When the limelight were shining on them, Geno didn't wilt, Russell did.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been using this chart from PFF to talk up Geno for months, Geno and Russ were graded the same for 2021 but Russ excelled under pressure, Geno didn't, I was quite worried about Geno's lack of poise.

BUT tonight, when whole nations' limelight was shinning on both of them. Geno elevated his game, Russ clearly didn't, even chickened out with game on the line. One thing to remember, Geno threw ONE INT since he stepped in at the Rams game last season. That's 7.5 games, against some pretty good defense, ONE INT. let that sink in.

Geno vs Russ

JPatera76

Reaction score
And last yr russell was umm tied for 2nd with 5 ints. But hey Imma "ride" my happy buzzed ass to bed its midnight here!
On that note..

I know a lot have said and I def see it. I see it in the interviews in the post game, the players tweets.. this team has a 2011ish vibe to it. Renewed, refreshed, and hungry.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I have been using this chart from PFF to talk up Geno for months, Geno and Russ were graded the same for 2021 but Russ excelled under pressure, Geno didn't, I was quite worried about Geno's lack of poise.

BUT tonight, when whole nations' limelight was shinning on both of them. Geno elevated his game, Russ clearly didn't, even chickened out with game on the line. One thing to remember, Geno threw ONE INT since he stepped in at the Rams game last season. That's 7.5 games, against some pretty good defense, ONE INT. let that sink in.

View attachment 54493
positives: he was 17/18 at one point. looked confident, like he belonged. no turnovers. kept us in the game.

something to clean up going forward: geno either needs to step up into the pocket and/or get the ball out sooner. playcalling became utterly conservative in the 2nd half, so 2nd half problems weren't all on him.

overall, an impressive... and perhaps unexpected performance.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Geno didn't play a perfect game, but he played above expectation, folks all expected his game to crack under limelight, but he didn't.

Russell on the other hand, played below his norm, and I couldn't believe that he chickened out at the last play.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Geno didn't play a perfect game, but he played above expectation, folks all expected his game to crack under limelight, but he didn't.

Russell on the other hand, played below his norm, and I couldn't believe that he chickened out at the last play.
I thought Geno played well but i still think he has things to prove. He needs to be able to make a long drive , eat the clock and score to win the game. He had that chance tonight and didnt do it... he got sacked.. i feel the reason the hawks won the game to night was defensively... they just had some incredable goal line stands... defense won this game tonight... im not trying to take anything away from Geno he showed poise and played well but he got lucky Denver missed the FG... thats just the truth...

This was a great win tonight for the Seahawks definately something to build off of... tons of work to be done to become a good football team... lots of mistakes to be fixed...

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I thought Geno played well but i still think he has things to prove. He needs to be able to make a long drive , eat the clock and score to win the game. He had that chance tonight and didnt do it... he got sacked.. i feel the reason the hawks won the game to night was defensively... they just had some incredable goal line stands... defense won this game tonight... im not trying to take anything away from Geno he showed poise and played well but he got lucky Denver missed the FG... thats just the truth...

This was a great win tonight for the Seahawks definately something to build off of... tons of work to be done to become a good football team... lots of mistakes to be fixed...
It takes a really good QB having a really good game to singlehandedly win a game. it's my believe that lousy QB can singlehandedly lose a game. Geno didn't have a perfect game tonight, he had a near perfect first half, the second half was so so.

But he did enough to win, no turnovers, no misread, etc., He clearly was more poised than Russ, I didn't think it was possible, but son of a gun did it. I am happy for him.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I agree he was awesome in that first half i was really impressed... im really happy for him and i really am excited to see him play against SF... Geno was really good tonight.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score

View attachment 54493
RW is more comfortable out there than Geno. Playing will help Geno out a lot and Drew Lock will get a better understanding of what it takes to win in the NFL.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

View attachment 54493
Don't forget that that single interception happened because Lockett tripped.