If Saints win, Seahawks are eliminated?

Mizak

Reaction score
They have better division record over Seahawks and they play early. Is this Accurate? but if Bucs lose and they win, they get the NFC South. So, do we both root for the Bucs and Saints to lose?

Scenario 1, Bucs win(clinch NFC South) Saints win(better division record over Seahawks), Seahawks eliminated

Scenario 2, Bucs win, Saints lose, Seahawks have to win.

Scenario 3 Bucs lose, Saints win, Seahawks have to win.

renofox

Reaction score
They have better division record over Seahawks and they play early. Is this Accurate? but if Bucs lose and they win, they get the NFC South. So, do we both root for the Bucs and Saints to lose?

Scenario 1, Bucs win(clinch NFC South) Saints win(better division record over Seahawks), Seahawks eliminated

Seahawks have to win or they are out.

If GB loses and the last spot is between SEA and NO at 9-8 SEA holds 1st applicable tiebreaker over NO which is Conference record.

Division records are not used as a tiebreaker between teams in different divisions.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Chances that the bears beat green bay….i would say slim but not impossible

kidhawk

Reaction score
Chances that the bears beat green bay….i would say slim but not impossible

Greenway should win that game for sure. The only reason I say to not count out the bears is that they have absolutely nothing to lose and they really hate the Packers.

Since I believe the Packers will win and go, I’d like to see us actually have a complete game on Sunday. Have all 3 phases in sync and balling out. Something we can carry into the offseason.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Chicago has been playing well of late. Fields is also auditioning to stay or potential trade. Not sure getting help to get in is gonna work 2 years in a row though....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seriously. I don’t care if they get in the playoffs. They will embarrass themselves and all we will wish for is if they didn’t get it. This team doesn’t need experience. They need not to be let down once again by their coaches.
I will never, ever wish that. Even in hindsight.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ok #1 fan 🙄
I'm not claiming that I am the best fan, but it's bullshit that a plain expression of fandom like rooting for playoff appearances is met with resistance, especially on simple threads like this about strictly discussing "what is the technically remaining viable path to the playoffs for Seattle?"

This is a thread about playoff scenarios. Meat and potatoes. I responded to another pointless woe-is-me existential-terror thread derailment about the futility of even trying to win games with a simple expression of still wanting the team to exceed their current station, because that's... not the point of the thread. At all. This isn't a dunk or a dick-measuring contest about fanhood from my perspective.

If we want to reconcile our separate viewpoints, how about we agree to conduct ourselves in a mutually beneficial manner? Let's agree to all stop derailing threads like this about playoff-clinching scenarios while I (and others in this apparently minority viewpoints of still rooting for wins) will pledge not to call out anyone rooting for losses to reset the organization in other threads where discussing the future of the franchise is warranted.

I'm tired of arguing about all this crap. I just want everyone to be able to talk about whatever as long as every thread doesn't funnel into the same argument between the "I want to win anyway" and the "I want losses for better capital and a chance at a new staff" crowd.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ok Everything Sucks fan
I'd let him take his shot without shooting back. We can find common ground with a better dialogue, surely. We have different views on the franchise and different philosophies about what we want, but at the end of the day, there's more shared than different between the majority of us.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Real simple again this year. Hawks beat Arizona, Bears beat GB, we are in. No other scenarios get us in.
The difference this year is that I don't see GB crapping the bed again like last year.

Oh well, after that choke job on Sunday in Seattle, this doesn't look like a playoff team, at all. If they get in, cool. If they don't, ok.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd let him take his shot without shooting back. We can find common ground with a better dialogue, surely. We have different views on the franchise and different philosophies about what we want, but at the end of the day, there's more shared than different between the majority of us.
Fair enough. Clearly things are different these days, you and I get along and now I'm sticking up for you. What the heck is going on? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: