Disconcerting to say the least

StoneCold

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21xtmzib said:
Because for some people, it matters HOW it looks when the team wins. Makes zero sense. The W or the L, the only thing that matters. Does the guy win? Has he been clutch in the playoffs? Clearly he is a very clutch QB.

I'm not implying that RW is Fernando Rodney, but last year FR had 40 some odd saves. He was a winner. He seemed to flirt with disaster, but he almost always came through. This year? Not so much. When you dance on the cliff you increase your chances of going over.

Is this what we're seeing in RW? The playoff games? The Preseason misses? I'm not running around in circles, screaming and shouting about it, but that intentional grounding play made me put down my beer and sit up on my couch and say WTF was that?

Just saying it was disconcerting.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just hard to put any stock in pre-season that's all. Lynch has played a total of 3 plays all pre-season. Okung was out in game 3. Completely different offense w/Beast in there.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":h5ni2n5c said:
It's a lot more than 2 percent that are critical of Wilson. A hell of a lot more. Of course he only wins because of the Defense and the running game. He clearly has nothing to do with the team winning :roll:

I know I was trying to be nice.

Anthony!

Reaction score
StoneCold":2mmytdzh said:
SoulfishHawk":2mmytdzh said:
Because for some people, it matters HOW it looks when the team wins. Makes zero sense. The W or the L, the only thing that matters. Does the guy win? Has he been clutch in the playoffs? Clearly he is a very clutch QB.

I'm not implying that RW is Fernando Rodney, but last year FR had 40 some odd saves. He was a winner. He seemed to flirt with disaster, but he almost always came through. This year? Not so much. When you dance on the cliff you increase your chances of going over.

Is this what we're seeing in RW? The playoff games? The Preseason misses? I'm not running around in circles, screaming and shouting about it, but that intentional grounding play made me put down my beer and sit up on my couch and say WTF was that?

actually you kind of are given Rodney has struggled this year in real game snot glorified practices. Wilson had a 110 Qb rating in the SB far from bad. In his last 10 games including the playoffs he only had 3 games with a QB rating below 90. Again not much of a pattern at all. Wilson has 3 years of great play to back him up. If the play that is getting you so worried is the grounding one then I think you are worried for nothing, its pre season, that person was in their so fast there was no place to go, and he was still inside the tackles so he could not even throw it away. We also know Wilson doe snot make the same mistake twice often so you are likely no going to see it again anyway. I think all of you are worried about nothing, in some cases some of you, not you, are making crap up. Wilson has been playing at a very high level for 3 years he has earned the benefit of the doubt. Also as I said Rodgers just had a bad game in his 3rd game, same with Brady, manning etc. not a big deal.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anthony!":35o2o52u said:
KiwiHawk":35o2o52u said:
SoulfishHawk":35o2o52u said:
Putrid in the post season? Um, he had them one yard from a Super Bowl victory, and an amazing comeback in the NFC Championship. My god this guy can't do anything right for some people :thirishdrinkers:

I guess it's his fault Kearse dropped those passes. And I guess just any quarterback could bring the team back like he did. :|

I think you are cherry-picking the comeback portion and forgetting the poor play that got us behind in the first place.

The Seahawks should never have been down in the Super Bowl. Wilson was innacurate, especially on 4th down, and dug us a hole.

Same with Green Bay - had our defense not held Green Bay to field goals when Wilson turned the ball over in our half of the field, we would have been blown out. Even then, had Green Bay not had a complete meltdown of both execution and brain activity, we lose that game because of Wilson's absolutely nightmarish first half.

Your argument is very much like saying if someone sliced your arm open and then stitched it back up just before you bled out, you should thank him for saving your life.

You don't credit Wilson for comebacks when he caused the necessity to come back.

:pukeface:

Best part of this is Andrew Luck does the same thing, has a skittish start then gets it together and pulls out the win.. and many many people on this board call him overrated for it.

Wilson does it and he's amazing.

It's fantastic.

