Disconcerting to say the least

StoneCold

Reaction score
Anthony!":2rdkh90u said:
what you see is 3 preseason games, 1 in which he only through 1 pass so what you really have is 2 games, we he has been under pretty consistent pressure. Then you have the 2 real games before what were 1 he played bad in but still got it done when heeded it, and the other that with the exception of 1 pass he played very well ie 110 Qb rating. Also again I go back to his last 10 real games were 7 of them had QB rating over 90 so sorry there is little pattern to show he has issues, and much more showing he is fine. Also again you do not speak about the collapse of the defense in the SB but hey thats the defense. And by the way what collapse they gave the defense a 10 point lead with 9miutes to go.

Sorry like I said you are making something out of nothing at this point and even blurring the facts

At least you admit there was an offensive collapse. I didn't mention the Defense because we're talking about Russell.

You seem desperate to minimize any possibility that there is an issue and yet one of the most talked about issues this preseason has been the lack of offense. But of course it has nothing to do with Russell, it's all those moving parts. What is a 4th year, elite QB making 22 mil a year to do?

I see that you didn't dispute he's getting fat.

ctrcat

Reaction score
erik2690":3m91rjfv said:
KiwiHawk":3m91rjfv said:
I have a daughter who is very good at school. Top of her class, and even goes up a year for maths. If she suddenly left the group of top students she normally hangs around with in favour of the cool kids and at the same time her test scores started to drop, should I attribute it to a small sample compared to her years of brilliant work, or should I have concern that her new friends may be a negative influence on her performance?

Funny how when it's put that way it's natural to have concern, but when an athlete divorces his wife and heads into the spotlight dating a celebrity, changes his agent, and scores a large chunk of cash, we shouldn't be concerned about distractions.

Seems like bad logic.

But you just ruined your whole story. You are complaining about 2 playoff games and then connecting them to a bunch of events that came later. That's very confusing. This "changed his agent" is a dumb narrative. Rodgers has always been the trusted adviser whether there was a point where he wasn't officially the agent or not is a silly thing to hang on. It's semantics at best.

And yes I don't think that's a great comparison at all. You are at least seemingly implying with the analogy a diminished work ethic or focus a thing you have zero evidence for.

So what changed between Carolina and GB because you seem very insistent that this is a trend from GB until now (SB wasn't a very bad performance, but we'll ignore that argument). So the question then is what changed? He was killer vs. Carolina, but now 2 games and 5 Q's of preseason and he's in a tailspin. What happened? He was divorced all last season too. You're reasons listed are just odd. You are attaching negative consequences on the field to things that have no inherent consequence on the field.

Trust with/without a healthy Unger? He was back healthy after a bye week and Star Lotulelei was out. He then rolled the ankle in the 4th quarter and was an uncertainty vs the Packers. Kearse then goes from making a spectacular one handed catch to dropping balls. Things then snowballed? The Packers, who do not have a better defense overall than the Panthers, do have better safety play. By preparation or sheer luck, he took full advantage of Tre Boston's inexperience and Roman Harper's age.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1dcaj1f3 said:
yeah all three just played their 3rd preseason game and all 3 had QB ratings under 70, but that is okay for them
I totally made that same argument with my mom when was a kid - "my sister did it too!". She broke her wooden spoon on my backside.

Didn't fly then, doesn't fly now. Poor performance of others does not absolve our own guy from being questioned.

erik2690

Reaction score
StoneCold":14mfiida said:
Not to mention the Rolling Stone reporter noted he was showing a bit of paunch. I think it's possible there are too many distractions and RW is not working as hard has he has in the past.

But there's been no reports of lack of work at all. And what reports hold weight to you? Does RS saying he's bigger matter in the least when the team and his trainer say he's faster and stronger? What exactly is the implication of more weight if you also got quicker? That seems like a reach honestly to use that to show he isn't working hard. In fact guys add/subtract weight purposefully often times. I can't find the video, but I watch all the press conferences and could swear that last year Russ even specifically said that Pete wanted him to add weight (anyone remember that?) .

erik2690

Reaction score
ctrcat":287fztct said:
Trust with/without a healthy Unger? He was back healthy after a bye week and Star Lotulelei was out. He then rolled the ankle in the 4th quarter and was an uncertainty vs the Packers. Kearse then goes from making a spectacular one handed catch to dropping balls. Things then snowballed? The Packers, who do not have a better defense overall than the Panthers, do have better safety play. By preparation or sheer luck, he took full advantage of Tre Boston's inexperience and Roman Harper's age.

