Why are we forcing the offense through DK?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I'll let others bang on with hoping Pete goes. I don't care either way. I don't think he's the biggest issue outside of being the guy that hires the other guys.

I want to talk about DK. He's fast and big. He's what 6'4", but effectively plays to 5'10". He doesn't catch with his hands, cause he can't. He's can't separate. He's a long strider who gives away his break at the top of routes early because he's got poor feet. He's useless in 50/50 situations, back shoulder, fade, jump ball etc...because he can't catch the ball with his hands.
Why in the he'll does Waldren try to run the entire offense through DK? The best game we've played all season on offense was without DK. Waldron was forced to use heavy 12/13 personnel, which comes with better protection and running game with extra TEs to block. Plus better rhythm in the pass game because the ball is moving instead of drives stalling out when DK either can't get open, catch the ball, or both.

Really needed to get that out!

m0ng0

Reaction score
You do realize every pass play has a minimum of 3 options on who to throw the ball to right?

evergreen

Reaction score
Don’t tell people. Let’s trade him in off season. He makes some big plays. But he drops balls all the time.

Polk738

Reaction score
IMO DK Metcalf is the most overrated mid player on this team considering his size, we've seen both JSN AND Bobo make some of the most incredible catches for this team but DK who looks to be the biggest and fastest person on this team can't do anything even against average corners, I'm done with DropKaylin Metcalf

cymatica

Reaction score
How many times are they going to throw the freeking ball to DK down the F'N sidelines. SMH
When 90% of the time it's broken up. He sucks at tracking contested deep balls. He never uses is size to high point the ball. He's best at getting in space in the middle, seems way better at catching darts than lobs. Waldron is clueless

NoChops

Reaction score
At the pace he is going, if he were to play as long as Largent, he would break all of Steve's records. Think about it.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Fade routes to DK... no creativity whatsoever.

James in PA

Reaction score
We'll probably trade him to Philadelphia in the offseason for a 5th rounder.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand why... well I do (pete loves the deep ball) but I'm soo tired of going away from what was working or is working.

NoChops

Reaction score
We'll probably trade him to Philadelphia in the offseason for a 5th rounder.
we got two #1s for Galloway and DK's numbers are better than his at this point. Not saying any team would be that stupid again, but he is worth much more than a 5th rounder.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If they were to trade him, I'd bet mightily that he'd instantly become a top 5 wideout with whoever he went to. That's the luck this team has.

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
If they were to trade him, I'd bet mightily that he'd instantly become a top 5 wideout with whoever he went to. That's the luck this team has.
He could be very productive as a compliment. The things you can do with him are just to limited to be a real focal point. Nothing he's done leads me to believe he'd willingly be just a piece. We'll find out when it's time for him to sign another contract maybe