Digits are going down

James in PA

Reaction score
Purdy is like an average MLB pitcher who starts off the game well but is now on his 3rd time facing a good batting order. The wheels are coming off. He's been figured out.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Back to back weeks where everyone in the NFC West lost except the Seahawks.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Purdy is still concussed and shouldn’t be playing. Carroll wouldn’t let him play. Shanahan did. Shanahan is going to ruin his career.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Purdy is still concussed and shouldn’t be playing. Carroll wouldn’t let him play. Shanahan did. Shanahan is going to ruin his career.

I don't think that's up to the HC. the concussion protocol and all that but I might be wrong.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He may have passed the concussion protocol, and been cleared to play, but he was obviously still dealing with a concussion. A good coach would have recognized it and pulled him. A great coach would have recognized it before the game started.

knownone

Reaction score
Purdy's been near the top of the league in turnover-worthy plays since last season. It's not shocking those plays are coming back to bite him. That's just who he is.

Fade

Reaction score
I came to post this.

I couldn't believe he was playing, but then I remembered his coach had the last name Shanahan.

morgulon1

Reaction score
No, they are all INTERCEPTION MACHINES. Just because some might have more doesn't change the fact that Geno needs to HURRY UP and get his shit together.
Yeah , that's like saying " we both crapped our pants but I didn't crap in mine as much"

I really don't know how I think of this .

cymatica

Reaction score
Who would have thunk a Shanahan would put a QBs health in jeopardy

cymatica

Reaction score
Yeah , that's like saying " we both crapped our pants but I didn't crap in mine as much"

I really don't know how I think of this .
Actually, if I got away with just a bad shart while you full on crapped your pants, I'd feel pretty good about myself

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He may have passed the concussion protocol, and been cleared to play, but he was obviously still dealing with a concussion. A good coach would have recognized it and pulled him. A great coach would have recognized it before the game started.
To follow up on this. Roughly 20% of players clear protocol without missing a game, so it isn't unprecedented. I'm not sure how many of them do it on a short week, and only get cleared on the day before kickoff, but it's a small number. Purdy is the first one to clear and play in one week this season.

Purdy did all right, but, to my eye, played slightly off during the first three quarters. It looked like they game planned around it, leaning heavily on the run game, and giving him easy reads and throws, but that is pretty much their base offensive formula, so it may not have been an adjustment.

I believe Purdy aggravated his concussion on the Pratt interception, at the end of the 3rd quarter. Niners were down 17-10, and Purdy put up a slightly underthrown pass that was tipped and intercepted. Hell of a play by Pratt, BTW. On the runback, Purdy was blocked, and hit his head on the turf. I think he aggravated the concussion on that hit.

Next play for Purdy resulted in the second interception, on a bad read and throw. 9 times out of 10, Purdy doesn't make that throw. I think he was off.

The subsequent drive put Cincinnati up 24-10. Purdy put together a pretty good drive to get back to 24-17, then the Bengals made it 31-17.

At 1:59 of the 4th quarter, Purdy throws another int, that was negated by a bullshit roughing the passer penalty. However, he clearly aggravated the concussion, and should not have been left in the game.

Why they put him back on the field, and made him actually play, down 31-17, with 12 seconds left, after clearly hitting his head once, and debatably twice, is beyond me.

They simply don't give a shit about his long-term health.

He shouldn't have played this game, and he should have been pulled during the game.

Latest posts