Dispelling the myth that Russell Wilson wins (only) because

Rainger

Reaction score
And it will continue. Because of the way he is painted by jerks like Pete Prisco only sees RW as the 61st best player in the NFL. Kirwan says 50.

They are both wrong but it is the media, we know they will go on and on until they convince the stupid's they are right. It doesn't matter.

We all know RW is top rate and he will prove it again this season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rainger":12a5tmh3 said:
And it will continue. Because of the way he is painted by jerks like Pete Prisco only sees RW as the 61st best player in the NFL. Kirwan says 50.

They are both wrong but it is the media, we know they will go on and on until they convince the stupid's they are right. It doesn't matter.

We all know RW is top rate and he will prove it again this season.

The hawks could very well win the next 3 superbowls and some of our very own fans will continue to insist RW is a product of our team and nothing more. Why would we expect any more from the lazy national media??

Don't forget, Luck is 6'4 so even though he has worse stats than RW he IS IN NO WAY A GAME MANAGER!! HE'S TALL!!!

Lol :)

hawk45

Reaction score
Rings will conclude the argument. Luck has been Elway-like in carrying his team, Russ hasn't had to, but Montana had good teams around him like Russ will and we'll all take Montana's career. Russ can easily be a Montana "system-fit".

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawk45":3hmpp0ho said:
Rings will conclude the argument. Luck has been Elway-like in carrying his team, Russ hasn't had to, but Montana had good teams around him like Russ will and we'll all take Montana's career. Russ can easily be a Montana "system-fit".

But you see that is not true

HIs defense is top 10 in scoring
He has a HOF wr, and another in the top 10
HIs run game avg the same YPA as ours, just less yards due to less attempts

This notion he carries his team is just plain wrong. People are starting to see it, it was mentions the other night on the show by Sapp and others that he has better o-line ,better wr, and his defense was not as bad as some say it is.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawk45":2ymns5nr said:

I love how the Colts are suddenly the 2008 Lions to some, gracefully saved by the bearded one.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34zyrr7w said:
Nice analysis, but I'd like to ask people a simple question............why does everyone get offended by the term "game manager?"

EVERY QB is a game manager, that's part of their job description.
Being offended by the term "game manager" is stupid, it's time to stop letting those words get under our skin.

Yes, "Game Manager" is PART of the job description. But if a QB is just a "game manager" then he's mediocre at best, because he's only mastered "part of the job description", not all of the job description..

"Game Manager", when used to label QBs, is in today's parlance, short for "nothing more than a game manager". That's the implied definition nowadays.
As Troy Aikman said during the Super Bowl that "Game Manager is a derogatory term".

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It seems to me that Russell Wilson is doing enough to dispel this myth on his own.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was hit on over 52 percent of his pass attempts last season. Yet he still puts up a passer rating of over 100. God I just wish we had a competent oline.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1iks6wc9 said:
Russell Wilson was hit on over 52 percent of his pass attempts last season. Yet he still puts up a passer rating of over 100. God I just wish we had a competent oline.
I'm sure everyone pretty much understands what I'm about to say and I know I'm speaking to an informed bunch. I think the job of a Seahawks O-lineman requires much more competence than most other teams. The line can only protect for so long. It's the NFL with big time pass rushers. Scrambling and extending plays is part of RW's game. He's not just a running QB that the line can simply play it that way. You take the apparent bad with the good.

Seemed like RW did a much better job of getting rid of the ball sooner in the Super Bowl. Early in the season, it drove me nuts that he seemed to hold onto the ball for so long. Perhaps the receivers weren't getting enough separation. But, whatever goes on in the development of plays... I don't think you can put it all on the O-line. They have a tough assignment. It all works in concert. Hopefully (and I trust) we'll see "better O-line play" if Percy Harvin and Paul Richardson can stay on the field together throughout the season. That will open things up for more Baldwin, more Kearse, more everything. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2115 ... LWz6aLBYzo

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure they'll ever "fix" the offensive line. It is difficult to find guys that can both pass block well and run block well. Different skill sets, it seems. As long as we are a run-first team, we'll be better at run blocking. Having said that, we should see a bit more continuity and cohesion this season as the group gels. At least I hope so. FA losses were fairly manageable IMHO. Good O-lines throughout the history of the NFL have one thing in common, working together over time. Cable was far from the first "O-line guru" the team has brought in; it looks like he might finally be "the one."

Having a mobile QB is almost a requirement for us, having one as skillful as Wilson is a blessing. ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Well you guys seam to think the line is what it is. Well I'll tell you what, if Russell has another season of being hit like he did this year he likely goes does with injury. This is unexceptable to me. Whatever the reason is for the hits he's taking they must reduce them.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1uhg2xww said:
Well you guys seam to think the line is what it is. Well I'll tell you what, if Russell has another season of being hit like he did this year he likely goes does with injury. This is unexceptable to me. Whatever the reason is for the hits he's taking they must reduce them.

Agreed. And the 'run blockers don't pass block as well' isn't an excuse the coaches buy into. First, we can start by getting some better athletes out there. I think Britt is a step in the right direction. So was dropping McQuistan. Having an actual swing tackle that can back up Okung is as simple as it gets.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1dsi1169 said:
Tech Worlds":1dsi1169 said:
I'm sure everyone pretty much understands what I'm about to say and I know I'm speaking to an informed bunch. I think the job of a Seahawks O-lineman requires much more competence than most other teams. The line can only protect for so long. It's the NFL with big time pass rushers. Scrambling and extending plays is part of RW's game. He's not just a running QB that the line can simply play it that way. You take the apparent bad with the good.

