do we beat the saints?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
To answer the OP: more often than not, yes. While anything can happen, it's pretty difficult to bet against Seattle at home, especially in a big game atmosphere.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":34jsq4ze said:
Lets focus on the Vikings for now.

Totally, bro!
.. Focusing
.. Focusing
Alright, done focusing on the Vikings!
The Saints are really good, but won't win at the Clink. Plus, their QB is too damn short!

kearly

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the Saints. They will enter that game with legit hopes for a #1 seed, only to be the first NFL team to discover what the Seahawks are like with a healthy O-line and Percy Harvin.

Atradees

Reaction score
9ers play the Saints next.........this is still shaking out. Either way a huge impact on the standings and home field advantage.

Perfundle

Reaction score
Seattle matches up perfectly against New Orleans.

Their strength on offense is their passing game, to which Seattle counters with the NFL's best secondary. Seattle's weakness on defense has been in the running game, but that's alright, because the Saints are one of the worst running teams, aside from tonight.

Meanwhile, while they're good against the pass, they're absolutely awful against the run, which plays right into Seattle's hands.

Finally, Brees is a completely different QB on the road compared to at home.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Perfundle":k2jcmt8m said:

Their strength on offense is their passing game, to which Seattle counters with the NFL's best secondary. Seattle's weakness on defense has been in the running game, but that's alright, because the Saints are one of the worst running teams, aside from tonight.

Meanwhile, while they're good against the pass, they're absolutely awful against the run, which plays right into Seattle's hands.

Soooo...I hear you saying that the Saints haven't a "prayer"? :roll:

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":244w2lav said:
I feel sorry for the Saints. They will enter that game with legit hopes for a #1 seed, only to be the first NFL team to discover what the Seahawks are like with a healthy O-line and Percy Harvin.

Not to mention we'll have had a bye, rested up everybody and had extra time to game plan for them. I see us winning that game; the Saints don't have the stoutest run defense and I can see us running on them like we did Atlanta.

If the Saints stack the box, I see our WRs and TE's having a good day.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3l2sqnry said:
bestfightstory":3l2sqnry said:
Maybe even twice.
Probably a requirement if we expect to play February 2nd. But yes, we beat them. Not sure it isn't a 2005 redo though to be honest.

Are you thinking a Panthers/Seahawks NFCC game at the clink?

We know what we did to them in '05 but we also know how that season finale was railroaded out of our grasp.

But this season seems different doesn't it? Can it be?

C-Dub

Reaction score
kearly":lqglyu61 said:
:thirishdrinkers:

Exittium

Reaction score
Hypothetical question here: What would happen if the 49ers beat the saints, then what would happen? Wouldn't that actually benefit us? Assuming Carolina doesn't (hopefully they do beat the saints) Idk i keep reading everywhere our scenarios but this hasn't been brought up.

Sorry typed this from my phone.. and well thanks to google thinking it knows best on what words should be replaced where, it botched the post up lolol fixed now though

OlyHawk

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawk fan for 30 years. It is hard to change that feeling that we seem to lose games we shouldn't. I love the focus on being 1-0 every week.
I can see Seahawk playoff games decided on who makes the big mistakes, turnovers, etc. Pretty much how it always plays out.
I don't see us dominating like those Dallas teams did with Aikman.
Losing at home is not an option for this team. The Tampa Bay game was the wake up call.
The games from here on out matter too much.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":22buyj0f said:
Hypothetical question here: What would happen if the saints 49ers beat the saints, they what are these so called tie breakers, I'm wouldn't that actually benefit us? Assuming carolina doesn't (hopefully they do) Idk i keep reading everywhere our scenarios but this hasn't been brought up.

My elite team of deciphereseses are hard at work as I type unraveling this mysterious post.

Kearly?

Mojo?

Somebody?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Exittium":26nkaipj said:
Hypothetical question here: What would happen if the saints 49ers beat the saints, they what are these so called tie breakers, I'm wouldn't that actually benefit us? Assuming carolina doesn't (hopefully they do) Idk i keep reading everywhere our scenarios but this hasn't been brought up.

Always root against the division rival, but hey, in this case, it might be a moot point. One way or another, it's really not a bad thing for Seattle.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Lets see how we do against the Vikings. We looked damn good against the Cards then we had the Rams and Bucs game. What I'm anxious to see is how the Niners take the Saints.

Perfundle

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":17k4n9qv said:
Perfundle":17k4n9qv said:

Soooo...I hear you saying that the Saints haven't a "prayer"? :roll:
What?