I guess, although Unger has been out a lot in the last 2 years. I'm not sure the stats would match up to that theory.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1nycd8io said:
Hasselbeck":1nycd8io said:
Bailey could have been swapped out with a Dick's Hamburger and no one would have been able to notice the difference.

come one now, that's a bit of a stretch. Afterall, the defender is going to stop to eat the Dick's Hamburger.

Post of the month!!

Anthony!

Reaction score
StoneCold":1h8i5687 said:
Anthony!":1h8i5687 said:
what you see is 3 preseason games, 1 in which he only through 1 pass so what you really have is 2 games, we he has been under pretty consistent pressure. Then you have the 2 real games before what were 1 he played bad in but still got it done when heeded it, and the other that with the exception of 1 pass he played very well ie 110 Qb rating. Also again I go back to his last 10 real games were 7 of them had QB rating over 90 so sorry there is little pattern to show he has issues, and much more showing he is fine. Also again you do not speak about the collapse of the defense in the SB but hey thats the defense. And by the way what collapse they gave the defense a 10 point lead with 9miutes to go.

Sorry like I said you are making something out of nothing at this point and even blurring the facts

At least you admit there was an offensive collapse. I didn't mention the Defense because we're talking about Russell.

You seem desperate to minimize any possibility that there is an issue and yet one of the most talked about issues this preseason has been the lack of offense. But of course it has nothing to do with Russell, it's all those moving parts. What is a 4th year, elite QB making 22 mil a year to do?

I see that you didn't dispute he's getting fat.

I did not dispute it because it is not a fact, you have no clue since he is wearing a vest like all QBs you have no clue., You are guessing or making things up. I saw no reason to 3waste my time on it, however since you brought it up and are in need of finding something wrong, I addressed it. Prove it. You cant. As to the rest again preseason do not care.

Anthony!

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":36bxmgrm said:
Anthony!":36bxmgrm said:
yeah all three just played their 3rd preseason game and all 3 had QB ratings under 70, but that is okay for them
I totally made that same argument with my mom when was a kid - "my sister did it too!". She broke her wooden spoon on my backside.

Didn't fly then, doesn't fly now. Poor performance of others does not absolve our own guy from being questioned.

And that posted added nothing

Anthony!

Reaction score
erik2690":3byg0y0y said:
StoneCold":3byg0y0y said:
Not to mention the Rolling Stone reporter noted he was showing a bit of paunch. I think it's possible there are too many distractions and RW is not working as hard has he has in the past.

But there's been no reports of lack of work at all. And what reports hold weight to you? Does RS saying he's bigger matter in the least when the team and his trainer say he's faster and stronger? What exactly is the implication of more weight if you also got quicker? That seems like a reach honestly to use that to show he isn't working hard. In fact guys add/subtract weight purposefully often times. I can't find the video, but I watch all the press conferences and could swear that last year Russ even specifically said that Pete wanted him to add weight (anyone remember that?) .

But wait it has to be true of course the trainers and staff are lying and the "rolling stones" guy who is trying to sell magazines is right. :sarcasm_off:

Yeah more BS

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":7rl605ui said:
KiwiHawk":7rl605ui said:
Anthony!":7rl605ui said:

As opposed to your incisive and respectful "puke" posts.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Maybe you didn't get the point of my post. It was to say that you were employing a logical fallacy known as Argumentum ad Populum, specifically a variety of this fallacy known as "Bandwagon Approach", in which you attempt to prove that something is valid by showing that others also do it.

This of course is false logic. The fact that other QBs had ratings under 70 does not make that acceptable for our quarterback.

Of course there is an additional fallacy in your statement, which is "but that is okay for them". No one said it was okay for them. You're making that up to mitigate our own QB's poor performance.

Anthony!

