Do we demoralize you???

bestfightstory

Reaction score
OffensivelyPC":31h5dj3e said:
bestfightstory":31h5dj3e said:
OffensivelyPC":31h5dj3e said:
You are a great physical team. And I'm not detracting away from anything you do. BUT... I think you'd be very naïve to think that you can affect teams the week after you play them. Any franchise in this league lives from week to week. After they play you, they couldn't care less about you except to the extent that you are a lesson for next week.

You're going to make me dig through history to find that Ravens team I was referring to. It HAS happened. Mostly, around here, it is just speculation/wishful thinking until we have more data. I will give you that.
Well if that's how you feel, I'd say your giving yourself more credit than you deserve. But it's up to you. I hope your fellow Seahawks fans call you out whenever you lose two I a row.

Huh? There is an odd misunderstanding occurring here. I have NO idea what you think it is I have been saying in this thread.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2n28a81i said:
Huh? There is an odd misunderstanding occurring here. I have NO idea what you think it is I have been saying in this thread.

We have to be misunderstanding one another. I thought you were saying that you beat a team one week and demoralize them to the point that they lose the next week against a different opponent. If that's not what you're saying, then disregard my comment. I read it wrong.

pehawk

Reaction score
OffensivelyPC":6a0wq8fk said:
bestfightstory":6a0wq8fk said:

We have to be misunderstanding one another. I thought you were saying that you beat a team one week and demoralize them to the point that they lose the next week against a different opponent. If that's not what you're saying, then disregard my comment. I read it wrong.

The thought has merit. Off the top of my head, the 1999 Bucs did that. It was kind of a cool thing to watch, until it lead to my team's skid and eventual back into the playoffs.

XOXO

Jack Trudeau

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
PC, don't take things personally. I'm just asking a logical question, because like these gents, I've seen a couple teams have this effect. No, it's not 100% across the board, and no facts you put behind it or against it matter. Sometimes it is a one-and-done for a certain team, but sometimes a team CAN have lasting effects on another team, sending them into a tailspin. Don't deny it, and I hope to embrace this trend with MY team. That would be cool. And since we're on a Seahawks forum, I thought I'd mention it to see what others thought. But, if the Texans have to be the one team to break the mold, let it be. F the whiners. ;)

v1rotv2

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2oo28nig said:
So far this season, when we beat you, you lose the next week too. Is this just a coincidence, or is there something to it? I definitely think the Whiners game following the head to head battle was no fluke. Jacksonville is just bad, and Carolina lost one they should have won Hopefully the Texans are ready to destroy. But did we demoralize them? I don't see how they could be okay after Sunday.

Really, they should have won that? If they should have they would have. Actually the Hawk defense took it from them. So the team that was suppose to win did.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2lvgz66d said:
KARAVARUS":2lvgz66d said:
So far this season, when we beat you, you lose the next week too. Is this just a coincidence, or is there something to it? I definitely think the Whiners game following the head to head battle was no fluke. Jacksonville is just bad, and Carolina lost one they should have won Hopefully the Texans are ready to destroy. But did we demoralize them? I don't see how they could be okay after Sunday.

Really, they should have won that? If they should have they would have. Actually the Hawk defense took it from them. So the team that was suppose to win did.

KARAVARUS was referring to Carolina losing to the Bills the week following the Seahawks game.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
v1rotv2":22oxohkj said:
KARAVARUS":22oxohkj said:

He is referring to their game IN BUFFALO following their loss to us.

READING COMPREHENSION PEOPLE!!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
(Although, in retrospect, your argument still applies. Just credit the Bills rather than the Hawks.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26pily5k said:
^^^ Basically this.

The Texans and Jaguars also lost the week BEFORE they played Hawks. Maybe the Hawks demoralized them in advance?!?!? The "pattern" ain't much of one considering the Hawks opponents are 5-9 collectively, and not a one of them has a winning record.

There you go again acting like a Seahawk know-it-all with all of your detractions.

Facts:

Carolina was 0-0 when we beat them, in their own house, in 90 degree heat, down 3 of our top pass-rushers + Browner at 10 a.m.

San Fran was 1-0 when we beat them, losing our LT, down two of our top pass-rushers, + BB

Jax was 0-3.

Texans was 2-1 when we beat them without our top 3 OL, losing our best pass-rusher + still missing one of most athletic players. On the road at 10 am in 95 degree weather.

Its not like we were decimated by 4-0 and 3-1 teams with victories against teams with a combined 2-5 record.

