Division Title Clinching Possibility

HawkGA

Reaction score
Have we acknowledged that possibility for this weekend?

I believe it is something like a Seahawk win or tie plus an Arizona loss or a Seahawk win and an Arizona loss.

Something like that.

Hoping for a weekend of good news!

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/06/tuesday-round-seahawks-can-clinch-nfc-west-title-week-14[/urltargetblank]

Basically we win and AZ loses or ties, or if we tie AZ would need to lose.

So basically if we win and the Redskins win we are in.

Take AZ out of the equation and if we win 2 games we win our division and a home playoff game.

Polaris

Reaction score
Because of our tie with Arizona, Seattle has a magic number of 1.5 to clinch the division. This translates as follows:

If Arizona loses, then Seattle will clinch with a Win or Tie. If Arizona ties, Seattle would clinch with a win.

If Arizona wins, Seattle will not be able to clinch this week, but if Seattle won, then any future win or tie would automatically clinch the division.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
kidhawk":rbf6vbs3 said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/06/tuesday-round-seahawks-can-clinch-nfc-west-title-week-14[/urltargetblank]

Basically we win and AZ loses or ties, or if we tie AZ would need to lose.

So basically if we win and the Redskins win we are in.

Take AZ out of the equation and if we win 2 games we win our division and a home playoff game.

Oh ya, I goofed up the second version of it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those curious about the number 2 seed, we currently hold a 1/2 game lead over the lions, so we have a magic number of 4. We have 4 games left, so if we sweep we get the 2 slot. Every game they lose, we can lose 1.

Our magic number over the Falcons/Bucaneers (should the Lions fall below them) would be 3.

I don't see anyone overtaking Dallas for the #1 slot or for their division, so I'm not worried about the Giants or other NFC East teams for playoff seeding

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The division is going to happen this year, and we'll clinch it either this week or next, I'd guess. Much more concerned about maintaining that #2 seed going into the playoffs. That one is vital. And that one is a whole lot closer to disappearing than the division lead is.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":nr211038 said:
The division is going to happen this year, and we'll clinch it either this week or next, I'd guess. Much more concerned about maintaining that #2 seed going into the playoffs. That one is vital. And that one is a whole lot closer to disappearing than the division lead is.
I don't use the V-word much any more, but it sure would be nice to get a bye week. ;)

RussB

Reaction score
Division is already unofficially clinched, seahawks would have to lose out for AZ to even maybe win the division. All i care about is them getting the first round bye, thats all that matters now.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
AZ is at Miami this week, so aside from last week's pasting by the Ravens, I would say there is a good chance for AZ to pick up an L this week.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Lions have this for a remaining schedule. Could easily see 2 losses for them:

Chicago
At Giants
At Cowboys
Packers

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":2bi7nnk3 said:
For those curious about the number 2 seed, we currently hold a 1/2 game lead over the lions, so we have a magic number of 4. We have 4 games left, so if we sweep we get the 2 slot. Every game they lose, we can lose 1.

Our magic number over the Falcons/Bucaneers (should the Lions fall below them) would be 3.

I don't see anyone overtaking Dallas for the #1 slot or for their division, so I'm not worried about the Giants or other NFC East teams for playoff seeding

The nice thing is that Detroit plays GB and Dallas still. Starting to get to the point where the NFC will start canibalizing itself. All we really need to do is hold home serve and beat the Niners there.

If we can beat GB, beat the Cards and the Rams, it's likely we can rest guys at SF.

A

Anonymous

RussB":2a4g1oq2 said:
Division is already unofficially clinched, seahawks would have to lose out for AZ to even maybe win the division. All i care about is them getting the first round bye, thats all that matters now.

This.

Home games early in the tournament will be critical. Not too worried about us having to play the NFCCG in Jerrahs place.

Wait... Seahawks might be playing for a spot in the SB only 4 hours away from me...?

:mrgreen:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":nbc60xkr said:
kidhawk":nbc60xkr said:

The nice thing is that Detroit plays GB and Dallas still. Starting to get to the point where the NFC will start canibalizing itself. All we really need to do is hold home serve and beat the Niners there.

If we can beat GB, beat the Cards and the Rams, it's likely we can rest guys at SF.

Don't forget the Giants, they are quietly a very solid team and at home I can definitely see them being able to beat the Lions. I say the lions absolutely beat the bears this week, but after that it's going to be 3 very tough games for them, I can see anything happening from winning 0 to winning 3 of those last 3 games. Basically the Lions are a huge question mark in my eyes right now and this week shouldn't do much to ease that at all.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Really the division title is a forgone conclusion considering we still have two home games, and also play San Francisco. I don't think the game at the Packers Sunday really matters in regards to the division. It may be very important though looking at who gets byes.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The Seahawks have been playing better than the Packers this season overall but GB is getting better and here's a trivia question:

When was the last time the Seahawks beat the Packers in Green Bay?

kidhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1s08xlkq said:
The Seahawks have been playing better than the Packers this season overall but GB is getting better and here's a trivia question:

Wasn't that the Holmgren return game on a Monday Night? I'm thinking his first year (1999) but not sure on that part

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kidhawk":1nc08b2g said:
LeftHandSmoke":1nc08b2g said:

Wasn't that the Holmgren return game on a Monday Night? I'm thinking his first year (1999) but not sure on that part
Great guess, am going with that too.

If true, that's an almost-incredible 17 years.