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":29gn0ton said:
Anthony!":29gn0ton said:
KiwiHawk":29gn0ton said:
Anthony!":29gn0ton said:

As opposed to your incisive and respectful "puke" posts.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Maybe you didn't get the point of my post. It was to say that you were employing a logical fallacy known as Argumentum ad Populum, specifically a variety of this fallacy known as "Bandwagon Approach", in which you attempt to prove that something is valid by showing that others also do it.

This of course is false logic. The fact that other QBs had ratings under 70 does not make that acceptable for our quarterback.

Of course there is an additional fallacy in your statement, which is "but that is okay for them". No one said it was okay for them. You're making that up to mitigate our own QB's poor performance.

:pukeface:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Anthony!":2cmfrn4d said:
Hawkpower":2cmfrn4d said:
SoulfishHawk":2cmfrn4d said:
It's a lot more than 2 percent that are critical of Wilson. A hell of a lot more. Of course he only wins because of the Defense and the running game. He clearly has nothing to do with the team winning :roll:

Since when was it not ok to be critical of Wilson? It should be much more than 2%, the guy has been struggling, and in the midst of a very polarizing stance regarding his contract, and his place in the league.

Are we to the point as a fanbase where Wilson can do no wrong?

We criticize, at times, nearly every other Seahawk player, yet Wilson gets kid gloves?

Your last strawman statement is silly. Of course he is part of our winning. But he isnt the sole or even main reason. He is a part of the equation, and that is what makes our team so special.

because what you are saying is wrong he has not been struggling again out of the last 10 real games he has a QB rating over 90 in 7 that is not struggling. He is only struggling in your mind, because you want him to be struggling. By the way have you been on the defense for struggling and giving up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go in the SB? NO, or Lynch avg under 4 yards a carry in the 4th qtr? Nope only Wilson.

I WANT him to be struggling??

Are you for real?

Yes, as a Seahawk fan who lives and breathes Seahawk football, I desperately hope that our QB struggles.

Cmon man.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2y6vfbl1 said:
Anthony!":2y6vfbl1 said:
Hawkpower":2y6vfbl1 said:
SoulfishHawk":2y6vfbl1 said:
It's a lot more than 2 percent that are critical of Wilson. A hell of a lot more. Of course he only wins because of the Defense and the running game. He clearly has nothing to do with the team winning :roll:

Since when was it not ok to be critical of Wilson? It should be much more than 2%, the guy has been struggling, and in the midst of a very polarizing stance regarding his contract, and his place in the league.

We criticize, at times, nearly every other Seahawk player, yet Wilson gets kid gloves?

Your last strawman statement is silly. Of course he is part of our winning. But he isnt the sole or even main reason. He is a part of the equation, and that is what makes our team so special.

because what you are saying is wrong he has not been struggling again out of the last 10 real games he has a QB rating over 90 in 7 that is not struggling. He is only struggling in your mind, because you want him to be struggling. By the way have you been on the defense for struggling and giving up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go in the SB? NO, or Lynch avg under 4 yards a carry in the 4th qtr? Nope only Wilson.

Are you for real?

Yes, as a Seahawk fan who lives and breathes Seahawk football, I desperately hope that our QB struggles.

Cmon man.

dude just because you are a Seahawks fan does not mean you do not want him to struggle. There are some on here would give up the SB win to have Wilson struggle. The facts do not support he is struggling in real games. He has had a game or 2 were he struggled like all QBs do, but there is no pattern at all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qopp89ib said:
Hawkpower":qopp89ib said:
Are we to the point as a fanbase where Wilson can do no wrong? .

Oh I guarantee you this dynamic is changing this year after Russell got paid. It already is just with his poor performance in the preseason.

He's now going to join the ranks of the other highly paid QB's like Brady, Manning (both), Cutler, etc.........every bad game is going to be met with a lot of "I told you he wasn't elite............I told you we shouldn't have paid him"

"With great contracts come great expectations." - Abraham Lincoln.

I thought it was Lou Ferrigno that said that...or could have been Vince Ferragamo. I keep getting those 2 mixed up. :mrgreen:

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Your last strawman statement is silly. Of course he is part of our winning. But he isnt the sole or even main reason. He is a part of the equation, and that is what makes our team so special.[/quote]

because what you are saying is wrong he has not been struggling again out of the last 10 real games he has a QB rating over 90 in 7 that is not struggling. He is only struggling in your mind, because you want him to be struggling. By the way have you been on the defense for struggling and giving up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go in the SB? NO, or Lynch avg under 4 yards a carry in the 4th qtr? Nope only Wilson.[/quote]

Are you for real?

Cmon man.[/quote]

dude just because you are a Seahawks fan does not mean you do not want him to struggle. There are some on here would give up the SB win to have Wilson struggle. The facts do not support he is struggling in real games. He has had a game or 2 were he struggled like all QBs do, but there is no pattern at all.[/quote]

Dude, read back what you just typed. Nobody would give up a Superbowl for some strange satisfaction in seeing russ do poorly. You've gone way over the edge with this one. This is bizarre, even for you.

I can understand why thats a tough concept for someone who is a fan of individuals first, and the team second, but for most fans, we are passionate about the team first and foremost. we quit idolizing the individuals when we were 12.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":241sxasp said:

because what you are saying is wrong he has not been struggling again out of the last 10 real games he has a QB rating over 90 in 7 that is not struggling. He is only struggling in your mind, because you want him to be struggling. By the way have you been on the defense for struggling and giving up a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go in the SB? NO, or Lynch avg under 4 yards a carry in the 4th qtr? Nope only Wilson.[/quote]

Are you for real?

Cmon man.[/quote]

dude just because you are a Seahawks fan does not mean you do not want him to struggle. There are some on here would give up the SB win to have Wilson struggle. The facts do not support he is struggling in real games. He has had a game or 2 were he struggled like all QBs do, but there is no pattern at all.[/quote]

Dude, read back what you just typed. Nobody would give up a Superbowl for some strange satisfaction in seeing russ do poorly. You've gone way over the edge with this one. This is bizarre, even for you.

I can understand why thats a tough concept for someone who is a fan of individuals first, and the team second, but for most fans, we are passionate about the team first and foremost. we quit idolizing the individuals when we were 12.[/quote]

Dude I hate to tell you there are some on this forum that would. All you need to do is go back and reread a lot of what has been said over the last 2+ years and it will be obvious some would.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":18riswr0 said:
Anthony!":18riswr0 said:
Hawkpower":18riswr0 said:
Anthony!":18riswr0 said:

Are you for real?

Cmon man.

dude just because you are a Seahawks fan does not mean you do not want him to struggle. There are some on here would give up the SB win to have Wilson struggle. The facts do not support he is struggling in real games. He has had a game or 2 were he struggled like all QBs do, but there is no pattern at all.
Are you Fer real?

No Seahawks fan would give up the superbowl win to see Wilson struggle.

You lost all credibility with that one. Cereal?[/quote]

dude there are at least 2 guys on this forum who are on others who have come out and said so. SO sorry no credibility lost at all, just realism about some people.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1a0filt9 said:
dude there are at least 2 guys on this forum who are on others who have come out and said so. SO sorry no credibility lost at all, just realism about some people.

Credibility is how others feel about your posts, not how you feel about yourself. Plenty of credibility has been lost when straw man arguments are continuously set up.

If you have a fight with only 2 people, then keep it between you and them. There's no reason arguing with the rest who don't feel the same as if they did, even if they don't have your passion for RW.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1hnaaupl said:
Anthony!":1hnaaupl said:

Credibility is how others feel about your posts, not how you feel about yourself. Plenty of credibility has been lost when straw man arguments are continuously set up.

If you have a fight with only 2 people, then keep it between you and them. There's no reason arguing with the rest who don't feel the same as if they did, even if they don't have your passion for RW.

Dude I said some would give up the SB win to get rid of Wilson, some said IW as on Drugs, and I made it clear I was not and specified that at least 2 people would. That is called backing up my statement. AS to arguing with the rest I state my position and back it up with facts and stand behind it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":bc3fcx7x said:
Ad Hawk":bc3fcx7x said:
Anthony!":bc3fcx7x said:

Dude I said some would give up the SB win to get rid of Wilson, some said IW as on Drugs, and I made it clear I was not and specified that at least 2 people would. That is called backing up my statement. AS to arguing with the rest I state my position and back it up with facts and stand behind it.

:34853_doh:

Good luck, my friend.