Do all of you like having this section?

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
I know most of this is draft talk, but do you feel if the same threads in here where in the Seahawks forum be a big issue?

sutz

Reaction score
Those of us who don't follow the draft that closely appreciate that they have their own forum. :)

This year has been a bit lighter than usual. Normally there are more threads/posts tracking college talent and projecting the draft.

Chawker

Reaction score
Shaggy, its better this way, alot of people in the main forum don't care about the draft and some of us can't shut up about the draft. We've got to vent about the draft some where.

I was going to try my best scoobie voice, but I thought I mite get a headache. Cheers bud !

Own The West

Reaction score
This section is really active this time of year, then it's turns into clutter. Best to leave it separate too so the grouches can find their Nick Chubb/Creed Humphrey comments for their I told you so rants.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Yes!

There are a lot of draft nerds, me included, that love talking prospects. Most team fans probably don't find that interesting.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Another vote for keeping this section....

chris98251

Reaction score
Also here we have the Huskies and Cougs, when they start playing the back and forth goes on all season, many of the members here are local. Throw in the Nike Ducks and we typically have a pretty good time here.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score

Seahawker

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the NCAA Pro Draft section but think all & any Seahawk draft talk should be allowed in the main Seahawk section. The offseason is all about free agency and the draft & that should be allowed to play out and dominate the discussion in the main forum. Especially considering Pete & John's maverick style of drafting, it would be nice to have access to all offseason talk on the main page.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would advise keeping a separate section. There have been historically a very real issue of some fans really not wanting to see the kinds of threads or discussions centered around replacing existing players. In a decidedly aggressive/disrespectful manner.

For those that like to follow the draft, there is a real overlap of fans that are willing to discuss/debate candidly about where the roster is at any given point. Some fans take very real offense at that.

Keeping a separate forum to further segregate those fans is a wise course. Otherwise you'll find a greater number of threads require either require constant moderation or they can quickly devolve into hijacked personal attack threads.

This has been my observations of this forum over the years. It's changed quite a bit -- with many contributors abandoning the site due to this. Having a separate forum maintains an accepted level of segregation between the expectations of the content one will be presented with.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I come here for all my draft info. lots of knowledgeable people in here

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds good. Its not going anywhere. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def. keep it. I like reading about all the prospects. And sometimes hearing about a player from someone on here who watched them in college, can give us a scoop and/or legit scouting report. Not just people going by what all the media tells us every time.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Not only keep it, but we need to get newer posters to check it out. It used to be pretty active around this time (pre-draft). I enjoy it.

Also, keep up the good work Chawker. I appreciate your prospect posts.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm with the guys who appreciate how having this forum helps keep all the draft clutter off of the main page.