Do any of you old-schoolers remember the "Z Hawk"?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
This is really random, but growing up in Federal Way, I would frequently see a silver Datsun 240 Z that had "Z Hawk" plates on it, and it had a Seahawks logo that ran the length of the vehicle along the bottom (it was about a foot tall and ran from wheel well to wheel well along the lower door panels).

I thought it was a player that drove it. I remember seeing him around, and once saw him at a Seafirst bank and he looked sort of like Manu Tuiasasopo. But I don't know that it was him. For all I knew, it was just a fan of the team. But I liked to think it was a player's car. I saw several other "Z Cars" that were decked out in similar fashion as a "Z Hawk" which is what we called 240 and 280 Z's that had Seahawk stuff on them. It seemed to be quite popular to at least a few local Datsun owners in those early years of the Hawks as people were wearing their "our team of our own!" pride all over, including on their awesome little sports cars.

It would be cool if anybody had a pic of it or similar and remembers it as I do. In fact.. I'd love to track it down and restore it as my next car project if it is still on the road somewhere.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah we had a lot of them running around here in Seattle, seahawks helmet logo stripe along side and the Seahawks colors. Z cars are gettig rare though so if there are any it will really be a find. I'll keep my eye open though, I work in Seattle and drive from one end to another. The question si how to find out who owns it and if it would be for sale when you do spot one.

zhawk

Reaction score
the player was jack sikma. I worked at sahalle golf and country club and he used to come there. that's where my forum handle came from. :thirishdrinkers: go hawks :thirishdrinkers:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
ak3000":3uwiqn3x said:
This topic was actually brought up on reddit a few weeks ago.

Here's some pics

http://m.imgur.com/a/qbF3q

Yep, was about to go dig it up, thanks for finding the image.

Reddit thread mentioned that the "Z-Hawk" was a trim option from a local Datsun dealer. Is that correct? Was there more than one of those running around Seattle in the 70s?

Latest posts