DK Metcalf - 21

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Leading the NFL in Average Yards per catch at 21.

Also at #39 in the NFL in total yards.

And he runs more than just 'GO' routes.

DK Metcalf

Hi res e51fb873cffb9c5c44707e49efbb76e5 crop north

2_0_6

Reaction score
There was one catch by him yesterday while falling out of bounds that was simply all hands and BEAUTIFUL to see.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":11sql6hg said:
There was one catch by him yesterday while falling out of bounds that was simply all hands and BEAUTIFUL to see.
That was nice... I also liked the one where he was just running people over and hey couldn't tackle him.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
On that one where he was hitting people, it looked like he was hesitating, just looking for someone to hit next.

I loved it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":25zer7km said:
2_0_6":25zer7km said:
That was nice... I also liked the one where he was just running people over and hey couldn't tackle him.
Yes it was! He was just Beastly. He is only a rook, learning and getting better every game. Megatron II.

sutz

Reaction score
He had a couple of drops over the last 2-3 games that were concerning, but he had a pretty impactful game in Cleveland. Good thing, too, with Dissly out DK is our "big" guy for Russ to throw to. Willson is servicable, DK is potentially a game changer. Hopefully, he can maintain the progress.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
sutz":24kd3k8n said:
He had a couple of drops over the last 2-3 games that were concerning, but he had a pretty impactful game in Cleveland. Good thing, too, with Dissly out DK is our "big" guy for Russ to throw to. Willson is servicable, DK is potentially a game changer. Hopefully, he can maintain the progress.
Some of the best receivers in the NFL have some pretty bad drops, it's just that they can come down with footballs that others can't on a regular basis. I really want to see DK Metcalf used more in the passing game. I think he is clearly better than Brown and Moore already. I also would love to get Moore in space. I liked what I saw a week ago when we did a quick out to him. He looked very slippery.

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":395aya81 said:
sutz":395aya81 said:
Some of the best receivers in the NFL have some pretty bad drops, it's just that they can come down with footballs that others can't on a regular basis. I really want to see DK Metcalf used more in the passing game. I think he is clearly better than Brown and Moore already. I also would love to get Moore in space. I liked what I saw a week ago when we did a quick out to him. He looked very slippery.

It seems like DK and Lockett are our starting WRs, we just need one more starter and couple of backups. I would like to see Ursua and Moore as the backups, not sure who should be the third WR.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I know that it is petty of me, but that 'pacifier' mouthpiece of his irks the hell out of me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, we can't have a player having fun. He's not hurting anyone, do your thing DK. The Pacifier is hilarious, it's a young kid having some fun.

Mick063

Reaction score
Marcus Peters says OMG!!

DK Metcalf twice in a three week span?

The worst tackling corner in the NFL is going to get intentionally isolated with DK and the incredible Hulk that runs 50 mph is going to impose his will.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He's developing rapidly. This Cleveland game was his most complete by far. Not just the catches he did make, but also the routes that he was directed to run.

With Dissly out, I expect DK's involvement to kick into another gear. And to be honest, I think it's probably a good thing. He's been improving and expanding his game and having an impact. Especially in crucial 3rd down situations. He should likely enjoy a 2-5 target per game bump. Especially in scoring targets. Early on, he was getting 6-7 targets, but has seen that load drop to 3-5 the last 3 weeks. I'd expect him to be in the 6-9 target range for most games this year. Metcalf and Lockett have tied each other in targets last three weeks. But Dissly was taking a bigger share of targets (well except for last game when he went down).

I'd expect Metcalf to be a bigger beneficiary of Dissly's target load. Because they are more similar types (seam busting/RZ targets) than what else is on the roster.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed, not stat or performance related, but I have seen other team's players get in his face trying to bait him into a personal foul, and he has absolutely handled it like a ten year vet every time. The guy does not let people shake him mentally. I love that.

D

DomeHawk

Maulbert":2v4p01i5 said:
Another thing I've noticed, not stat or performance related, but I have seen other team's players get in his face trying to bait him into a personal foul, and he has absolutely handled it like a ten year vet every time. The guy does not let people shake him mentally. I love that.

That is a good trait. DK is coming along, they have tried to bring him along slowly and that has helped. There is going to be a lot more pressure put on him with Dissly gone. We'll see how that pans out.

Latest posts