For the record not bashing Wilson or Luck, just pointing out the irony of how this fan base perceives Wilson compared to other players

StoneCold

Reaction score
Anthony!":3h7jv53l said:
StoneCold":3h7jv53l said:
SoulfishHawk":3h7jv53l said:

actually you kind of are given Rodney has struggled this year in real game snot glorified practices. Wilson had a 110 Qb rating in the SB far from bad. In his last 10 games including the playoffs he only had 3 games with a QB rating below 90. Again not much of a pattern at all. Wilson has 3 years of great play to back him up. If the play that is getting you so worried is the grounding one then I think you are worried for nothing, its pre season, that person was in their so fast there was no place to go, and he was still inside the tackles so he could not even throw it away. We also know Wilson doe snot make the same mistake twice often so you are likely no going to see it again anyway. I think all of you are worried about nothing, in some cases some of you, not you, are making crap up. Wilson has been playing at a very high level for 3 years he has earned the benefit of the doubt. Also as I said Rodgers just had a bad game in his 3rd game, same with Brady, manning etc. not a big deal.

What I see is a series of bad games this preseason by Wilson along with some bad play in the last two games last year. Wilson has been unable to allude the rush, has missed open receivers and made enough un RW like passes that it concerns me. You can go on thinking it's nothing and you may be right, but I'm not making up the bad passes in the NFC Championship, the almost complete collapse of the offense in the 4th quarter of the SB nor the poor decision and execution this preseason.

Not to mention the Rolling Stone reporter noted he was showing a bit of paunch. I think it's possible there are too many distractions and RW is not working as hard has he has in the past.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3nef2gp4 said:
Anthony!":3nef2gp4 said:
KiwiHawk":3nef2gp4 said:
SoulfishHawk":3nef2gp4 said:
Putrid in the post season? Um, he had them one yard from a Super Bowl victory, and an amazing comeback in the NFC Championship. My god this guy can't do anything right for some people :thirishdrinkers:

I guess it's his fault Kearse dropped those passes. And I guess just any quarterback could bring the team back like he did. :|

I think you are cherry-picking the comeback portion and forgetting the poor play that got us behind in the first place.

The Seahawks should never have been down in the Super Bowl. Wilson was innacurate, especially on 4th down, and dug us a hole.

Same with Green Bay - had our defense not held Green Bay to field goals when Wilson turned the ball over in our half of the field, we would have been blown out. Even then, had Green Bay not had a complete meltdown of both execution and brain activity, we lose that game because of Wilson's absolutely nightmarish first half.

Your argument is very much like saying if someone sliced your arm open and then stitched it back up just before you bled out, you should thank him for saving your life.

You don't credit Wilson for comebacks when he caused the necessity to come back.

Best part of this is Andrew Luck does the same thing, has a skittish start then gets it together and pulls out the win.. and many many people on this board call him overrated for it.

It's fantastic.

For the record not bashing Wilson or Luck, just pointing out the irony of how this fan base perceives Wilson compared to other players
:13:

Either way it doesn't matter what position you take on this topic you are screwed on the board either way.

Regarding Wison in the SB it was a team loss in my opinion. Defense didn't hold off the Pats and the offense didn't score enough points and struggled like they always do in the redzone and 3rd downs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. Just about everyone out there wants to dwell on ONE play. The D gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Just as much the reason they lost as that one play. Not that most people would ever talk about that.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Wilson always starts games with accuracy issues. And since it's pre-season, the start of the game is the only time Wilson is playing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27y62abz said:
It's a lot more than 2 percent that are critical of Wilson. A hell of a lot more. Of course he only wins because of the Defense and the running game. He clearly has nothing to do with the team winning :roll:

Since when was it not ok to be critical of Wilson? It should be much more than 2%, the guy has been struggling, and in the midst of a very polarizing stance regarding his contract, and his place in the league.

Are we to the point as a fanbase where Wilson can do no wrong?

We criticize, at times, nearly every other Seahawk player, yet Wilson gets kid gloves?

Your last strawman statement is silly. Of course he is part of our winning. But he isnt the sole or even main reason. He is a part of the equation, and that is what makes our team so special.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And when did I say he was THE reason they win? He's just a big part of it. Be critical all you want, that's part of sports. He's not always gonna' play a great game. Even Mr. Perfect Manning, Lord Brady and Rodgers have bad games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":z8pld7hv said:
Are we to the point as a fanbase where Wilson can do no wrong? .

Oh I guarantee you this dynamic is changing this year after Russell got paid. It already is just with his poor performance in the preseason.

He's now going to join the ranks of the other highly paid QB's like Brady, Manning (both), Cutler, etc.........every bad game is going to be met with a lot of "I told you he wasn't elite............I told you we shouldn't have paid him"

"With great contracts come great expectations." - Abraham Lincoln.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. Go 16-0 or feel the wrath :)

I work with a guy who is a Giants Fan (from that area) and he said it's so bad for Eli. 2 Rings and nothing he ever does is good enough for a big portion of that fan base.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g89am92 said:

I work with a guy who is a Giants Fan (from that area) and he said it's so bad for Eli. 2 Rings and nothing he ever does is good enough for a big portion of that fan base.

