Do Seahawks tank or win against Cardinals?

Mizak

Reaction score
Seeing as how 49ers have the Rams number, if Cardinals win, they get at least home field. Or do Seahawks win and both Cardinals and Rams lose, therefore letting the Rams get home field instead? Cuz I know some people on here really hate the Rams and don’t want the Rams to get any kind of advantage, especially if they get home games in the playoffs.

Or do the Seahawks and fans say we don’t care. We are not in the playoffs, it is not a concern to us.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Mizak":gp9o189i said:
Seeing as how 49ers have the Rams number, if Cardinals win, they get at least home field. Or do Seahawks win and both Cardinals and Rams lose, therefore letting the Rams get home field instead? Cuz I know some people on here really hate the Rams and don’t want the Rams to get any kind of advantage, especially if they get home games in the playoffs.

Or do the Seahawks and fans say we don’t care. We are not in the playoffs, it is not a concern to us.

That's not true. The Cards are 11-5, a game behind the 12-4 Rams. In order for them to get a guarantee of a home game, they're going to have to beat us AND hope that the Niners beat the Rams. The Rams and Cards split their season series, so if they both finish with 12-5 records, it would go to the 2nd tiebreaker, divisional record, of which the Cards own. The 3 wild cards travel to the 3 other divisional champs.

The Cards might be scoreboard watching. If the Rams are blowing out the Niners, there's a good chance that they'll decide to pull some of their players and give them a rest. Losing to us isn't going to lower their seeding as they have a 2 game lead over the next team below them. They are guaranteed of at least a 5 seed.

Both games start at 1:25pm this week to eliminate any advantage that might be gained by one team finishing their last game ahead of the other.

If the Niners beat the Rams, they get the 6 seed. If they lose, they need some help. The Eagles and Saints are still alive for the 6th and 7th seeds.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
We will lose badly after trying to win and a few sunshine pumpers here will say we lost on purpose.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":2qukvsap said:
Just win baby.
Is there any other mindset to have?

Hell, I don't even like the idea of losing to improve draft position. Why would I support losing to help another team out?

Championship sunday, all the way.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seattle will try to win, but its not going to do them any good.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks will show up and once again will prove to AZ to that they are a hard team to beat.

If our O can find a running attack then they’ll win a typically close NFC-W game.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
There is no tanking in this team or they would have already. Pete has maybe thwarted in his stubbornness to adapt/relinquish control in scheming yet not one player has even come close to giving up. That’s why I love what Pete brings but I agree getting in his own way when comes to execution. Put him in the front office. Russ doesn’t need irrelevant stats in meaningless games to somehow boost his value if would be dealt in the offseason, wins because wants to. Not saying Russ hasn’t deserved heat for his play at times but to cast him as a franchise savior with all he has done to a martyr in one swoop is asinine. That guy has done more with less and has always worked his tail off. I don’t want to see #3 anywhere else. Montana left, Brady left so obviously it happens but it can’t this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1t15h8gr said:
Seattle will try to win, but its not going to do them any good.

That stadium is an albatross for us. We lost all 3 of the main LoB there. We lost a SB there. We had the best worst game ever 6-6 tie there, Anything can happen. Being largely from there and hating it (moved to AZ at 10yrs old, 5 years after Seahawks were born and before the Cards moved, therefore always a Hawks fan), I am very happy with crushing either the Cards' OR the Rams' chances at a home game. So it's win-lose to me no matter what. The only "good" outcome for me is having a decisive loss and removing any lingering doubt that a major coaching is needed for a rebuild. If we play really weak and beat them, I will be happy but worried that it'll be just enough to make management think we are just a few tweaks away. I love Carroll and what he's done for the franchise, and he deserves to not be fired (at least publicly), but his time needs to be over.

No matter what, though, I am incapable of rooting against the team winning. Especially against a division opponent who is one of my most hated teams in the league. I might find silver linings in a loss but I cannot look at a game in progress and cheer for them to fail.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The team won't tank in order to affect the playoffs, when they aren't even participating. I mean, they wouldn't tank either way, but especially not when it doesn't affect this team at all. Especially not when having a good showing against a good team could save some jobs.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The only reasons to tank a game (even though officially will never be stated)

1 - You already locked your spot in the playoffs and you want to rest your starters
2 - You want a higher draft pick in the first round
3 - Season is lost and you're trying to protect your high paid players for next year.

Neither of the above situations are in play. Even number 3 because Bobby (who is already out) and Russ are not guaranteed to be on the team next year and they would want to play them to assess potential trade value in the off season.

This is an interesting off season because pretty much every player and coach is going into this game looking at their future whether it's staying employed, increasing trade value or contract (Penny).

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Play hard first half.

See what we got in second and third strings that haven't had many snaps. Use the un-mattering game as experimentation.

Also win. ;)

rjdriver

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3dnpj41f said:
rjdriver":3dnpj41f said:
oldhawkfan":3dnpj41f said:
“You play to win the game!”
Jim Mora, N. O. Saints

I think you mean Herm....

You’re right. The memory isn’t as good as it used to be.

I'm almost 50. A lot of what I got isn't as it used to be, ask my wife.

sutz

Reaction score
Memory is the second thing to go. :twisted: