Do the Eagles really even have a chance?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":66wangno said:
RolandDeschain":66wangno said:
hawk45":66wangno said:
Sgt seems to me to be referring to deliberate steering of games because that would involve a conscious decision to compromise their careers.
I think he's right on that point.

Your point about unconscious bias is true as well, but that's going to be a lower grade of steering that may or may not be noticeable.
You don't notice subconscious bias, which means you're making choices affected by it without even realizing it. That's more dangerous, not less.

Roland is unleashing a pretty deep truth here. I wouldn't so easily dismiss it.

It’s Psy 101. High school kids can take it for credit on line through their local community colleges.

I think the nfl has done a lot to overcome ref errors. Only one I’d like to see changes is the pass interference

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uncle Si":y2xiue0t said:
It’s Psy 101.
Agreed. However, admitting that it's true and actually keeping it in the forefront of your mind in day-to-day life is something that exists in a pretty small percentage of people, wouldn't you say?

chris98251

Reaction score
Eagles have to come out dropping the clutch and not looking back till the final whistle blows.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2blntcec said:
Uncle Si":2blntcec said:
It’s Psy 101.
Agreed. However, admitting that it's true and actually keeping it in the forefront of your mind in day-to-day life is something that exists in a pretty small percentage of people, wouldn't you say?

Absolutely... (and I'll apologize for being an ass with my initial post). It's rare to find people that self aware.. or even those who want to be.

That said, with reference to football, it appears the NFL recognizes this and has measured against it (maybe to a fault)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Robert Kraft probably gonna put a hit out on the refs for not giving them a 99-yard PI call at the end, hahahaha.

original poster

Reaction score
original poster":3pgjog4w said:
I can't see anything other than a Patriots win IMO.

The game is a win/win IMO (or lose/lose dependant on your outlook). If the Patriots win, all those vile Eagle fans get what they deserve and if the Eagles win it shuts up the arrogant Patriots fan base.

Lets just hope its an entertaining one.

Knew it.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'll hold my hand up. I thought Foles would be no match for Belichick's scheming.

Foles played his ass off. Couldn't be happier for Eagles fans this morning.

(Side note: I'm used to seeing punts from both teams. That game was weird)

Latest posts