh....Minnesota didn't lose because 3 were out on D.
So glad this was a sarcastic thread title. Had it been serious I was about to unleash. Tired of hearing about this as well.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
It was actually 4 starters because the other Safety opposite smith was ALSO out before the game started like Joseph was. Smith and Barr both came out after the first series.

While the Vikings offense struggled the defense the Vikings are going to play is going to be completely different than the one the Seahawks saw a few weeks ago. There is alot more that the Vikings can do when they have Barr, Smith, Joseph and the other safety back.

For how good the Rams Dline is the Vikings managed more sacks on the season with 43. Vikings also have the #14 and #16 players in hurries for the season, those being Griffen and Robison. Rams first player was 48th, William Hayes followed by Donald at 71st. Only had 10 less hurries than the Seahawks overall for the season and had more than the Rams total. Danielle Hunter is also playing more and has 6 sacks on the season in limited time. He is 2nd in sacks for rookies. Almost the same defensive snap % as Frank Clark for a Seahawk Comparison.

Before that Seattle game with the injuries they were also 2nd in the league in points allowed.

I think the Seahawks D will hold the Vikings to less than 20. It will depend on the offense vs their defense and if its like we have played the last half of the season minus the Rams game we should be fine. I just think people are underrating the Vikings a little bit even though we blew them out. They did manage to go to both Denver and Arizona...the #1 and #2 seeds from each conference and come within a FG of beating both and had the ball to win in both. That was also when Denvers D was head and shoulders above everyone else at the time and crushing qbs.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Watching the Vikes and GB game, i was far from impressed tbh. Neither team looks.... good. But I won't look past them. I will say regardless of who they got back on defense, our offense still creates enough mismatches to make it seem irrelevant who they got back.

canfan

Reaction score
Smellyman":3khd3cr8 said:
SkolVikes":3khd3cr8 said:
Ambrose83":3khd3cr8 said:
volsunghawk":3khd3cr8 said:

No but Smith is close to Earl. Harrison Smith is one of the best young safeties in the league. You may remember him. He's the guy who tackled Rawls in the backfield for a loss on the first play of the game. Went out with an injury later in that same drive.

chris98251

Reaction score
If we get the lead Viking will go into catch up mode, end of game, Vikes don't have the guns to play from behind, they relie on AP and the dink and dunk and time of possession and ball control much like us but we also incorporate the explosive play, Vikes hope AP can explode.

QUILCENE

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone would bring up the temperature being a factor in the Vikings favor.

The coldest temp they have played in this year at TCF Bank was 20 degrees, and in 2014 they played two games under 32 degrees.

The 0 degree isn't going to be a factor in their favor, like they have all this experience playing in it.