Didn't think Kansas City beat the record?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is extra stupid. The only one who wins is Guinness, who gets free publicity and their name in the press now for however long it takes for this to go away.

I fully expect them to release something saying they'll be back for the MNF game against the Saints to see if we can now top KC. Then on and on. Either way, dumb.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah by doing this the same year as us it basically kinda ruins the whole thing for everybody. They should have waited a season for it. Kinda just makes the whole thing seem illegitimate at this point.

dunceface

Reaction score
well maybe Chiefs fans will not be such whiny babies now... we still have a better home field advantage

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawknballs":z19u8v23 said:
yeah by doing this the same year as us it basically kinda ruins the whole thing for everybody. They should have waited a season for it. Kinda just makes the whole thing seem illegitimate at this point.

My thoughts exactly. Now I'm sure well rebuttal and top it. Then KC will do it again and top that. Then Minnesota will try.

It's just stupid. Let KC have it. Their only claim to fame is BBQ. They need it more.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":d67xg5et said:
This is extra stupid. The only one who wins is Guinness, who gets free publicity and their name in the press now for however long it takes for this to go away.

I fully expect them to release something saying they'll be back for the MNF game against the Saints to see if we can now top KC. Then on and on. Either way, dumb.

This.

As long as we don't have to read about it every other week, I am indifferent. I've already seen some folks who are deeply disturbed by the fact that another stadium just might generate more noise and I couldn't care less.

We set the record, let it go now, folks. Nobody remembers what the final piloted speed record was, but they can generally tell you who broke the sound barrier.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
They had 10K more fans in their stadium and "beat" us by less than one decibel. They shouldn't be bragging, they should be embarrassed. Me thinks they will be when Seattle takes the record back. Here's to you Chiefs fans! :moon.:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Attendance at KC's game yesterday where they beat our record: 76,394.
Attendance at Seattle's game where we set the 136.6 record: 68,338.

They had 12% more people PLUS their big screen prompting people all game and barely beat our record.

Kansas City better hope we don't try in the playoffs, we'll lay waste to their new record.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Good for them. The whole point of this 'break the record' thing is to engage the fans in the game and honor their contribution. Football is great in that fans can genuinely alter the game itself to some tiny degree, whereas I don't really think it happens nearly as much in other sports. The Chiefs, by all accounts, have a great fanbase, an incredibly loud stadium, and deserve to be recognized as such.

I think that going for it so quickly after Seattle broke it is going to make the whole thing seem rather tawdry in the eyes of the rest of the nation, which is a shame. No one likes needless one-upping and copycatting. Which is why I hope Seattle lets it stand for a while. I don't think anyone doubts the passion of Seattle fans nor the intensity of our home-field advantage, and I don't buy for an instant that Chiefs games are louder moment to moment than Seahawks games. But there's no real way to prove that, and the Chiefs are probably the only other fanbase in the NFL that should be compared to CLink anyways.

Latest posts