One of my buddies is a Patriots fan (I know, I almost deleted his number during the SB)..........and at least six times a season he'll post on Facebook or text us that he's done with Brady, it's time to move on to Jimmy Crappalo.

He just expects Brady to be 40/40 with four TD's and no interceptions every game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ap3glmgs said:
Anthony!":ap3glmgs said:
KiwiHawk":ap3glmgs said:
SoulfishHawk":ap3glmgs said:

It's fantastic.

there are huge differences between the 2 for one the NFCCG was the first time he had 4 Ints. Wilson still has way less TOs, and way less of them have resulted directly into points. Wilson has put his team behind due to mistakes way less than Luck and has doe it facing much tougher competition.

Anthony!

Reaction score
StoneCold":31fp61p4 said:
Anthony!":31fp61p4 said:
StoneCold":31fp61p4 said:
SoulfishHawk":31fp61p4 said:

What I see is a series of bad games this preseason by Wilson along with some bad play in the last two games last year. Wilson has been unable to allude the rush, has missed open receivers and made enough un RW like passes that it concerns me. You can go on thinking it's nothing and you may be right, but I'm not making up the bad passes in the NFC Championship, the almost complete collapse of the offense in the 4th quarter of the SB nor the poor decision and execution this preseason.

Not to mention the Rolling Stone reporter noted he was showing a bit of paunch. I think it's possible there are too many distractions and RW is not working as hard has he has in the past.

what you see is 3 preseason games, 1 in which he only through 1 pass so what you really have is 2 games, we he has been under pretty consistent pressure. Then you have the 2 real games before what were 1 he played bad in but still got it done when heeded it, and the other that with the exception of 1 pass he played very well ie 110 Qb rating. Also again I go back to his last 10 real games were 7 of them had QB rating over 90 so sorry there is little pattern to show he has issues, and much more showing he is fine. Also again you do not speak about the collapse of the defense in the SB but hey thats the defense. And by the way what collapse they gave the defense a 10 point lead with 9miutes to go.

Sorry like I said you are making something out of nothing at this point and even blurring the facts

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2aikf2mh said:
SoulfishHawk":2aikf2mh said:

Since when was it not ok to be critical of Wilson? It should be much more than 2%, the guy has been struggling, and in the midst of a very polarizing stance regarding his contract, and his place in the league.

Are we to the point as a fanbase where Wilson can do no wrong?

We criticize, at times, nearly every other Seahawk player, yet Wilson gets kid gloves?

Your last strawman statement is silly. Of course he is part of our winning. But he isnt the sole or even main reason. He is a part of the equation, and that is what makes our team so special.

because what you are saying is wrong he has not been struggling again out of the last 10 real games he has a QB rating over 90 in 7 that is not struggling. He is only struggling in your mind, because you want him to be struggling. By the way have you been on the defense for struggling and giving up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go in the SB? NO, or Lynch avg under 4 yards a carry in the 4th qtr? Nope only Wilson.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2djw7g0u said:
And when did I say he was THE reason they win? He's just a big part of it. Be critical all you want, that's part of sports. He's not always gonna' play a great game. Even Mr. Perfect Manning, Lord Brady and Rodgers have bad games.

yeah all three just played their 3rd preseason game and all 3 had QB ratings under 70, but that is okay for them

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q86svs8 said:
Hawkpower":2q86svs8 said:
Are we to the point as a fanbase where Wilson can do no wrong? .

Oh I guarantee you this dynamic is changing this year after Russell got paid. It already is just with his poor performance in the preseason.

He's now going to join the ranks of the other highly paid QB's like Brady, Manning (both), Cutler, etc.........every bad game is going to be met with a lot of "I told you he wasn't elite............I told you we shouldn't have paid him"

"With great contracts come great expectations." - Abraham Lincoln.

dude were have you been its already been that way.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":247nskh3 said:
SoulfishHawk":247nskh3 said:

One of my buddies is a Patriots fan (I know, I almost deleted his number during the SB)..........and at least six times a season he'll post on Facebook or text us that he's done with Brady, it's time to move on to Jimmy Crappalo.

He just expects Brady to be 40/40 with four TD's and no interceptions every game.

yeah but at least he is not rooting for Brady to fail, we have some on the very board who do.