Seemed like RW did a much better job of getting rid of the ball sooner in the Super Bowl. Early in the season, it drove me nuts that he seemed to hold onto the ball for so long. Perhaps the receivers weren't getting enough separation. But, whatever goes on in the development of plays... I don't think you can put it all on the O-line. They have a tough assignment. It all works in concert. Hopefully (and I trust) we'll see "better O-line play" if Percy Harvin and Paul Richardson can stay on the field together throughout the season. That will open things up for more Baldwin, more Kearse, more everything. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2115 ... LWz6aLBYzo

let me help you make it clear about the o-line

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... crambling/

Notice only 1 sack on Rw.

davidonmi

Reaction score
NFC personnel director on Wilson: "Athletic game manager that does what the team asks him to do. Good decision maker that is wise beyond his years. Takes care of the ball and plays well within the confines of their offense."

AFC personnel director on Wilson: "Can beat you in a lot of ways and doesn't beat himself. Don't think he can carry a team, but he's got a great defense and a strong running game to prop him up."

Those are 2 quotes from prisco's top 100.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i6zq8yl said:
Nice analysis, but I'd like to ask people a simple question............why does everyone get offended by the term "game manager?"

EVERY QB is a game manager, that's part of their job description. To work in tandem with their coaches to come up with a game plan to manage the game in order to win. If that means throwing the ball 40 times, then that's managing the game in order to win. If that means running the ball 30 times and short ball controlled passing, the that's managing the game to win.

Russell does what it takes to win. He and Pete know that with this defense he doesn't HAVE to throw it 40 times a game like other QB's with inferior defenses do in order to win, or because they have no running game.

This is not Trent Dilfer, who couldn't win having to throw it 40 times a game. Russell could do that if we needed him to, but he doesn't.........so he "manages" the game letting his RB's and defense dominate while making clutch throws when needed.

Being offended by the term "game manager" is stupid, it's time to stop letting those words get under our skin.

People get bent because any time anyone says anything other than [insert Seahawk team or player] isn't the best, it apparently means that they are not giving due credit to the greatest players on Earth and are part of the media-led, fan participated conspiracy against Seattle. It's absurd.

Anthony!

Reaction score
davidonmi":34nsyjsn said:
NFC personnel director on Wilson: "Athletic game manager that does what the team asks him to do. Good decision maker that is wise beyond his years. Takes care of the ball and plays well within the confines of their offense."

AFC personnel director on Wilson: "Can beat you in a lot of ways and doesn't beat himself. Don't think he can carry a team, but he's got a great defense and a strong running game to prop him up."

its prisco and you need to remember that is prisco editing their comments. Prisco was all over Lucks jock, and slamming the Hawks for Rw and now that he has been proven wrong he is going to keep yelling until he can yell no more. I mean look the statements both are laughable and wrong to anyone who watched us play.

Here is one for you

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... -no-1-pick

Here is more

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/12/0 ... arterback/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... rew-brees/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713 ... todays-nfl

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1734 ... rback-ever

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... op-five-QB

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... b369b956e7

I can go on and on, the only ones who do not get it are those who cannot get over him being under 6'2' or are the Luck worshippers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
davidonmi":3ph8wdy4 said:

Probably from butthurt coaches and GM's who lost to Seattle....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MadSweeney":3e1742z1 said:
Sgt. Largent":3e1742z1 said:

EVERY QB is a game manager, that's part of their job description. To work in tandem with their coaches to come up with a game plan to manage the game in order to win. If that means throwing the ball 40 times, then that's managing the game in order to win. If that means running the ball 30 times and short ball controlled passing, the that's managing the game to win.

Russell does what it takes to win. He and Pete know that with this defense he doesn't HAVE to throw it 40 times a game like other QB's with inferior defenses do in order to win, or because they have no running game.

This is not Trent Dilfer, who couldn't win having to throw it 40 times a game. Russell could do that if we needed him to, but he doesn't.........so he "manages" the game letting his RB's and defense dominate while making clutch throws when needed.

People get bent because any time anyone says anything other than [insert Seahawk team or player] isn't the best, it apparently means that they are not giving due credit to the greatest players on Earth and are part of the media-led, fan participated conspiracy against Seattle. It's absurd.

Almost as absurd as your characterization of this argument, which is way off base.

There is nothing wrong with being irritated with lazy media types who are still trying to justify their horrible RW predictions by continuing to blather crap that just isnt true.

It would be one thing if they had a legitimate point. But they don't. RW has been historical in every facet in his first two years. Calling a QB a "game manager" because he is short and happens to play on a great team is well...... to borrow your word again ABSURD.

If you dont like hawk fans rightfully calling them out on their lazy incompetence, dont read a message board.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
davidonmi":xycflqmn said:

Those characterizations by the NFC guy for the most part DO describe how he plays. Thats what Pete tells him to do.

The musing contemplation by the AFC guy is fascinating. Doesnt think he can carry a team huh? Must be the amazing completion percentage, TD's, clutch comebacks, top flight QB rating and Super Bowl win in year two that tells him that :roll:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1n8zx95z said:
davidonmi":1n8zx95z said:

Those characterizations by the NFC guy for the most part DO describe how he plays. Thats what Pete tells him to do.

The musing contemplation by the AFC guy is fascinating. Doesnt think he can carry a team huh? Must be the amazing completion percentage, TD's, clutch comebacks, top flight QB rating and Super Bowl win in year two that tells him that :roll:
Or the fact he has carried the team in numerous wins.

Latest posts