DJ Reed to NY Jets

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Rat":3dgdev0u said:
ivotuk":3dgdev0u said:
Rat":3dgdev0u said:
Damn, I thought he should have been a priority signing. Getting a 5th round comp pick next year isn't worth losing him.

We only get a 5th? No 3rd round pick?

I have no clue, honestly. I wouldn't think the contract was rich enough for a third. There are probably better sources for this than me.

I wouldn't have thought that number would compare favorably to what we would offer based on NY COL compared to Seatlle COL. But maybe I'm underestimating Seattle COL. Seems like we just settle on a good CB and they take off for other pastures. Hard to believe the Jets are such a draw as a place to go play. Or maybe he didn't want to stick out a new rebuild project when he could go to a permanent one.

nutluck

Reaction score
ivotuk":j0395z7r said:
Rat":j0395z7r said:
Damn, I thought he should have been a priority signing. Getting a 5th round comp pick next year isn't worth losing him.

We only get a 5th? No 3rd round pick?

To early to tell what the comp picks will be. It is based on how much all players sign for, the top ones become 3rd rounders. At his contract I would guess a 4-6th depending on a lot of other factors.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Any way you slice it I don't understand this deal. Reed is a young and talented corner with legit Top 10 potential. WTH?

ivotuk

Reaction score
My biggest concerns with DJ are injury, and he can only play on the Right side.

Sorry to lose him, but 11 million per year is a lot. The best DB in the league got 16.5 on a 5 year deal. Why does 5 years matter? Because with the Cap rising, 3 years from now the top DBs are going to get paid a lot more than that.

3 years from now, I expect DJ Reed, if he stays healthy, will get that much.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3oad2fum said:
Because people have a right to fan how they want?

So that means it must be understood by others? Got it, and thank you for the sage wisdom. Probably no need to have a discussion about anything because we must all just "get it" because people have a right to fan how they want.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Why not franchise him? Even if they're eyeing some dudes in the draft, there's no guarantee.

Plus, P&J have never spent higher than a late 3rd rounder on a cornerback.

They spend out the arse on safeties, which I don't understand.

But there's a lot of hubris in their approach to cornerbacks.

Jville

Reaction score
He got his chance in Seattle to show what he could do. As a result, he is now cashing in big time. The Jets clearly targeted him. DJ's young and proud. It may take awhile for him to fully understand what Pete and John and company they did for him.

There are a couple of youngsters on this years roster that are gonna get their chance to show.

Looking forward to watching it unfold.

Great Program.

Latest posts