Take away Jacksonville and the Seahawks opponents have a collective 5-5 record.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":281ncpjg said:
PC, don't take things personally. I'm just asking a logical question, because like these gents, I've seen a couple teams have this effect. No, it's not 100% across the board, and no facts you put behind it or against it matter. Sometimes it is a one-and-done for a certain team, but sometimes a team CAN have lasting effects on another team, sending them into a tailspin. Don't deny it, and I hope to embrace this trend with MY team. That would be cool. And since we're on a Seahawks forum, I thought I'd mention it to see what others thought. But, if the Texans have to be the one team to break the mold, let it be. F the whiners. ;)
Eh, if that's the argument fine. I don't take it personal. I think i'ts a silly one and most people who spend their lives playing/coaching/analyzing football would scoff at the notion. But you've got your opinion, and I respect it, regardless of how silly I think it is. I think that even if you pose the question, you're right about the fact that no facts could ever prove it or disprove it. So it comes down to personal opinion, and I'm of the opinion that if I lose, i'ts because the team on the other side of the ball beat me, not the team I lost to last week.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2azztuyo said:
There you go again acting like a Seahawk know-it-all with all of your detractions.

Huh?

If the "detraction" is that I'd question if the Hawks (or ANY team in ANY sport EVER) are good enough to make teams that they're not even playing consistently lose, then yes, I suppose that makes me a detractor. I think the Hawks are an absolutely great team and absolutely one of the best two in the NFL so far, but that doesn't mean that the assertion isn't silly.

I brought up that 2 of the 3 teams that had played a previous game before playing the Hawks lost those games as a joke, hypothesizing as a joke that maybe the Seahawks were so good that they also caused teams to lose games not against them before they even played them. It was a joke and a rhetorical observation to make my point, nothing to freak about. :)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1m894lcq said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1m894lcq said:

Huh?

If the "detraction" is that I'd question if the Hawks (or ANY team in ANY sport EVER) are good enough to make teams that they're not even playing consistently lose, then yes, I suppose that makes me a detractor. I think the Hawks are an absolutely great team and absolutely one of the best two in the NFL so far, but that doesn't mean that the assertion isn't silly.

I brought up that 2 of the 3 teams that had played a previous game before playing the Hawks lost those games as a joke, hypothesizing as a joke that maybe the Seahawks were so good that they also caused teams to lose games not against them before they even played them. It was a joke and a rhetorical observation to make my point, nothing to freak about. :)

I honestly don't care because you could have said what you said without saying anything about the collective W-L record of Seahawks opponents. If you don't put in that stat I don't question your logic once again. Rhetoric or not.

And I would like to add:

If the Seahawks lost to the Panthers, Panthers would be 2-1.

If the Seahawks lost to the 49ers, 49ers would be 3-1.

If the Seahawks lost to the Texans, Texans would be 3-1.

Seahawks would be 1-3 but their losses would be to opponents with winning records, so it makes it okay right?

No, I rather have the Seahawks be a 4-0 and not give a damn about what their opponents collective W-L record is

Also, I think there is some truth to the OPs statment but its not so one-side.d

A. Seahawks physical smash-mouth style can at times stagger an opponent with some linger effects especially if the Seahawks cook up a good recipe in diasbling an opponent that other teams scout up on.

OR

B. The Seahawks play their style, either fight their way back from a huge deficit, or simply blow-out an opponent into embarrassment of a loss where teams get angry with their back against the wall and go all out the next week.

I feel like the 49ers fall under option A. And the Texans fall under option B, so good luck.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We are definitely in the heads of the teams we've beat (that mattered). Carolina's loss came on the first week of the season. They were not positive who they were, so when they lost, they saw it as "we have work to do". They got off easy.

The 9ers? I don't even need to go into the damage we caused the psyche of that fragile franchise.

Jacksonville? Now that was a team that knew how to take a beating. They understood they were supposed to lose, did so, and were subsequently allowed to depart without additional trauma.

Houston? They had a problem. They got caught up in their press, as well as their success in the early going. Next thing you know, you have JJ Watt rambling incoherently, Cushing in a fog and their fans burning Schaub jerseys.

Indy would be wise to watch film of the Jacksonville game. That's the way you want to lose if you hope to escape a future of rambling "what ifs" and a steady diet of of Thorazine.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
HawkWow":13b790l1 said:
We are definitely in the heads of the teams we've beat (that mattered). Carolina's loss came on the first week of the season. They were not positive who they were, so when they lost, they saw it as "we have work to do". They got off easy.

The 9ers? I don't even need to go into the damage we caused the psyche of that fragile franchise.

Jacksonville? Now that was a team that knew how to take a beating. They understood they were supposed to lose, did so, and were subsequently allowed to depart without additional trauma.

Houston? They had a problem. They got caught up in their press, as well as their success in the early going. Next thing you know, you have JJ Watt rambling incoherently, Cushing in a fog and their fans burning Schaub jerseys.

Indy would be wise to watch film of the Jacksonville game. That's the way you want to lose if you hope to escape a future of rambling "what ifs" and a steady diet of of Thorazine.

Thread.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3aju7m3q said:
HawkWow":3aju7m3q said:

Thread.

That was worthy of a Pulitzer Prize, I agree.