Dissly

Mad Dog

Reaction score
2_0_6":v1a6lnun said:
Just confirmed on Twitter its a torn Achilles...

So now what, Vernon Davis, Tyler Eifert, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard?

Well I guess that's it for the season and then some. Another 8 month rehab. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Do you think there is such a thing as a plug and play TE? Cuz none of your suggestions have played in our system and would likely take until January to get up to speed and on the same page as Wilson.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team still has Ed Dickson on IRr and he's now eligible to return, don't know if he's actually healthy though.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3pphbhki said:
2_0_6":3pphbhki said:
Just confirmed on Twitter its a torn Achilles...

So now what, Vernon Davis, Tyler Eifert, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard?

Well I guess that's it for the season and then some. Another 8 month rehab. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Do you think there is such a thing as a plug and play TE? Cuz none of your suggestions have played in our system and would likely take until January to get up to speed and on the same page as Wilson.

The main outlier here is Ed Dickson, IF he can come back healthy then all this discussion becomes moot. His health is a MAJOR concern though.

Vernon Davis would be an easy plug and play here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":fun3rkxw said:
The team still has Ed Dickson on IRr and he's now eligible to return, don't know if he's actually healthy though.

I think he has to wait 2 more weeks, until week 8?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Such a huge loss to this team. He was never an injury plagued player in college. Just a couple freak plays and back to back season enders. Sucks

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sounds from the Monday press conference that Dissly didn't actually rupture the tendon. They weren't talking surgery. Just rehab and a remote chance of a later return in the season. I expect its a 2 month walking boot thing then rehab.

Not sure if that means a better long term outlook or not. Is a surgically repaired tendon better than a naturally healed one in someone with a history of tendon injuries?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. If it doesn't need surgery, you would think that was much better. But I have no idea. Maybe someone can chime in who has had the surgery.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don’t know enough about these injuries but my cousin Jay Reimersma had to retire when he tore his playing for Pittsburgh. That was in the early 2000s. Maybe recovery has advanced since then. Sherman seemed to recover fine from his. I just don’t know if the severity is the difference here. I am not a doctor.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3lcs053w said:
I don’t know enough about these injuries but my cousin Jay Reimersma had to retire when he tore his playing for Pittsburgh. That was in the early 2000s. Maybe recovery has advanced since then. Sherman seemed to recover fine from his. I just don’t know if the severity is the difference here. I am not a doctor.

Can't pinpoint where but seen that it is not torn, so hyper extended somehow, still will take a while but at least it isn't a surgical repair as of yet.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2f7zwecq said:
I ordered a Dissly jersey on Saturday so I could have it for the game next Sunday. Too late to cancel!

During his rookie season I got an autographed framed Tyler Lockett poster for Christmas (because my fam loves me for some reason, and knew he was my favorite noob). Then he broke his leg with much the same injury as I got in my last motorcycle wreck...

Have faith brother, I knew Tyler would come back and you know Will also will. :irishdrinkers:

Elemas

Reaction score
Two major injuries in as many years. I'd love to see him come back, as strong as he was this year, and play an entire season.

He's young but, he has some major decisions to make. I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped away from the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guy has never been an injury concern, a couple fluke injuries and now he's should step away? Oh boy...…
This guy has many years in front of him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hglsjh9o said:
Guy has never been an injury concern, a couple fluke injuries and now he's should step away? Oh boy...…
This guy has many years in front of him.

It depends on whether there is a significant problem with his tendons. These are non-contact injuries which suggest some intrinsic weakness. Docs could tell him he's at further risk if he continues to play. There are connective tissue conditions that do put you at risk.

Hopefully it's just a couple of flukes. But I wouldn't be terribly certain about that.

capncrunch

Reaction score
We'll need somebody better than Willson. There is a tough run ahead for the playoffs. Beyond this year something to look for in the draft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If I recall Sherman before he tore his..He had some issue with it for a couple seasons?
I hope Will isn't the same case.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Any time a guy goes to the ground on his own, that's next level bad. Talk about a fluke injury. This team desperately needs Dickson to get back, especially because he's a hell of a blocker.

chris98251

Reaction score
Read where he now is having surgery, so a change of something or a better look by someone else.